Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12:29 - Oct 23 with 30686 views_

on 17:02 - Oct 23 with 4640 views_

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 16:30 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

Probably worth stating, just in case his lawyers are reading this, that he wasn't jailed, he got a 12-month suspended sentence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5412612.stm

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 17:04 - Oct 23 with 4630 viewsIpswichIrish

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 16:59 - Oct 23 by Edmunds5

I'd like to throw Gary Bowyers name in there, did well at Blackburn who have gone backwards since he left and took Blackpool up when they were in turmoil, and has been on the cusp of the play-offs this season in League one.

Evertonians won't have Bowyer
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 17:06 - Oct 23 with 4628 viewsLesta_Tractor

I'd like to see a change in manager and playing style but there's no chance we'll get promoted without spending a bucketload of cash.

Take Newcastle out of it because they were an exceptional case and all of the promoted clubs from the last three season spent at least £5million on fees alone, and that's not including what were likely to be very expensive loans (e.g. Mooy @ Huddersfield).

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 17:31 - Oct 23 with 4591 viewsPhilTWTD

on 17:02 - Oct 23 by _

I'm no fan either, to be honest.
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 17:50 - Oct 23 with 4568 viewsIpswichIrish

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 17:06 - Oct 23 by Lesta_Tractor

I'd like to see a change in manager and playing style but there's no chance we'll get promoted without spending a bucketload of cash.

Take Newcastle out of it because they were an exceptional case and all of the promoted clubs from the last three season spent at least £5million on fees alone, and that's not including what were likely to be very expensive loans (e.g. Mooy @ Huddersfield).

Newcastle paid £10.8m for Ritchie, £10.8m for Gayle, £5.9m for Hanley, £5.4m for Clark, £5.31m for Yedlin, £4.86m for Diame, £3.15m for Murphy, £16.65m for Mitrovic, £14.4m for Shelvey, £10.8m for Mbemba to name a few of their promotion winning squad
on 08:20 - Oct 24 with 4477 views_

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 08:38 - Oct 24 with 4466 viewsWeWereZombies

on 08:20 - Oct 24 by _

Or you could leave it for a few months because new manager suggestions are like tumbleweed until Mick's contract is up, there might be a lot of tumbleweed but that just means it is windy today.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

on 08:49 - Oct 24 with 4456 views_

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 08:38 - Oct 24 by WeWereZombies

Or you could leave it for a few months because new manager suggestions are like tumbleweed until Mick's contract is up, there might be a lot of tumbleweed but that just means it is windy today.

Login to get fewer ads

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 09:10 - Oct 24 with 4433 viewsm14_blue

Paul Hurst is working absolute wonders at Shrewsbury, just a division below us, and also did really well at Grimsby.

Young, up and coming English manager with a point to prove.
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:36 - Oct 24 with 4385 viewseMeM

Marcus Evans shortlist:

Mick McCarthy forever
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 09:03 - Nov 3 with 4284 viewssoupytwist

Interesting article about Potter and twitter thread about the broader context at Ostersunds here

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 09:23 - Nov 3 with 4253 viewsmonty_radio

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 09:03 - Nov 3 by soupytwist

Interesting article about Potter and twitter thread about the broader context at Ostersunds here

Not quite Suffolk, somehow - but still....

POTTER REMEMBERS:

“The club had reached a bit of a bottom and the only way was up. ..... It meant we were afforded freedoms to do things the way we wanted. On the flip side, the club was in a really bad situation in terms of the negativity around the town. It doesn’t matter where you are, if the football club starts to lose trust from the supporters, you have to invest a lot to time and work really hard to get it back.”

Amongst .... unusual initiatives to form a harmony between the townspeople and its football team was a special production of Swan Lake by Östersunds’ players — as well as an exhibition of their own artwork. It has been results on the pitch that has reignited interest the most, though. Potter achieved back-to-back promotions in his first two years. Östersunds are in Europe now because they won the Swedish Cup in April. This season, they are on course for the highest league placing in their history. Since 2011, average attendances have increased by more than ten-fold. The story is made more remarkable by the club’s location and (the club) hasn’t simply spent (its) way through the leagues.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:08 - Nov 3 with 4229 viewsitfcjoe

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 09:03 - Nov 3 by soupytwist

A fascinating story, and one you'd hope Evans is aware of - but I wouldn't bet on it.

I would love for us to take a chance on someone like Potter, everything I read about him makes me want ITFC to take that chance even more - sadly I'm probably dreaming.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 10:09 - Nov 3 with 4226 views_

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:08 - Nov 3 by itfcjoe

A fascinating story, and one you'd hope Evans is aware of - but I wouldn't bet on it.

I would love for us to take a chance on someone like Potter, everything I read about him makes me want ITFC to take that chance even more - sadly I'm probably dreaming.

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:13 - Nov 3 with 4223 viewsNo9

I confess to not knowing much about any of the persons you name other than Nigel Pearson & I have to say I would NOT welcome him at PR in any capacity
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:36 - Nov 3 with 4208 viewsclive_baker

GEORGE BURLEY

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

on 10:37 - Nov 3 with 4210 views_

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:36 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

GEORGE BURLEY

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:42 - Nov 3 with 4203 viewsWickets

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 12:39 - Oct 23 by soupytwist

Having recently finished 'Living on the volcano' I think Paul Tisdale comes across well, as do Gareth Ainsworth and Shaun Derry (who has done well at Cambridge) if we're looking to the lower leagues and offering someone the chance to develop their career (which is what we should be doing).

Or someone from Holland or Portugal, who most of us have never heard of.

Cambridge fans are not happy with Shaun Derry, just saying.
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:44 - Nov 3 with 4202 viewsclive_baker

on 10:37 - Nov 3 by _

Neither would I, not joking. Football is an entertainment business and there's always room for sentiment. Genuinely wouldn't be adverse to him coming in on an initial 12 month basis in May and having a whole pre-season with this squad. If nothing else to change the mentality and adopt more of a footballing style before moving 'upstairs'. One thing's for sure and that's that he would be up for it...and cheap.

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:45 - Nov 3 with 4202 viewsNo9

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:36 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

GEORGE BURLEY

As he had to sign a NDA when he left I doubt the legal people would see him as a potential candidate
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:48 - Nov 3 with 4200 viewsclive_baker

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:45 - Nov 3 by No9

As he had to sign a NDA when he left I doubt the legal people would see him as a potential candidate

Interesting given I know for a fact he has applied for the job since Evans has owned the club.

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:50 - Nov 3 with 4192 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:48 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

Interesting given I know for a fact he has applied for the job since Evans has owned the club.

Hi George

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:50 - Nov 3 with 4189 viewssoupytwist

on 10:09 - Nov 3 by _

As has been said elsewhere on the board, it ought to be possible to put together a package that would tempt him here. However, we will need some vision on our part. Do we have that? Who knows.
on 10:50 - Nov 3 with 4189 views_

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:44 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

Neither would I, not joking. Football is an entertainment business and there's always room for sentiment. Genuinely wouldn't be adverse to him coming in on an initial 12 month basis in May and having a whole pre-season with this squad. If nothing else to change the mentality and adopt more of a footballing style before moving 'upstairs'. One thing's for sure and that's that he would be up for it...and cheap.

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:51 - Nov 3 with 4182 viewsNo9

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:48 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

Interesting so was he refused the job because there is an NDA in place?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024