Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long hard look at ourselves 17:31 - Oct 22 with 1898 viewscressi

Thought keeper did what he had to do no major saves no chance with goal. Full backs Spence poor positional sense Knudson ok first half.centre Half's chambers and Webster both steady did nothing wrong.
Midfield Nyron game just passed him by .Scuse never ever going up with him in the middle of the park bang average. McGoldrick nice footballer but awful today did little. Adeymi looked like a man who has played little football last two months. Garner tried but service he got was poor. Waghorn our best player by a country mile.
Long hard look at ourselves on 17:49 - Oct 22 with 1843 viewsmos

Wouldn't say Waghorn was our best player by a country mile at all. What he did do well was get into the right positions, but his end product was generally not exquisite enough. Played well, but could of had a bit more consistency in his crosses and shots.

To me, our problem was in midfield, it seemed like Norwich had a more skill full and attacking midfield in Maddison and Hoolahan against our Skuse, Nydam and Adeyemi. We could've done with someone to have a bit more of a go at their back line, it was only until Celina came on that we actually started putting Norwich's defence on their heels. But at that time, it was too late.

Do think we need to invest in a holding midfielder who can make passes, control the game and keep possession and do the dirty work, and then a more forward-thinking attacking midfielder like Norwich's Hoolahan. Unfortunately, these players are the most hard to come by.

First half, I thought we should of grabbed a goal. So many missed chances against Norwich today, we could've definitely got a goal. 16 shots 2 on target, either unlucky, or our chances that we created weren't definitive enough.

Manager change possibly?

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Long hard look at ourselves on 18:27 - Oct 22 with 1769 viewsTractorWood

Waghorn offered no cover defensively so your slating of Spence is probably a bit myopic.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Long hard look at ourselves on 21:11 - Oct 22 with 1667 viewsSuffolktractor

Long hard look at ourselves on 18:27 - Oct 22 by TractorWood

Waghorn offered no cover defensively so your slating of Spence is probably a bit myopic.

MM picks the team and surely knows what level of cover Waghorn offers when played out wide. Surely he would have been better with Sears in that wide position.
The manager picks the team and sets the tactics.
Long hard look at ourselves on 21:23 - Oct 22 with 1616 viewsbournemouthblue

We clearly have some ability going forward but they all seem to play with a focus on a runner ahead of them

I almost felt that we had three number 10's on the pitch today. I think you'd get more direct running with Sears and/or Celina playing with this trio

We could really do with a big powerful striker who pins the opposition back, whilst also able to make runs through the middle. We seem to have most bases ticked, we just need a bit more in this area of the pitch.

Nydam is a good little footballer but this was a tough game for him, I also felt Skuse just seemed to blend in.

Flynn Downes looked quite promising when he came on.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Long hard look at ourselves on 21:29 - Oct 22 with 1604 viewschristiand

Long hard look at ourselves on 18:27 - Oct 22 by TractorWood

Problem is he'll select players out of position to accommodate them in the team, not for the benefit of the side. He needed an out of winger that knows and understands the wide role. Waghorn is a forward that can play on the right. This is why I can't understand why Rowe doesn't get more of a look in. He has a bit about his came offensively and will do the horrible stuff too, but MM never gives him the opportunity to play. MM even said that Rowe was playing well for the U23, but still doesn't select him, an utter joke really. Rowe must wonder why they signed him from Macclesfield!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024