Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday 08:52 - Oct 23 with 9914 viewsmaccyd9

Not out of petulance, but I just felt nothing. I wasn't upset or angry, I just felt like what happened was normal.

It was like any other game. Great pre match, then nothing. The game spoilt what was a quality day with mates.

I've been toying with the idea for a long time but kept telling myself that this season will be different, but 7 defeats in 9 and Mick telling us "we will get what we can" from Burton, Cardiff and Preston says nothing is going to change.

When Evans wants to have a proper go and back a manager I'll be back. Or even when we have a manager that takes a chance (how Celina didn't start yesterday is baffling).

The club is stale, the fans are stale and we are drifting into nothingness.

And worryingly it could get worse. Pre xmas we are away in 7 out of our 10 games and have to go to Burton, Cardiff, Hull, Villa, Derby, Middlesbrough and Wolves.

Either way, I'm taking a break from it and will be back the moment I see a club that wants to have a proper go.
I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 19:56 - Oct 23 with 1071 viewsjas0999

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 19:05 - Oct 23 by mediamatt

Chap, I didn’t renew after 32 years and have to say I’ve not missed it one bit.
I went to The Bolton game via a freebie and came away knowing I’d made the right decision despite a 2-0 win.
Missed my first home derby yesterday, felt nothing.
These things sadden me but that’s my lot under Evans.

But do the club care? No. That’s the problem.
I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 19:57 - Oct 23 with 1066 viewsDeano69

You know what also bothers me is that we are actually punching above our weight. Quite honestly we have the budget of a semi ambitious League One club but seemed destined for lower-mid table in the Championship yet again.

I am beginning to think that Evans sticks with MM as there is a minimal chance of relegation yet chancing another manager in this sort of budget could see us drop, which would ruin us in my opinion. And certainly devalue the club.

With the 'let's not lose' mindset (even at home)we seem to have got ourselves into I can't see us doing anything other than going through the motions. If there is ambition to become a Premier League club then match that with a plan and budget that makes it feasible. If that's not the ambition then let the fans know so we can make an informed choice on just how much time, money and emotional turmoil we are prepared to invest.

I will always have and always will be an Ipswich supporter, but it is becoming exceedingly difficult to keep the faith when it feels like we are constantly kicked in the genitals. I also completely understand why even long standing and die-hard fans have stopped attending, the fickle glory hunters I can happily live without, but the longevity of the great club will be hugely damaged if ardent fans are basically driven away.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 20:26 - Oct 23 with 1022 viewsmediamatt

I cancelled my ST after the game yesterday on 19:56 - Oct 23 by jas0999

But do the club care? No. That’s the problem.

Given the evidence of the four sentence response to my email at the end of last season, I think you may be right.
Brilliantly, this response was addressed Dear Customer Number, just to rub salt into the wound!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024