Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? 13:42 - Oct 23 with 10396 viewsTheBlueBarca

I can sense a change in the wind when it comes to the owner here and I think yesterday was the straw that may have broken the camels back in many respects.

Realistically he's not going to sell up is he? So the best any real protest can hope to achieve is force his hand to change the direction. He's easily the least successful Chairman this club as ever had, he's lost a ton of money and all he's doing here is loss management.

So how would we go about effecting real change?

People were conned in the summer with the ticket price decrease (although the way we treated Season Ticket holders was disgraceful) and the summer signings, which now appear to be signed for a lot less than the clubs PR implied at the time. It's clear that there was no genuine change this summer, especially when we didn't even bother t sign a replacement for Berra, or a genuine Championship quality fullback a decision that has cost us greatly.

Boycott a TV match? Show Evans what it's going to be like with a less than half empty stadium if he carries on the way he is there?

Thoughts?

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 13:46 - Oct 23 with 7399 viewsITFC_Forever

No, the same grumblings were there last season.

I think the initial "clean slate" period that many gave ME and MMc at the start of the season has now gone and we're no better, therefore the anti-Mick and anti-ME threads are becoming more common-place again.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 13:49 - Oct 23 with 7382 viewschristiand

It's like we've got Laurel and Hardy in charge and managing our club.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 20:47]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 13:50 - Oct 23 with 7371 viewsTendring_Blue

Sheffield Wednesday would be ripe for a boycott. We really are in a bad way atm, I thank evans for stepping in when he did but it's time to go now.

Everything seems so jaded, the ground needs a lick of paint, we need a price cut for St holders and some fresh leadership and faces.
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:06 - Oct 23 with 7331 viewsHARRY10

I fear that it will not be a case of an organised protest, more a case of fans slipping away through disinterest.

We will be nearer to the bottom than the top come Xmas. The opening games hide the underlying problems and led to a level of euphoria that is only now coming down.I fear that so many have almost given up that the anger needed will not be there.

Yesterday was not really a shock. They came, did enough, and took the three points. No more. Whilst we huffed and puffed but achieved little.

Fans now need to come together to fight for the club, before it is too late. Yesterday should have been the wake up call we need. I wonder if it will be ?
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:08 - Oct 23 with 7317 viewsSuperfrans

The odd thing for me is that yesterday wasn't a drubbing or a terrible performance.

It was most disappointing, for me, because we lost a game which we were perfectly capable of winning. What WOULD be a massive deal was if we lost at Burton next Saturday. I would be much more concerned, objectively speaking, if that came to pass...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:11 - Oct 23 with 7301 viewsSpruceMoose

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:06 - Oct 23 by HARRY10

I fear that it will not be a case of an organised protest, more a case of fans slipping away through disinterest.

We will be nearer to the bottom than the top come Xmas. The opening games hide the underlying problems and led to a level of euphoria that is only now coming down.I fear that so many have almost given up that the anger needed will not be there.

Yesterday was not really a shock. They came, did enough, and took the three points. No more. Whilst we huffed and puffed but achieved little.

Fans now need to come together to fight for the club, before it is too late. Yesterday should have been the wake up call we need. I wonder if it will be ?

Yesterday really wasn't a shock. I can't remember the last time I went into a Town game expecting a win, or to batter someone, or even that we would play some decent football. That includes those League Cup games against lower league opposition.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:11 - Oct 23 with 7300 viewsClausThomsen

What has Marcus Evans been doing so wrong in the last 9 games that he was doing so right for the first 5?
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:14 - Oct 23 with 7283 viewsTheBlueBarca

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:11 - Oct 23 by ClausThomsen

What has Marcus Evans been doing so wrong in the last 9 games that he was doing so right for the first 5?

Still bitter about being wrong ... again... over 1-0 Celina?

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Login to get fewer ads

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:16 - Oct 23 with 7277 viewsIllinoisblue

I think what multiplies and compounds the frustration is that it's possible to love and hate what Evans and McCarthy hav done for us. Mick's saved us and is killing us and the same is true of Evans. Nothing's black and white at Ipswich, nothing's clear. We're just menadering along in a daze.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:17 - Oct 23 with 7257 viewsSpruceMoose

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:16 - Oct 23 by Illinoisblue

I think what multiplies and compounds the frustration is that it's possible to love and hate what Evans and McCarthy hav done for us. Mick's saved us and is killing us and the same is true of Evans. Nothing's black and white at Ipswich, nothing's clear. We're just menadering along in a daze.

In relationship terms this is a marriage which has run out of steam. I haven't got any feelings of animosity, just tiredness and apathy.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:19 - Oct 23 with 7245 viewsClausThomsen

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:14 - Oct 23 by TheBlueBarca

Still bitter about being wrong ... again... over 1-0 Celina?

It was 1-0, I didn't think Mick would be so out-thought 2nd half. And if Celina came on earlier, who knows?

What HAS Evans done so wrong? He's backed the manager in the summer, the manager says he has the "best squad" since he's been here.

Why haven't you blamed the manager at all? Evans isn't responsible for playing strikers on the wings as far as I'm aware.
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:20 - Oct 23 with 7235 viewshype313

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:17 - Oct 23 by SpruceMoose

In relationship terms this is a marriage which has run out of steam. I haven't got any feelings of animosity, just tiredness and apathy.

Not even one for old times sake?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:22 - Oct 23 with 7218 viewsSpruceMoose

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:20 - Oct 23 by hype313

Not even one for old times sake?

This season seems to be one long once more for old times sake.

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:25 - Oct 23 with 7211 viewshype313

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:22 - Oct 23 by SpruceMoose

This season seems to be one long once more for old times sake.

And a stark reminder why the relationship fizzled out in the first place.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:27 - Oct 23 with 7194 viewsSpruceMoose

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:25 - Oct 23 by hype313

And a stark reminder why the relationship fizzled out in the first place.

Indeed. We can't even get it up anymore.

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:35 - Oct 23 with 7169 viewsfactual_blue

When you say 'turn on'.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:40 - Oct 23 with 7149 viewsSuperfrans

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:17 - Oct 23 by SpruceMoose

And the fear that divorce could result in a long, slow, grim descent into loneliness and death. ...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:41 - Oct 23 with 7140 viewsSpruceMoose

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:40 - Oct 23 by Superfrans

And the fear that divorce could result in a long, slow, grim descent into loneliness and death. ...

There will be drinking. At least we will have that.

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:42 - Oct 23 with 7143 viewshadleighboyblue

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:19 - Oct 23 by ClausThomsen

It was 1-0, I didn't think Mick would be so out-thought 2nd half. And if Celina came on earlier, who knows?

What HAS Evans done so wrong? He's backed the manager in the summer, the manager says he has the "best squad" since he's been here.

Why haven't you blamed the manager at all? Evans isn't responsible for playing strikers on the wings as far as I'm aware.

MM is out thought by opposition managers too often , he has failed to move with the times .

The 2nd half yesterday was poor and predictable once we went behind it seemed inevitable that we would lose , the players confidence disappeared and so did the crowds .

MM has had his time here , if he was pleased with that 2nd half performance , it's not good enough .

It has to be time for someone with fresh ideas .

As for ME , I just don't get what he is here for - we are seeing the club slip further and further behind others and we don't seem to have any ambition to do better than survive in the bottom half of the table .

If ME is happy with what is going on , you have to ask why ? he is a successful business man and yet he is seeing this part of his empire failing .

The signs are that last season's unrest is returning already , this downward spiral of our great club is continuing
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 15:31 - Oct 23 with 7060 viewsHarryWright

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:08 - Oct 23 by Superfrans

The odd thing for me is that yesterday wasn't a drubbing or a terrible performance.

It was most disappointing, for me, because we lost a game which we were perfectly capable of winning. What WOULD be a massive deal was if we lost at Burton next Saturday. I would be much more concerned, objectively speaking, if that came to pass...

Eyy? dress it up how you want be lost to Norwich yet again yesterday...

Not sure how you can claim losing to burton is anywhere near losing to our closest rivals who continue to take the P!ss every year because we can't beat them.
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 19:40 - Oct 23 with 6888 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Evans “lost” me before yesterday. His decision to increase ST prices made me want him out of our club. Hit him in the pocket is the only language that his type understand I’m afraid.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 19:57 - Oct 23 with 6853 viewsHARRY10

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:42 - Oct 23 by hadleighboyblue

MM is out thought by opposition managers too often , he has failed to move with the times .

The 2nd half yesterday was poor and predictable once we went behind it seemed inevitable that we would lose , the players confidence disappeared and so did the crowds .

MM has had his time here , if he was pleased with that 2nd half performance , it's not good enough .

It has to be time for someone with fresh ideas .

As for ME , I just don't get what he is here for - we are seeing the club slip further and further behind others and we don't seem to have any ambition to do better than survive in the bottom half of the table .

If ME is happy with what is going on , you have to ask why ? he is a successful business man and yet he is seeing this part of his empire failing .

The signs are that last season's unrest is returning already , this downward spiral of our great club is continuing

"MM is out thought by opposition managers too often , he has failed to move with the times "

the latter is a bit of an all too easy to use myth. you do not have needed to have 'moved with the times' to know that Dids is not a wide player or that Waghorn is not suited for right midfield.

Do you have to have 'moved with the times' to know that we have been crying out for a decent RB for years. Or that Skuse is no longer up to it anymore ?

there was nothing about 'having moved on' about the budgies yesterday. They were just quicker to the ball, able to pass better and recognised that our right side, was the weaker point, and so exploited it.

My thought has always been that MM can talk a good game, but cannot deliver. Nor can TC. MM seems solely motivated by keeping us up, so earning a fat bonus. There is little connection with the youth set up, bar dragging them in when the team needs patching up.

He is not so much a dinosaur as a crap manager. One who has signed over 80 players, most of whom a forgettable. They are signed so we can get the last drop out of them then that's it. What the hell was Leon Best all about ... Polish Pete, Connor Grant, Steve Taylor. Where is Callum Connolley or Ward, Rowe, Huwys ?

No, the real problem is we haven't moved MM out of PR.
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 19:58 - Oct 23 with 6844 viewsjas0999

Evans has been a problem for years.
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 20:04 - Oct 23 with 6819 viewsBanburyBlue

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 13:49 - Oct 23 by christiand

It's like we've got Laurel and Hardy in charge and managing our club.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 20:47]

but ME and MM aren't funny

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 20:09 - Oct 23 with 6796 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:19 - Oct 23 by ClausThomsen

'He's backed the manager in the summer'

NO HE HASN'T!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024