Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich fans awful today.... 19:33 - Oct 22 with 10733 viewsITFC_Forever

Had the misfortune of walking past the station around 9.40 this morning just as a train from Norwich had pulled in, and hundreds of them came out of the station to take their designated pub,
and were quite happy to give it out from the Station Hotel car park.

In the ground though, they were virtually silent through the first half... we usually get treated to some bizarre song about a scrimmage, but they didn’t even manage that.

They did get noisier after the goal, but that was an hour or so in to the game.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 19:42]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:34 - Oct 22 with 10680 viewsGeoffSentence

They are always like that, absolutely silent except for a couple of minutes after they score. The PJ derby was the only one when I have heard them make much noise.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:39 - Oct 22 with 10594 viewsBenters

Said it before and i will say it again.

The only was to improve the atmosphere at PR is to move the away fans towards the NS.

As for walking past them over the bridge was just bantz.

My train rolled in at the same time as the Nodge and the swines let a smoke bomb off near Greggs and it bloody stank.So i didnt get my suasage roll.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:48 - Oct 22 with 10425 viewsReuser_is_God

Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:39 - Oct 22 by Benters

The only was to improve the atmosphere at PR is to move the away fans towards the NS.

My train rolled in at the same time as the Nodge and the swines let a smoke bomb off near Greggs and it bloody stank.So i didnt get my suasage roll.

Probably for the best.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Norwich fans awful today.... on 20:08 - Oct 22 with 10212 viewsITFC_Forever

They done you a favour then.

BTP would have known two trains would be in at the same time, surely it would have made sense to hold the Norwich train until the station was clear again.

Norwich fans awful today.... on 20:39 - Oct 22 with 9917 viewsDinnernotTea

Not that it means a jot to scum fans but I find them really strange. If roles reversed and we were 9 unbeaten imagine the noise from us. You never, ever come away home or away thinking they were loud.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Norwich fans awful today.... on 20:41 - Oct 22 with 9881 viewsReuser_is_God

Norwich fans awful today.... on 20:08 - Oct 22 by ITFC_Forever

BTP would have known two trains would be in at the same time, surely it would have made sense to hold the Norwich train until the station was clear again.

They probably know it'll never kick off big time so doubt they're that fussed by it. Probably allows them 1 or 2 easy nicks aswell.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Norwich fans awful today.... on 21:26 - Oct 22 with 9462 viewslazyblue

And I have said this before and will say it again.

Town fans should instead move from SBR to SAR upper as then you can look down on the away fans and the acoustics so much better, atmosphere would be electric then.
Norwich fans awful today.... on 22:13 - Oct 22 with 9158 viewsnoggin

Norwich fans awful today.... on 21:26 - Oct 22 by lazyblue

Town fans should instead move from SBR to SAR upper as then you can look down on the away fans and the acoustics so much better, atmosphere would be electric then.

If people can't be bothered to move from the SBR for one game, then the atmosphere will always be flat.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich fans awful today.... on 22:19 - Oct 22 with 9113 viewsRadlett_blue

Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:34 - Oct 22 by GeoffSentence

They are always like that, absolutely silent except for a couple of minutes after they score. The PJ derby was the only one when I have heard them make much noise.

Norwich fan are quiet & only make noise after their team scores.
Our fans are passionate for 90 minutes, eh?
Whatever.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Norwich fans awful today.... on 22:21 - Oct 22 with 9085 viewsnoggin

Norwich fans awful today.... on 22:19 - Oct 22 by Radlett_blue

Whatever.

From the radio commentary, both sets of fans were quiet today. Sad times.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Norwich fans awful today.... on 06:07 - Oct 23 with 8533 viewsBenters

Norwich fans awful today.... on 20:08 - Oct 22 by ITFC_Forever

It wasnt to bad to be honest.

The only bit of trouble (ish) i saw was when some 'older' town fan got the hump with a couple of young Norwich fans,'do you want some' was spoken about from the town fan,i just looked at the town fan and thought really?

Gentlybentley

Norwich fans awful today.... on 06:57 - Oct 23 with 8418 viewsTLA

Norwich fans awful today.... on 06:07 - Oct 23 by Benters

The only bit of trouble (ish) i saw was when some 'older' town fan got the hump with a couple of young Norwich fans,'do you want some' was spoken about from the town fan,i just looked at the town fan and thought really?

Morning Benters.

We had a similar thing - had to get a replacement bus from Norwich to Yarmouth with a load of Nodge. They obviously ripped into us but it was very good natured. Then another Town fan got on and started giving it Billy Big Balls to them a ruined the atmosphere a bit. Once he shut up, we had some really good banter and they made me sing a song to prove we had one!
Norwich fans awful today.... on 06:57 - Oct 23 with 8417 viewsJohnhoz

Norwich fans awful today.... on 06:07 - Oct 23 by Benters

When he said 'Do you want some', perhaps he was just offering one of his werthers originals?

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Norwich fans awful today.... on 07:09 - Oct 23 with 8379 viewsBenters

Norwich fans awful today.... on 06:57 - Oct 23 by TLA

Morning Benters.

We had a similar thing - had to get a replacement bus from Norwich to Yarmouth with a load of Nodge. They obviously ripped into us but it was very good natured. Then another Town fan got on and started giving it Billy Big Balls to them a ruined the atmosphere a bit. Once he shut up, we had some really good banter and they made me sing a song to prove we had one!

Morning Sir.

I just couldnt believe it i thought blimey calm down.

It was just bantz.

Gentlybentley

Norwich fans awful today.... on 07:10 - Oct 23 with 8375 viewsBenters

Norwich fans awful today.... on 06:57 - Oct 23 by Johnhoz

When he said 'Do you want some', perhaps he was just offering one of his werthers originals?

He didnt offer me one .

Tight arse.

Gentlybentley

Norwich fans awful today.... on 07:15 - Oct 23 with 8353 viewsTLA

Norwich fans awful today.... on 07:09 - Oct 23 by Benters

Morning Sir.

I just couldnt believe it i thought blimey calm down.

It was just bantz.

I always like the bantz going over the bridge with the away fans down below.

It was actually a good laugh on the coach once the town twot shut up. The Nodge fans couldn't believe we weren't all hounding out Evans - they said they would have done a few years back.
Norwich fans awful today.... on 09:44 - Oct 23 with 7953 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwich fans awful today.... on 22:19 - Oct 22 by Radlett_blue

Whatever.

Not sure where you are coming from, my point was simply about them. However, if you want a comparison then I was thinking more about other away fans, who by and large, and particularly those with followings of the same size as the budgies bring are considerably noisier than the budgies,

Also, yes our away support is makes much more noise than the budgies who come here. I have no idea what budgie away support is like elsewhere, but they are always quiet here. Maybe they get nervous.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwich fans awful today.... on 13:36 - Oct 23 with 7522 viewsTJS

Norwich fans awful today.... on 21:26 - Oct 22 by lazyblue

There was a small experiment with this a few years ago.
I'm pretty sure it was effectively killed when the club said they would be rigidly enforcing no standing rules at that end of the ground.
Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:22 - Oct 23 with 7135 viewsGriller

Norwich fans awful today.... on 09:44 - Oct 23 by GeoffSentence

Not sure where you are coming from, my point was simply about them. However, if you want a comparison then I was thinking more about other away fans, who by and large, and particularly those with followings of the same size as the budgies bring are considerably noisier than the budgies,

Also, yes our away support is makes much more noise than the budgies who come here. I have no idea what budgie away support is like elsewhere, but they are always quiet here. Maybe they get nervous.

I don't think the Norwich away support at Portman Road makes any less noise than when Ipswich supporters visit Carrow Road and yes, nervous tension always plays it's part for both teams. I will guarantee you one thing though -.the 8000 Norwich fans going to Arsenal tomorrow night will make considerably more noise than your following does at Burton on Saturday. That is not me being aggressive, it's simply a statement of fact.
Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:25 - Oct 23 with 7109 viewsgainsboroughblue

Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:22 - Oct 23 by Griller

I don't think the Norwich away support at Portman Road makes any less noise than when Ipswich supporters visit Carrow Road and yes, nervous tension always plays it's part for both teams. I will guarantee you one thing though -.the 8000 Norwich fans going to Arsenal tomorrow night will make considerably more noise than your following does at Burton on Saturday. That is not me being aggressive, it's simply a statement of fact.

Until it happens, it is still opinion at the moment.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:46 - Oct 23 with 7011 viewsSteve_M

Your lot were pretty quiet yesterday though, hardly anything from them before the goal.

P.S. Congratulations on getting your internet fixed again.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:47 - Oct 23 with 7006 viewsITFC_Forever

To be honest, you’d expect 8000 people to make more noise than 1500.... probably around 5 times as much.

Norwich fans awful today.... on 19:50 - Oct 23 with 6985 viewsSpruceMoose

I wasn't aware that fingers plugging away diligently in nostrils, or drool slowly dripping from slack jaws made that much noise.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwich fans awful today.... on 20:45 - Oct 23 with 6811 viewsDeano69

That Farkelife song they sang made me cringe each time.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024