Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day 12:19 - Oct 23 with 4882 viewsSWGF

Flight of the Conchords are touring the UK next year.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 12:20 - Oct 23 with 4870 viewsm14_blue

Flight of the no chords...
on 12:23 - Oct 23 with 4861 views_

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 12:44 - Oct 23 with 4833 viewsDubtractor

First season was one of my favourite comedies ever.

Second was ok.

Hopefully they have had some time to work on good material.

You're so beautiful, you could be a part time model.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 12:45 - Oct 23 with 4830 viewsSWGF

on 12:23 - Oct 23 by _

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 12:46 - Oct 23 with 4832 viewsReuser_is_God

Gemma Collins falling off the stage at some awards night was the only thing I smiled about yesterday after 1pm.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 12:48 - Oct 23 with 4822 views_

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 12:46 - Oct 23 by Reuser_is_God

Gemma Collins falling off the stage at some awards night was the only thing I smiled about yesterday after 1pm.

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 15:04 - Oct 23 with 4760 viewsMullet

Is it a reformation or did they never go away? National heroes in NZ when I was out there, weird how the manager seemed to make it bigger than either fella too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 15:35 - Oct 23 with 4741 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

The fourth-most-popular folk duo in New Zealand
Login to get fewer ads

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 16:04 - Oct 23 with 4722 viewsSWGF

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 15:04 - Oct 23 by Mullet

Is it a reformation or did they never go away? National heroes in NZ when I was out there, weird how the manager seemed to make it bigger than either fella too.

Surely the other two (one Oscar winner and one who stars in the Hollywood movies) have made it bigger than the chap who was on tour at the Ipswich Regent a couple of years ago?

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 16:05 - Oct 23 with 4717 viewsMullet

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 16:04 - Oct 23 by SWGF

Surely the other two (one Oscar winner and one who stars in the Hollywood movies) have made it bigger than the chap who was on tour at the Ipswich Regent a couple of years ago?

True, I meant he seems to pop up in everything whereas I can't remember the last thing I saw either in.

Consider myself admonished for my wordjumble.

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 16:07 - Oct 23 with 4712 viewsDubtractor

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 16:04 - Oct 23 by SWGF

Was going to say the same. They are both way bigger than Murray.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 17:11 - Oct 23 with 4678 viewsRyorry

Now if you'd made that a *real* flight of the *real* Concorde, that would have imparted multiple mega-beams of sunshine into our lives!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 10:57 - Oct 27 with 4531 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Anybody have any success in getting tickets?

I sat at my laptop on the event page waiting until 10. then when it refreshed at 10:00am it said "Sorry, no tickets from venue currently..." and to try getmein for resellers tickets.

Absolute joke and apparently it has happened across pretty much all of the venues.
A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:22 - Oct 27 with 4518 viewsDubtractor

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 10:57 - Oct 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I sat at my laptop on the event page waiting until 10. then when it refreshed at 10:00am it said "Sorry, no tickets from venue currently..." and to try getmein for resellers tickets.

Absolute joke and apparently it has happened across pretty much all of the venues.

Once I realised it was about £75 a pop I lost interest to be honest.

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:25 - Oct 27 with 4514 viewsMullet

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:22 - Oct 27 by Dubtractor

Jesus! I just had an email about Moz, but he's not playing Manc, closest is Leeds on the same day we're away to PNE. They also left out the price, which makes me think he'll be tipping similar money.

Was tempted by ATD-I too next year but they're asking for £45 and it's not even the proper line up.

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:27 - Oct 27 with 4512 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:22 - Oct 27 by Dubtractor

Got some in the end.. cost me £40

The venue website, which was sold out at 10:10 suddenly had a handful of tickets for sale again at 11:15 so bought them through them whilst I could.

I am a fan, but would not be willing to pay much more than £40 to see them.. The cost of seeing anything in an 'Arena' nowadays is astronomical.. particularly comedians who still charge £60+ a ticket
[Post edited 27 Oct 2017 11:43]
A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:31 - Oct 27 with 4504 viewsDubtractor

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:25 - Oct 27 by Mullet

Jesus! I just had an email about Moz, but he's not playing Manc, closest is Leeds on the same day we're away to PNE. They also left out the price, which makes me think he'll be tipping similar money.

Was tempted by ATD-I too next year but they're asking for £45 and it's not even the proper line up.

It is silly money really.

I saw Jane Weaver last night, in London in a decent sized sold out venue, for £15 quid. Most gigs I go to are £20 or less and most are pretty well established acts.

Anything asking for £40 plus is a bit cheeky really, unless the live show is something incredible.

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:32 - Oct 27 with 4500 viewsbluelou

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 10:57 - Oct 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I got 6 through the Eventim Apollo presale on Weds, it was a lot easier than the O2 presale I hear...£69 a pop though!

They only had circle seating which was annoying but still miles better than the O2.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:36 - Oct 27 with 4495 viewsbluelou

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:31 - Oct 27 by Dubtractor

I saw Jane Weaver last night, in London in a decent sized sold out venue, for £15 quid. Most gigs I go to are £20 or less and most are pretty well established acts.

Anything asking for £40 plus is a bit cheeky really, unless the live show is something incredible.

how was it? She's ace.

I think we're lucky to be able to see great music in cool venues as well as being able to see the bigger acts easily, albeit in not so cool venues.

Kendrick Lamar and James Blake at the O2 next year for instance, not idea but wouldnt miss it for the world. That Victoria Park festival looks good too...

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:36 - Oct 27 with 4495 viewsMullet

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:31 - Oct 27 by Dubtractor

I remember seeing Weezer over a decade ago and feeling £25 was a rip-off, but they did do Only in dreams and in anther part of the gig Rivers crowdsurfed back on stage for the encore after starting it on top of a beer kiosk in the venue, so I felt less aggrieved.

Moz is one of those acts though where I'd probably not worry about money. Paid £70 I think it was for Radiohead, and that was a great gig, but felt way too much. My mate did not listen to my "not if it's over £40" when booking too which was annoying as they did that thing of putting your name on the ticket so you couldn't scalp it.

Seems though we'll soon be at the £100 mark as the norm for arena shows.

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:40 - Oct 27 with 4489 viewsbluelou

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:36 - Oct 27 by Mullet

I remember seeing Weezer over a decade ago and feeling £25 was a rip-off, but they did do Only in dreams and in anther part of the gig Rivers crowdsurfed back on stage for the encore after starting it on top of a beer kiosk in the venue, so I felt less aggrieved.

Moz is one of those acts though where I'd probably not worry about money. Paid £70 I think it was for Radiohead, and that was a great gig, but felt way too much. My mate did not listen to my "not if it's over £40" when booking too which was annoying as they did that thing of putting your name on the ticket so you couldn't scalp it.

Seems though we'll soon be at the £100 mark as the norm for arena shows.

Id pay £100 to see Bill Withers. all about availability isnt it?

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:47 - Oct 27 with 4474 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:40 - Oct 27 by bluelou

Id pay £100 to see Bill Withers. all about availability isnt it?

My folks paid that to see Fleetwood Mac a couple of years ago

I suppose it's what you deem as 'value for money' and if the likes of Oasis were to reform for a one off gig, I'm sure many of us would be tempted if we thought it'd be the last opportunity we'd ever get.

But when I paid over £50 per ticket to see Russell Howard* at Sheffield Arena a few years ago, I was incensed at how ridiculous that was... *(bought as a present for my other half)
A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 12:12 - Oct 27 with 4449 viewsDubtractor

A ray of sunshine on a gloomy day on 11:36 - Oct 27 by bluelou

how was it? She's ace.

I think we're lucky to be able to see great music in cool venues as well as being able to see the bigger acts easily, albeit in not so cool venues.

Kendrick Lamar and James Blake at the O2 next year for instance, not idea but wouldnt miss it for the world. That Victoria Park festival looks good too...

She was amazing, one of my favourite acts of the last few years.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024