Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to change the manager now 23:14 - Oct 22 with 3050 viewsunstableblue

I’ve had a chance to reflect on today.

Firstly it was a great occasion and the build up excellent. I thought the blue cards (albeit became paper aeroplane central) were a nice touch, and I thought the PA got everyone going.

Atmosphere at kick-off was great. Lifted the players, Norwich rattled. And we blustered our way through the first half and created good chances. But town really did lack effectiveness and efficiency, it’s all a bit headless chicken, and of course it’s all too aerial. There’s no system, no plan, hence it’s all a bit ugly but again and more importantly it doesn’t stretch teams and it turns the ball over terribly quickly.

Second half our lack of composure, system and plan was horribly exposed. It’s personified by throw to chambers he gets pressed and then he passes to Spence who is already being closed by 2 players so he launches, this happened 3/4 Times.

Nydam and Adeyemis pressing probably saved us getting a hiding, and skuse was actually better. But there’s no real plan to link with front 3; mcgoldrick got frustrated early with zero service then had a shocker. I mean that punt in the air from the kick off was shocking!! We don’t have a target man.

We are just not being coached and managed well enough, it is so obvious.

We need to takes risk on a technical manager who is on the rise. We have 3/4 really good youngsters coming through and actually mick has got some good players together.

But mick does not consistently get the best from the sum of the parts.

It is obvious.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

We need to change the manager now on 00:45 - Oct 23 with 2930 viewsCurrie10

I think Mick or no Mick, we're not going to get anywhere near promotion. I'm very pro Mick, however that second half especially after they scored was tepid, painful and slow.

I don't like the style of play Mick uses whatsoever and have no doubt another manager would play a more eye catching style of play. Of that there is little doubt!

However, I don't believe another manager would do anywhere near as well as Mick has given budget constraints.

I think his summer transfers given circumstance were absolutely class. However, not sure he's using them all correctly!

I do however think this will be his last term.
We need to change the manager now on 02:12 - Oct 23 with 2877 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

In retrospect McCarthy should have vacated after the play-off finish two or three years back, of course we weren't to know the subsequent time would be more often than not sub-standard with his continued "leadership", but hindsight can be a strong ally.

Looking at the present situation, ideally a new manager would seem imperative. Fair enough some are in favor of what we possess, but what the hell can we hope to achieve while it remains as it is ? Stability ?, a handful of impressive scores while the rest of it amounts to mundane safety-first garbage ? No thanks, I'd hope to be a bit more daring. Seems a number of people actually view this as a viable option - for everyone else - we've witnessed enough.

Next year is the 40 year anniversary of the FA Cup victory and with McCarthy in place we'll be fortunate to navigate the first round. I realize a good number of our fans care about as much for the competition as perhaps the manager himself, but for nostalgia purposes, I'd like to see us give it a go and make some real progress.

Bottom line, if it stays as it is i.e. MM in charge of team affairs, we'll be viewing a 10th - 15th place league finish and almost certain elimination at the earliest possible convenience. Some would hope for maybe something more, we could make a comsiderable difference if only someone had the guts - or vision - to terminate his contract or he'd just up and leave of his own free will. Pity is, you got to realize any immediate change is between slim and zero.
We need to change the manager now on 02:36 - Oct 23 with 2859 viewsCurrie10

We need to change the manager now on 02:12 - Oct 23 by Minneapolis_ITFC

In retrospect McCarthy should have vacated after the play-off finish two or three years back, of course we weren't to know the subsequent time would be more often than not sub-standard with his continued "leadership", but hindsight can be a strong ally.

Looking at the present situation, ideally a new manager would seem imperative. Fair enough some are in favor of what we possess, but what the hell can we hope to achieve while it remains as it is ? Stability ?, a handful of impressive scores while the rest of it amounts to mundane safety-first garbage ? No thanks, I'd hope to be a bit more daring. Seems a number of people actually view this as a viable option - for everyone else - we've witnessed enough.

Next year is the 40 year anniversary of the FA Cup victory and with McCarthy in place we'll be fortunate to navigate the first round. I realize a good number of our fans care about as much for the competition as perhaps the manager himself, but for nostalgia purposes, I'd like to see us give it a go and make some real progress.

Bottom line, if it stays as it is i.e. MM in charge of team affairs, we'll be viewing a 10th - 15th place league finish and almost certain elimination at the earliest possible convenience. Some would hope for maybe something more, we could make a comsiderable difference if only someone had the guts - or vision - to terminate his contract or he'd just up and leave of his own free will. Pity is, you got to realize any immediate change is between slim and zero.

15/16 without the injuries to Bishop/Fraser + McGoldrick we would have 100% come top 6. Unfortunate that term.

Last season I think Mick was completely taken for a ride by the club ala Murphy sale coming so damn late. Mick, like the guy or hate him which I can perfectly understand wouldn't have replaced him with a punt in Leon Best alone otherwise, no chance.

This term however, he's built a good squad. Sure, he's had injuries however this term is the first I am really cross with Mick and his management. We HAVE a good hold up striker, attacking players and he's completely NOT getting the balance right. I know we've had a lot of injuries, and I'll give him time as I like the guy / think he's done a very good job for us.

However, don't have a very positive vibe over this term. When we get Huws and others back, Mick will only have himself to blame this term should we not achieve/ at least give it a go and take the shackles off........

I don't necessarily demand top 6 like many. Sure, I'd like it however with what we spend vs what others spend, if people seriously think we SHOULD be top 6 each term....... really? It's not 1998 with a load of absolute guff in the league like Swindon/Port Vale/Bury/Oxford/Stockport/Crewe etc who were happy to come 16th and spend a mill you'd be guaranteed top 10. It's a lot harder now than the Burley days when rightly, we demanded top 6.

I do, however expect a plan B and not Celina for 15 mins or so when chasing a game and we'd done ZERO to get back into it. Cannot tolerate that!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 2:44]
We need to change the manager now on 06:12 - Oct 23 with 2798 viewsFtnfwest

All relevant but pointless as he won't be going anywhere
We need to change the manager now on 08:01 - Oct 23 with 2622 viewstractorboy1978

We need to change the manager now on 02:36 - Oct 23 by Currie10

15/16 without the injuries to Bishop/Fraser + McGoldrick we would have 100% come top 6. Unfortunate that term.

Last season I think Mick was completely taken for a ride by the club ala Murphy sale coming so damn late. Mick, like the guy or hate him which I can perfectly understand wouldn't have replaced him with a punt in Leon Best alone otherwise, no chance.

This term however, he's built a good squad. Sure, he's had injuries however this term is the first I am really cross with Mick and his management. We HAVE a good hold up striker, attacking players and he's completely NOT getting the balance right. I know we've had a lot of injuries, and I'll give him time as I like the guy / think he's done a very good job for us.

However, don't have a very positive vibe over this term. When we get Huws and others back, Mick will only have himself to blame this term should we not achieve/ at least give it a go and take the shackles off........

I don't necessarily demand top 6 like many. Sure, I'd like it however with what we spend vs what others spend, if people seriously think we SHOULD be top 6 each term....... really? It's not 1998 with a load of absolute guff in the league like Swindon/Port Vale/Bury/Oxford/Stockport/Crewe etc who were happy to come 16th and spend a mill you'd be guaranteed top 10. It's a lot harder now than the Burley days when rightly, we demanded top 6.

I do, however expect a plan B and not Celina for 15 mins or so when chasing a game and we'd done ZERO to get back into it. Cannot tolerate that!

I don't expect top 6 but I expect that to be the target. Mick coming out yesterday and saying he would take 23 wins and 23 defeats (a total not enough for the top 6) sums it up for me. What a strange thing to say. I think over the course of Evans tenure our standards and expectations have fallen to an all time low. The club needs new energy from an owner and management team that have a plan to get out of this division and believe that we can get out of this division.
We need to change the manager now on 08:11 - Oct 23 with 2586 viewsmarcus1642

We need a fresh approach, Mickey boy has ran out of ideas and boy oh boy he's is arrogant with it.

Nobody is better than Mick are they. Simply nobody.

#arrogantmickout
We need to change the manager now on 23:08 - Oct 23 with 2379 viewsCurrie10

We need to change the manager now on 08:01 - Oct 23 by tractorboy1978

I don't expect top 6 but I expect that to be the target. Mick coming out yesterday and saying he would take 23 wins and 23 defeats (a total not enough for the top 6) sums it up for me. What a strange thing to say. I think over the course of Evans tenure our standards and expectations have fallen to an all time low. The club needs new energy from an owner and management team that have a plan to get out of this division and believe that we can get out of this division.

I think 69 may do top 6 this term or be very close. Every side taking points off each other.
We need to change the manager now on 23:13 - Oct 23 with 2361 viewschristiand

We need to change the manager now on 23:08 - Oct 23 by Currie10

I think 69 may do top 6 this term or be very close. Every side taking points off each other.

It helps when you can actually win games. 23 wins looks a long way off when you have lost 7 of the last 9 games. However, 23 defeats is more than achieveable the rate we are going!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

We need to change the manager now on 23:52 - Oct 23 with 2295 viewsstonojnr

the problem is as much as Mick is his own worst enemy alot of the time, I look at the game yesterday and think well is it all his fault when the team cant seem to string more than two passes together, or their default option when they have the ball is to immediately concede it by dinking a 50/50 hit and hope ball, sometimes its not even that good odds, in the hope someone in a blue shirt happens to be running the right way. He might setup the formation and I couldnt work out what it was supposed to be it looked to be 9-1 at one stage, but I was struck by how average a side of players they looked at even doing the basics well.

so how a change in manager fixes that, with no money I dont know.
We need to change the manager now on 23:59 - Oct 23 with 2277 viewsCurrie10

We need to change the manager now on 23:13 - Oct 23 by christiand

It helps when you can actually win games. 23 wins looks a long way off when you have lost 7 of the last 9 games. However, 23 defeats is more than achieveable the rate we are going!

Well done captain obvious, we did the first four.

I see nothing wrong in Mick saying, if he was offered 69 points right now he'd take it.

I get the hate for him, however many are so happy to twist anything people say.
We need to change the manager now on 07:31 - Oct 24 with 2196 viewsClausThomsen

We need to change the manager now on 02:36 - Oct 23 by Currie10

15/16 we'd have come 6th if we hadn't played our second choice keeper for half the season!

He has signed some good players in 2017, he has no-one and nothing to blame now but himself.

Weird that when we had injuries and illness we won 5 in a row, now players are coming back we're getting worse.

If we lose to Burton we'll look in danger of repeating last season's relegation battle.

Funnily enough, when we've played a back 5 this season we've only conceded once. The same back 5 that put together our best run last season. Why we've abandoned that for a back 4 that's been leaking it's ass off for ages only MM knows.
We need to change the manager now on 07:52 - Oct 24 with 2168 viewschristiand

We need to change the manager now on 23:59 - Oct 23 by Currie10

Well done captain obvious, we did the first four.

I see nothing wrong in Mick saying, if he was offered 69 points right now he'd take it.

I get the hate for him, however many are so happy to twist anything people say.

If we get anywhere near 69 points that will be an amazing effort. The fact that MM twists things to suit his own agenda is stating the obvious too. Yes 23 wins I would accept, the problem is the team has to go out and win those games, when you can't get any meaningful shots on target you'll win nowt!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024