Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now is the time... 09:00 - Oct 23 with 7206 viewsportmanking

We have endured eight soulless years of rudderless leadership at the Portman Road helm and there is zero per cent chance of things getting any better. We've let a faceless businessman with zero morals and ethics (if his business dealings are to be believed) rip the heart out of this club.

For crying out loud, NOW is the time to demand answers from Evans and for him to step aside and sell up. Mick is a huge problem, he's old hat but Evans has quite literally let us decay and we all seem too scared/grateful to hound him out. This is our club, not his, or Mick's and if we don't take action and stand up for our club now, we can kiss goodbye even to Championship football let alone top flight football.

We need an anti-Evans demonstration and fast. We've been far too patient and placid about our reclusive leader for too long.
Now is the time... on 09:10 - Oct 23 with 6078 viewsartsbossbeard

What are we to demonstrate about though? His continual financial commitment to the club? Him not putting the club up for sale?

He owns the club and it's his money and his decision as to how much he puts in. We'll always say that he needs to put more in but, like it or not, it's his call. I also have it on good authority that he was open to offers around 18 months ago, but alas, no takers.

Unless some Russian Oligarch who has become bored of stroking his pet tigers& paying off Officials wants to get involved, we are where we are. A perfect example of a Mid Table Championship with the occasional "awakening" seasons.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Now is the time... on 09:15 - Oct 23 with 6061 viewsBasuco

Maybe if we as fans offered ME more commitment in attending games in much larger numbers, he in turn would up the investment in the team, just a thought.
Now is the time... on 09:17 - Oct 23 with 6041 viewsportmanking

Now is the time... on 09:10 - Oct 23 by artsbossbeard

What are we to demonstrate about though? His continual financial commitment to the club? Him not putting the club up for sale?

He owns the club and it's his money and his decision as to how much he puts in. We'll always say that he needs to put more in but, like it or not, it's his call. I also have it on good authority that he was open to offers around 18 months ago, but alas, no takers.

Unless some Russian Oligarch who has become bored of stroking his pet tigers& paying off Officials wants to get involved, we are where we are. A perfect example of a Mid Table Championship with the occasional "awakening" seasons.

There is plenty to demonstrate about...

His clear lack of ambition (evident since Jan 2015)...

The fact he doesn't show his face and try to build rapport with supporters (is there another club in English football with such a reclusive owner? Come back Sheepy all is forgiven)

Yes, it's his call to put in more money but if he can't afford it, step aside like Mike Ashley is doing.

Ultimately, we know f*ck all about how OUR club is being run. The cobbled together five-point plan was probably a Powerpoint project given to Ian Milne to try and appease the supporters 12 months ago.

It's all a load of bullsh*t.
Now is the time... on 09:18 - Oct 23 with 6036 viewsITFCBlues

Who the hell would buy us and plough a load of money into us when there are numerous other sides to choose from? His financial commitment isn't the problem, it's his backing of Mick which has gone on for too long now

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Now is the time... on 09:21 - Oct 23 with 6027 viewsartsbossbeard

Now is the time... on 09:17 - Oct 23 by portmanking

There is plenty to demonstrate about...

His clear lack of ambition (evident since Jan 2015)...

The fact he doesn't show his face and try to build rapport with supporters (is there another club in English football with such a reclusive owner? Come back Sheepy all is forgiven)

Yes, it's his call to put in more money but if he can't afford it, step aside like Mike Ashley is doing.

Ultimately, we know f*ck all about how OUR club is being run. The cobbled together five-point plan was probably a Powerpoint project given to Ian Milne to try and appease the supporters 12 months ago.

It's all a load of bullsh*t.

Forgiving Sheepy for one trip to Administration and then the verge of another trip, which would have resulted in a 10 point deduction this time, isn't something I can forgive Sheepy for.

Stepping aside without a buyer isn't the answer either, of course.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Now is the time... on 09:22 - Oct 23 with 6013 viewsportmanking

Now is the time... on 09:15 - Oct 23 by Basuco

Maybe if we as fans offered ME more commitment in attending games in much larger numbers, he in turn would up the investment in the team, just a thought.

Oh come off it, our supporters have been exceptionally loyal to the club. In fact, it's taken 15 years for our fanbase to drop to pre-2001 Premier League levels which is quite remarkable given the lack of entertainment on the pitch - especially since 2009.

Why do people still defend him? He's wasted millions on poor appointments, priced out supporters at a time when he should be bending over backwards to entice them back and ruined the club's community spirit. This club can be great again, but never under the leadership of Evans.
Now is the time... on 09:24 - Oct 23 with 6003 viewshype313

It's a two way street isn't it, why would fans bother dipping their hands in their pockets if he doesn't? Yes you can argue he keeps us afloat, but that's his problem, he bought the club and knew what he was getting into.

If he wants the fans back then it needs to be reciprocal.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Now is the time... on 09:24 - Oct 23 with 5996 viewsartsbossbeard

Now is the time... on 09:22 - Oct 23 by portmanking

Oh come off it, our supporters have been exceptionally loyal to the club. In fact, it's taken 15 years for our fanbase to drop to pre-2001 Premier League levels which is quite remarkable given the lack of entertainment on the pitch - especially since 2009.

Why do people still defend him? He's wasted millions on poor appointments, priced out supporters at a time when he should be bending over backwards to entice them back and ruined the club's community spirit. This club can be great again, but never under the leadership of Evans.

The club has actually done a great deal to raise it presence in the local community of late. I'd say that this has been an area that has seen vast improvement.

Login to get fewer ads

Now is the time... on 09:25 - Oct 23 with 5991 viewsportmanking

Now is the time... on 09:21 - Oct 23 by artsbossbeard

Forgiving Sheepy for one trip to Administration and then the verge of another trip, which would have resulted in a 10 point deduction this time, isn't something I can forgive Sheepy for.

Stepping aside without a buyer isn't the answer either, of course.

I may be the only one, but give me Sheepshanks who bled blue and kicked every ball with the supporters over a faceless, immoral ticket tout.
Now is the time... on 09:28 - Oct 23 with 5973 viewsportmanking

Now is the time... on 09:24 - Oct 23 by artsbossbeard

The club has actually done a great deal to raise it presence in the local community of late. I'd say that this has been an area that has seen vast improvement.

Do you really believe that? Bar the 'Community Champion' initiative - which doesn't cost a penny - and a few measly hundred free tickets to school kids, what else has changed?
Now is the time... on 09:34 - Oct 23 with 5935 viewsartsbossbeard

Now is the time... on 09:28 - Oct 23 by portmanking

Do you really believe that? Bar the 'Community Champion' initiative - which doesn't cost a penny - and a few measly hundred free tickets to school kids, what else has changed?

The commitment to EACH on the back of the shirts, looking after and supporting the two lads from Newmarket and the club bending over backwards to do all that they could for young Oliver are decent examples.

FYI, I do mean bending over backwards when it comes to Oliver.

Now is the time... on 09:36 - Oct 23 with 5920 viewsHarryWright

Now is the time... on 09:10 - Oct 23 by artsbossbeard

How about the fact we have fallen way behind Norwich when before we've always been a much bigger and better club than them?

Or the fact we have no chance of promotion due to his poor decisions and lack of investment?

Or the fact the club is now soulless with no passion from the staff at all and fans staying away in there thousands?

We've had one good season since Evans joined this football club.... coincidence? This club is going backwards fast, and it's largely down to Evans - Even if we change the manager there's a good chance he won't be able to manage with the limitations here.
Now is the time... on 09:38 - Oct 23 with 5893 viewsportmanking

Now is the time... on 09:34 - Oct 23 by artsbossbeard

The commitment to EACH on the back of the shirts, looking after and supporting the two lads from Newmarket and the club bending over backwards to do all that they could for young Oliver are decent examples.

FYI, I do mean bending over backwards when it comes to Oliver.

The EACH sponsorship on the back of the shirts hasn't cost a penny either - we've never had a sponsor on the back of our shirt before.

Very commendable support for Oliver, but I would hope any organisation in the same boat would do the same?

I just can't help but feel a large part of the club died when Evans took over and the Roy Keane machine rolled into Suffolk.
Now is the time... on 09:39 - Oct 23 with 5886 viewsartsbossbeard

Now is the time... on 09:36 - Oct 23 by HarryWright

How about the fact we have fallen way behind Norwich when before we've always been a much bigger and better club than them?

Or the fact we have no chance of promotion due to his poor decisions and lack of investment?

Or the fact the club is now soulless with no passion from the staff at all and fans staying away in there thousands?

We've had one good season since Evans joined this football club.... coincidence? This club is going backwards fast, and it's largely down to Evans - Even if we change the manager there's a good chance he won't be able to manage with the limitations here.

"Unless some Russian Oligarch who has become bored of stroking his pet tigers& paying off Officials wants to get involved, we are where we are. A perfect example of a Mid Table Championship with the occasional "awakening" seasons."

You do understand that we are more or less in agreement here?

Now is the time... on 09:41 - Oct 23 with 5881 viewsRegencyBlue

I had to read this twice because I didn't believe what I was seeing!

Town fans have been extremely patient throughout the ten years of this mans inept ownership. He can count himself lucky there are still 14000 or so prepared to pay his over inflated prices for the dross on offer most of the time.
Now is the time... on 09:41 - Oct 23 with 5857 viewsartsbossbeard

Now is the time... on 09:38 - Oct 23 by portmanking

The EACH sponsorship on the back of the shirts hasn't cost a penny either - we've never had a sponsor on the back of our shirt before.

Very commendable support for Oliver, but I would hope any organisation in the same boat would do the same?

I just can't help but feel a large part of the club died when Evans took over and the Roy Keane machine rolled into Suffolk.

What's money go to do with the support of EACH?

Now is the time... on 09:45 - Oct 23 with 5826 viewsHarryWright

Now is the time... on 09:39 - Oct 23 by artsbossbeard

"Unless some Russian Oligarch who has become bored of stroking his pet tigers& paying off Officials wants to get involved, we are where we are. A perfect example of a Mid Table Championship with the occasional "awakening" seasons."

You do understand that we are more or less in agreement here?

I agree in part, but wrong decisions have been made and continue to be made at the top. I also think Evans could back Mccarthy more as he did with previous managers. They don't fill me with confidence because they can't even get the easy decisions right like ticket prices last season.
Now is the time... on 09:45 - Oct 23 with 5822 viewsportmanking

Now is the time... on 09:41 - Oct 23 by RegencyBlue

I had to read this twice because I didn't believe what I was seeing!

Town fans have been extremely patient throughout the ten years of this mans inept ownership. He can count himself lucky there are still 14000 or so prepared to pay his over inflated prices for the dross on offer most of the time.

You and me both!

How can someone have the gall to suggest we've not shown the man enough loyalty? Perhaps he could do us the courtesy of meeting us and having a frank and open Q&A with supporters rather than a few meaningless lines of prose every season in a matchday programme.
Now is the time... on 09:48 - Oct 23 with 5781 viewsartsbossbeard

Now is the time... on 09:25 - Oct 23 by portmanking

I may be the only one, but give me Sheepshanks who bled blue and kicked every ball with the supporters over a faceless, immoral ticket tout.

Get him a calculator that works and things might well turn out ok.

Now is the time... on 09:52 - Oct 23 with 5778 viewsitfcjoe

Whether you think it is enough or not, Evans is sticking the best part of £500k into the club every month to pay the bills.

Who else is going to do that, plus the more that is required?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Now is the time... on 09:52 - Oct 23 with 5765 viewsportmanking

Now is the time... on 09:48 - Oct 23 by artsbossbeard

Get him a calculator that works and things might well turn out ok.

You and I both know that the collapse of ITV Digital could not have been foreseen. Sheepshanks was a remarkable ambassador for our club, showed immense pride in everything we did as a club and was one of us.

We've gone from being a blueprint for all others to follow to a shining example of a club in decline and there's only one man the buck stops with for that.
Now is the time... on 09:56 - Oct 23 with 5747 viewsportmanking

Now is the time... on 09:52 - Oct 23 by itfcjoe

Whether you think it is enough or not, Evans is sticking the best part of £500k into the club every month to pay the bills.

Someone with ambition? Someone who sees the opportunity to make a fortune if he can turn the club around?

£500k a month is nothing to Marcus Evans; but what's worse is committing money to the running of the club but not enough to enable it to compete and prosper - who on earth does that benefit? No-one.
Now is the time... on 11:26 - Oct 23 with 5558 viewssouthnorfolkblue

After the worst season in living memory, reducing ST prices would have seemed a sensible plan to most. So our leader decides to increase them. He has reaped what he has sown.

Poll: Our final position

Now is the time... on 19:34 - Oct 23 with 5386 viewsRegencyBlue

Now is the time... on 09:52 - Oct 23 by itfcjoe

But what is his end game?

Following his current plan isn't going to get us anywhere near promotion, so he's prepared to just keep putting in £500k a month for ever more for us to continue the decline he is overseeing? That makes no sense, especially as it will cost him more and more if our fan base continues to fade away as it has in recent years.
Now is the time... on 21:01 - Oct 23 with 5302 viewsgerard1947

Now is the time... on 09:22 - Oct 23 by portmanking

Question, would you rather ME walks before a new owner is in place or stays with no extra investment forthcoming? I ask because I really can't see a rich enough investor anywhere on the horizon wanting to take Ipswich on. There are lots of more attractive clubs out there for anyone looking.

I find it as frustrating as the next but maintaining our league position would be a lot harder without ME's 5 or £6m pa.

The Premier League and TV money have ruined the people's game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024