Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No imagination, no flair 08:13 - Oct 23 with 2104 viewsGlasgowBlue

No purpose, no penetration.

Just some of the comments from non Ipswich supporting friends I watched the game with in Kraków yesterday.

Once they scored it was obvious we weren’t getting back into the game. The only time we looked lively was in the final ten minutes when Celina was in the pitch. Whether he was personally effective or not, the rest of the team, especially Waghorn, came to life after that substitution.

For me Mick’s time is up. He should have been thanked at the end of last season for the fantastic job he did for us over the past five years but a fresh approach was needed and all we are getting is the same old same old.

Last season I said there was no point in changing the manager mid season as we would be safe and a change could unsettle the team in a nag time fashion. This season I am of a different opinion.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No imagination, no flair on 08:15 - Oct 23 with 2074 viewstractorboy1978

Your opinion on this is as irrelevant as mine unfortunately because we all know he's going nowhere. Safest job in football.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 8:15]
No imagination, no flair on 08:21 - Oct 23 with 2027 viewsArnieM

MM is tactically inept
Evans Clueless about how to run a Football Club

Piss off the pair of them !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

No imagination, no flair on 08:21 - Oct 23 with 2028 viewsBrixtonBlue

Absolutely agree with everything you've said there. I, along with many I'm sure, was calling for Celina (and Sears too, for his pace, actually) long before Mick actually made that substitution. Neither had enough time to do much, but as you say, we came to life again when they did eventually come on.

This is a regular failing of Mick, waiting too long to make changes.

And funnily enough, Marcus is the same. This season will drift into nothingness. Again.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

No imagination, no flair on 09:00 - Oct 23 with 1933 viewsJohnny_Boy

I do think the introduction of iFollow this season has dragged those fence-sitting fans based abroad, which have normally been unable to watch most of the matches - to suddenly understand / experience why the dramatic loss of PR crowds is happening.
No imagination, no flair on 09:03 - Oct 23 with 1927 viewsNorthern_Blue81

(Norwich) were barely troubled in the final half-hour as Ipswich offered little more than a series of aimless balls on to their heads. Guardian

Well summed up.

Is time to go Mick.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 9:04]
No imagination, no flair on 09:04 - Oct 23 with 1914 viewshype313

We have drifted with Keane, Jewell and Mick, think you need to look higher up the chain to see where the problem lies.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

No imagination, no flair on 09:09 - Oct 23 with 1891 viewsITFC_Forever

No imagination, no flair on 09:03 - Oct 23 by Northern_Blue81

(Norwich) were barely troubled in the final half-hour as Ipswich offered little more than a series of aimless balls on to their heads. Guardian

Well summed up.

Is time to go Mick.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 9:04]

The writer of that article is not a reporter who watched the game as a one-off as a neutral.... I know him in the real world and he is as big a Town fan as the rest of us, so he is also well-aware of the wider context of where we are as a club.

He may even post on this site.....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

No imagination, no flair on 09:20 - Oct 23 with 1865 viewsPinewoodblue

What is really annoying is all the sympathy you get from friends after they see us lose on the television.

Lincoln was bad enough but the Norwich games are far more difficult. It is hard to disagree with any of the comments you receive yes we are gutless, yes I know you expected more passion, more imagination, more effort. No doubt more of the same when Wednesday come to town.

All I can offer in defence is "I don't have a season ticket anymore so don't have to be tortured every week"

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

No imagination, no flair on 09:49 - Oct 23 with 1772 viewsStokieBlue

No imagination, no flair on 09:09 - Oct 23 by ITFC_Forever

The writer of that article is not a reporter who watched the game as a one-off as a neutral.... I know him in the real world and he is as big a Town fan as the rest of us, so he is also well-aware of the wider context of where we are as a club.

He may even post on this site.....

He posted the article on here himself yesterday I thought.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024