Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now is the time... 09:00 - Oct 23 with 7200 viewsportmanking

We have endured eight soulless years of rudderless leadership at the Portman Road helm and there is zero per cent chance of things getting any better. We've let a faceless businessman with zero morals and ethics (if his business dealings are to be believed) rip the heart out of this club.

For crying out loud, NOW is the time to demand answers from Evans and for him to step aside and sell up. Mick is a huge problem, he's old hat but Evans has quite literally let us decay and we all seem too scared/grateful to hound him out. This is our club, not his, or Mick's and if we don't take action and stand up for our club now, we can kiss goodbye even to Championship football let alone top flight football.

We need an anti-Evans demonstration and fast. We've been far too patient and placid about our reclusive leader for too long.
Now is the time... on 21:22 - Oct 23 with 1091 viewsbrogansnose

Now is the time... on 09:52 - Oct 23 by itfcjoe

Whether you think it is enough or not, Evans is sticking the best part of £500k into the club every month to pay the bills.

Who else is going to do that, plus the more that is required?

Thats fine joe, but where does it leave us as a club ?He can't keep doing doing this indefinetly with no prospect of re-couping his money and carrying on with the prospect of further losses , possibly made worse with a relegation in the future.

We can't just doddle along like this.
Now is the time... on 21:31 - Oct 23 with 1067 viewsBrightonEye

Now is the time... on 21:01 - Oct 23 by gerard1947

Question, would you rather ME walks before a new owner is in place or stays with no extra investment forthcoming? I ask because I really can't see a rich enough investor anywhere on the horizon wanting to take Ipswich on. There are lots of more attractive clubs out there for anyone looking.

I find it as frustrating as the next but maintaining our league position would be a lot harder without ME's 5 or £6m pa.

The Premier League and TV money have ruined the people's game.

With very good friends of mine being Town fans, I have total sympathy with your current situation — especially given our own painful experience of appalling ownership not so long ago.

However little money a club has, it costs absolutely nothing for the owners to maintain regular, direct, honest and open communication with the fans. Surely, Marcus Evans — whose empire apparently derives its profits from the events and marketing communications business — is making the most fundamental of PR mistakes in deliberately avoiding, neglecting, and indeed alienating, his most loyal customers.

At Brighton, rebuilding supporter communications was the key to getting the fans back onside. The new chairmen, firstly Dick Knight and later Tony Bloom, welcomed regular media interviews and fans' forums, where they were happy to be questioned directly on all aspects of club policy and strategy. As a result, supporters' confidence grew and numbers steadily increased, to what we see today. This is not unique: other clubs follow a similar approach, with similar benefits to all parties.

Any incoming football club owner automatically becomes the steward of a much loved community resource, there for the benefit and enjoyment of all. The failure to recognise this, and to respond appropriately, is at best baffling, and at worst insulting. It deserves to be challeneged, rejected and ultimately overthrown.

Good luck to Town fans in getting your club back. You deserve so much better than the faceless and cowardly Marcus Evans.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 21:35]
Now is the time... on 22:14 - Oct 23 with 998 viewsportmanking

Now is the time... on 21:31 - Oct 23 by BrightonEye

With very good friends of mine being Town fans, I have total sympathy with your current situation — especially given our own painful experience of appalling ownership not so long ago.

However little money a club has, it costs absolutely nothing for the owners to maintain regular, direct, honest and open communication with the fans. Surely, Marcus Evans — whose empire apparently derives its profits from the events and marketing communications business — is making the most fundamental of PR mistakes in deliberately avoiding, neglecting, and indeed alienating, his most loyal customers.

At Brighton, rebuilding supporter communications was the key to getting the fans back onside. The new chairmen, firstly Dick Knight and later Tony Bloom, welcomed regular media interviews and fans' forums, where they were happy to be questioned directly on all aspects of club policy and strategy. As a result, supporters' confidence grew and numbers steadily increased, to what we see today. This is not unique: other clubs follow a similar approach, with similar benefits to all parties.

Any incoming football club owner automatically becomes the steward of a much loved community resource, there for the benefit and enjoyment of all. The failure to recognise this, and to respond appropriately, is at best baffling, and at worst insulting. It deserves to be challeneged, rejected and ultimately overthrown.

Good luck to Town fans in getting your club back. You deserve so much better than the faceless and cowardly Marcus Evans.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 21:35]

Your second and fourth paragraphs hit the nail well and truly on the head, my good man.
Now is the time... on 22:20 - Oct 23 with 990 viewsportmanking

Now is the time... on 21:01 - Oct 23 by gerard1947

Question, would you rather ME walks before a new owner is in place or stays with no extra investment forthcoming? I ask because I really can't see a rich enough investor anywhere on the horizon wanting to take Ipswich on. There are lots of more attractive clubs out there for anyone looking.

I find it as frustrating as the next but maintaining our league position would be a lot harder without ME's 5 or £6m pa.

The Premier League and TV money have ruined the people's game.

Well, of course we'd need a new owner. I don't think anyone would want ME to hang around and not spend a penny, risking administration in the process. I'm still a firm believer that Town are a very good investment opportunity - given that we're a one club county and our history - it's just a case of ME getting a deal done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024