Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans Out! 21:32 - Oct 22 with 2593 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When mick goes (and rightly so barring a miracle season) at the end of the year, in will come someone similar. He too will get no money. We will resort to having to scrap out wins to survive. The fans will turn on the dull scrappy football (somewhat understandably). We will then continue as a boring chanpionship team or eventually slip into league 1.

We all got overexcited at the apparent upping in funds at the start of the season. As it turns out, it was mick finding them on the cheap that meant we got the deals done. No chamge from Evans to give mick a chance. Instead he seemingly used the wages of the players released to cover it.

I've said it for 18 months/2 years now: Evans is killing our club. The game has got too rich for him. I don't blame him for not spending more of his money. I do blame him for choosing to not sell out club but instead allow us to continue paddling along every year in this league, praying for a season where we flirt with the playoffs against all odds ffs.

Meanwhile numbers of season ticket holders continue to fall. Interest of supporters gradually goes elsewhere. Another season comes and goes in the championship.

There really is only one thing we can hope for now.. Evans Out.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Evans Out! on 21:47 - Oct 22 with 2535 viewschristiand

The upped funding by ME in the summer was a myth. I think we got all excited with the signings of Huws, Garner and Waghorn. Then the club announce they got them for bargain prices, really shot themselves in the foot. MM has reverted back to type with his style of football, just don't believe it possible that a leopard can ever change their spots and he has shown he hasn't regarding his approach to games. I still can't get over how we still just lump the ball forwards to our strikers, 'Oi Mick, Murphy was sold over a season ago.....he doesn't play for us any more!' Sorry, town fans but I don't know how to play any other way - yep, I'm getting that now MM, can see that with my own eyes!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 21:49]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Evans Out! on 22:14 - Oct 22 with 2471 viewsdavblue

The bounce at the start of the season was never going to last. It’s reminded of Villa in the prem when Lambert won the first 4 games with very little shots on target. That was never going to be sustainable. The playing style needs to be looked at and I can’t see it ever really changing under Mick.
Evans Out! on 22:33 - Oct 22 with 2435 viewsJimmy86

Strikes me as a bit of a catch 22 situation.

Mick has done enough in his time here to warrant being backed with more funds and that is purely down to Evans. Saying that, do people honestly trust Mick if he had some decent money?

Having said the above it's not Evans who picks the team and employs the pragmatic and negative tactics.

We def had a good start to the season and played better football, but 7 defeats in 9 is worrying form.

We do now have a better team and squad compared to last season and the "lack of funds" argument is beginning to wear thin. I think there are managers out there who could do a decent job here with the players available. Mick is just far too pragmatic and that won't ever change. Reactionary instead of proactive, makes changes too late to effect a game and doesn't know his best system.
Evans Out! on 02:57 - Oct 23 with 2326 viewsSwansea_Blue

Now there's a campaign I could get behind. His tenureship has been bladdy awful.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans Out! on 05:53 - Oct 23 with 2299 viewsCurrie10

Evans Out! on 22:33 - Oct 22 by Jimmy86

Strikes me as a bit of a catch 22 situation.

Mick has done enough in his time here to warrant being backed with more funds and that is purely down to Evans. Saying that, do people honestly trust Mick if he had some decent money?

Having said the above it's not Evans who picks the team and employs the pragmatic and negative tactics.

We def had a good start to the season and played better football, but 7 defeats in 9 is worrying form.

We do now have a better team and squad compared to last season and the "lack of funds" argument is beginning to wear thin. I think there are managers out there who could do a decent job here with the players available. Mick is just far too pragmatic and that won't ever change. Reactionary instead of proactive, makes changes too late to effect a game and doesn't know his best system.

' Saying that, do people honestly trust Mick if he had some decent money? '

Pretty much every single transfer fee - the very few he's had in his five years that I can recall have been a success so yes I certainly would back Mick to assemble what he'd like if given a warchest.

For all his downfalls interms of turgid footy, I think he'd built a decent squad this season. Not impressed with how he's using what he's built however that's a different question entirely.
Evans Out! on 08:18 - Oct 23 with 2217 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Evans Out! on 02:57 - Oct 23 by Swansea_Blue

Now there's a campaign I could get behind. His tenureship has been bladdy awful.

As soon as Scum scored yesterday, it felt like it was game over.

A horrible feeling even with half an hour left

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Evans Out! on 08:21 - Oct 23 with 2200 viewschicoazul

It's all so pointless. Evans has had 4 Managers in 10 years, spent loads of money, had an amazing churn of players and the nett result is 11000 season ticket holders mid table stagnation and we cant even sell out at home to Norwich. Well done Marcus, you're a genius.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Evans Out! on 09:18 - Oct 23 with 2140 viewsJimmy86

Evans Out! on 05:53 - Oct 23 by Currie10

Pretty much every single transfer fee - the very few he's had in his five years that I can recall have been a success so yes I certainly would back Mick to assemble what he'd like if given a warchest.

For all his downfalls interms of turgid footy, I think he'd built a decent squad this season. Not impressed with how he's using what he's built however that's a different question entirely.

I think it's still the type of player that he would buy to be honest, that is why I would question him with significant funds.

I agree entirely about how he is using what he has. There is no clear direction, we'll play 2 or 3 systems a game and it all smacks of make it up as we go along.

At Wolves Mick was a 4 4 2 man, all day long and has been for the most part here. The only thing is 4 4 2 is now a thing of the past and that's where Mick is getting found out. We have the players to play any number of systems, but to play Didz on the left of a front 3, when he has zero pace is ridiculous
Login to get fewer ads

Evans Out! on 10:50 - Oct 23 with 2093 viewsClausThomsen

Mick gets out-thought again and again it's Evans' fault...
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 10:50]
Evans Out! on 10:53 - Oct 23 with 2079 viewsClausThomsen

Evans Out! on 05:53 - Oct 23 by Currie10

That's the most important question.

He spent a fortune at wolves and their style of football got worse and they were ultimately relegated.

Evans would surely be aware of this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024