Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday 08:52 - Oct 23 with 9887 viewsmaccyd9

Not out of petulance, but I just felt nothing. I wasn't upset or angry, I just felt like what happened was normal.

It was like any other game. Great pre match, then nothing. The game spoilt what was a quality day with mates.

I've been toying with the idea for a long time but kept telling myself that this season will be different, but 7 defeats in 9 and Mick telling us "we will get what we can" from Burton, Cardiff and Preston says nothing is going to change.

When Evans wants to have a proper go and back a manager I'll be back. Or even when we have a manager that takes a chance (how Celina didn't start yesterday is baffling).

The club is stale, the fans are stale and we are drifting into nothingness.

And worryingly it could get worse. Pre xmas we are away in 7 out of our 10 games and have to go to Burton, Cardiff, Hull, Villa, Derby, Middlesbrough and Wolves.

Either way, I'm taking a break from it and will be back the moment I see a club that wants to have a proper go.
I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 08:56 - Oct 23 with 8749 viewsnoggin

Don't think anyone can blame you. The club is drifting without a rudder and fans have had enough.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 09:06 - Oct 23 with 8665 viewsfactual_blue

I'm afraid you won't be back anytime soon. But I don't blame you.

As my experience as a 62 year former ST holder shows, the club doesn't even care about its fans and its heritage any more.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 09:07 - Oct 23 with 8676 viewsReuser_is_God

Don't blame you.

I didn't renew after last season & I genuinely haven't missed it one bit.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 09:12 - Oct 23 with 8627 viewsmaccyd9

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 09:07 - Oct 23 by Reuser_is_God

Don't blame you.

I didn't renew after last season & I genuinely haven't missed it one bit.

The only thing that I'll miss is the guaranteed afternoon out every couple of weeks with mates and the risk of not getting a ticket for scum away,
I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 10:37 - Oct 23 with 8381 viewsTractorWood

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 09:12 - Oct 23 by maccyd9

The only thing that I'll miss is the guaranteed afternoon out every couple of weeks with mates and the risk of not getting a ticket for scum away,

Think that risk is reducing every year.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 10:54 - Oct 23 with 8277 viewsReuser_is_God

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 10:37 - Oct 23 by TractorWood

Think that risk is reducing every year.

I know it's easy to say right now but I wouldn't even be bothered to miss out on Norwich away this year.

I've become one of those fans I used to hate, only interested in going Norwich games.

Evans out

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:01 - Oct 23 with 8234 viewsITFC_Forever

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 10:54 - Oct 23 by Reuser_is_God

I know it's easy to say right now but I wouldn't even be bothered to miss out on Norwich away this year.

I've become one of those fans I used to hate, only interested in going Norwich games.

There was 10,000 of you yesterday....

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:02 - Oct 23 with 8221 viewsReuser_is_God

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:01 - Oct 23 by ITFC_Forever

There was 10,000 of you yesterday....

Yeah, won't be back for a while yet either.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:17 - Oct 23 with 8143 viewsTractorWood

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:02 - Oct 23 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, won't be back for a while yet either.

The club doesn't emit the impression it cares so it's understandable so many are finding it easy to fade away. The silence from the club is pretty deafening.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:24 - Oct 23 with 8093 viewsmaccyd9

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:17 - Oct 23 by TractorWood

The club doesn't emit the impression it cares so it's understandable so many are finding it easy to fade away. The silence from the club is pretty deafening.

I think that's the real issue.

I genuinely feel I'm being mugged off by continually buying a season ticket. I don't feel appreciated as a fan and whilst I don't have a sense of entitlement, just something, anything from ME would do wonders.

The whole club is stale. 16 years in the same division and seemingly no idea how to get out of it. No plan to change. Why should fans continue to blindly back something that really returns nothing.
I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:41 - Oct 23 with 8005 viewsReuser_is_God

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:24 - Oct 23 by maccyd9

I think that's the real issue.

I genuinely feel I'm being mugged off by continually buying a season ticket. I don't feel appreciated as a fan and whilst I don't have a sense of entitlement, just something, anything from ME would do wonders.

The whole club is stale. 16 years in the same division and seemingly no idea how to get out of it. No plan to change. Why should fans continue to blindly back something that really returns nothing.

Evans will be along with another 5 point plan in the coming months.

Evans out

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:58 - Oct 23 with 7913 viewshype313

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 11:41 - Oct 23 by Reuser_is_God

Evans will be along with another 5 point plan in the coming months.

Good, cause I can't see us getting 5 points from any of the games.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 13:19 - Oct 23 with 7586 viewsBackToRussia

That's the impression you get whenever you go to PR as a non regular. It's dead, or at least in a coma. The fans too. Everything's sort of stuck in time, they can't even give the stadium a tidy up.

It used to be that going to Portman Road made you love football even more but now going actually turns me off not just Town but football generally.

It's sad but something has to give eventually.

Hopefully in a couple of years it'll be all change.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 13:20 - Oct 23 with 7566 viewsReuser_is_God

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 13:19 - Oct 23 by BackToRussia

That's the impression you get whenever you go to PR as a non regular. It's dead, or at least in a coma. The fans too. Everything's sort of stuck in time, they can't even give the stadium a tidy up.

It used to be that going to Portman Road made you love football even more but now going actually turns me off not just Town but football generally.

It's sad but something has to give eventually.

Hopefully in a couple of years it'll be all change.

Yeah, it's all massively depressing.

Evans out

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 13:21 - Oct 23 with 7550 viewsBackToRussia

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 13:20 - Oct 23 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, it's all massively depressing.

It is. But we'll outlast MM and Evans too.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 13:23 - Oct 23 with 7529 viewsBenters

Good for you chap.

Have you wrote a letter to the East Anglian and told them?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 17:39 - Oct 23 with 7300 viewsjas0999

Agreed. There just seems very little point of going nowadays.
I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 17:55 - Oct 23 with 7225 viewsBenters

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 17:39 - Oct 23 by jas0999

Agreed. There just seems very little point of going nowadays.

A lot of people still go though dont they.

Where the hell did that extra 10'000 ish come from yesterday?

People are still about they just need something to be excited about on the pitch.

Gentlybentley

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 18:08 - Oct 23 with 7168 viewsstrikalite

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 17:55 - Oct 23 by Benters

A lot of people still go though dont they.

Where the hell did that extra 10'000 ish come from yesterday?

People are still about they just need something to be excited about on the pitch.

...and when they do manage to shift even a few thousand more tickets(like the £10 tickets) they always play utter sh!te which scares them all away again, every time..
I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 18:12 - Oct 23 with 7143 viewsBenters

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 18:08 - Oct 23 by strikalite

...and when they do manage to shift even a few thousand more tickets(like the £10 tickets) they always play utter sh!te which scares them all away again, every time..

I must admit i was very surprised to see dear old PR so full.

First half was v.good and i really got the bug to want to come again a bit more,then in the second half it went a bit tits.

Gentlybentley

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 18:12 - Oct 23 with 7142 views3_5_2

I think there are a lot like you Maccy, there just seems no end to it

There are some who say yesterday was "just one game" well to me that is totally missing the point. It is one in game but in a series which we are slowly but surely going backwards. We have the odd flurry here and there but we can't now sell out a Derby game but more worryingly is that apart from the first 20 minutes, couldnt get up for the game. The reaction to their goal (or rather the lack of) summed us up. One dimentional, largely negative, players out of position and still needing a RB!

I was (and still am) very angry about yesterday but perhaps more so because now, like you, I am starting to feel what is the point?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 18:20 - Oct 23 with 7106 viewstractorboy1978

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 18:12 - Oct 23 by 3_5_2

I think there are a lot like you Maccy, there just seems no end to it

There are some who say yesterday was "just one game" well to me that is totally missing the point. It is one in game but in a series which we are slowly but surely going backwards. We have the odd flurry here and there but we can't now sell out a Derby game but more worryingly is that apart from the first 20 minutes, couldnt get up for the game. The reaction to their goal (or rather the lack of) summed us up. One dimentional, largely negative, players out of position and still needing a RB!

I was (and still am) very angry about yesterday but perhaps more so because now, like you, I am starting to feel what is the point?

The reaction to the goal summed the club up on and off the pitch - a real air of resignation from the players and fans alike.
I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 18:29 - Oct 23 with 7062 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 18:12 - Oct 23 by Benters

I must admit i was very surprised to see dear old PR so full.

First half was v.good and i really got the bug to want to come again a bit more,then in the second half it went a bit tits.

It's bonkers how good we can be at times and then follow it up with such b0llocks Benters

Sunderland at home we were brilliant. 4 days later against Bristol we were so flat.

Second half Barnsley was so good. That first half was a shambles.

Yesterday that first half was pretty good on the whole. That second half was just awful. We never ever looked like scoring after they scored.

I have to say, for the first time ever after the game yesterday, I genuinely thought (and am still thinking) about cutting out some planned away games this season. Games like Hull in 5 weeks time I had planned to do. But what is the point? We are destined for mid table even at this early stage of the season. I could save that £70 and hold onto it for my Cheltenham trip in march.

It's all abit sad atm. I'm quite down about town and if I hadn't already forked out for Burton next week and going with other people already, I would've given Saturday a swerve.

Sad times buh

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 18:59 - Oct 23 with 6963 viewsBenters

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 18:29 - Oct 23 by The_Romford_Blue

It's bonkers how good we can be at times and then follow it up with such b0llocks Benters

Sunderland at home we were brilliant. 4 days later against Bristol we were so flat.

Second half Barnsley was so good. That first half was a shambles.

Yesterday that first half was pretty good on the whole. That second half was just awful. We never ever looked like scoring after they scored.

I have to say, for the first time ever after the game yesterday, I genuinely thought (and am still thinking) about cutting out some planned away games this season. Games like Hull in 5 weeks time I had planned to do. But what is the point? We are destined for mid table even at this early stage of the season. I could save that £70 and hold onto it for my Cheltenham trip in march.

It's all abit sad atm. I'm quite down about town and if I hadn't already forked out for Burton next week and going with other people already, I would've given Saturday a swerve.

Sad times buh

Sad times indeed

Gentlybentley

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 19:05 - Oct 23 with 6945 viewsmediamatt

Chap, I didn’t renew after 32 years and have to say I’ve not missed it one bit.
I went to The Bolton game via a freebie and came away knowing I’d made the right decision despite a 2-0 win.
Missed my first home derby yesterday, felt nothing.
These things sadden me but that’s my lot under Evans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024