Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom 15:57 - Oct 23 with 2566 viewsWeWereZombies

But that might just be alphabetical ordering:

“I know what it feels like to play at Easter Road. Getting on the bus, driving down Princes Street, going down Easter Road and getting abuse from the Hibs fans,” said captain Christophe Berra, who will return to the derby fold after an eight-year hiatus. “It’s something a player should thrive on. It’s the biggest game of the season for us.

“I’ve played in derbies down south, Ipswich versus Norwich, Wolves versus West Brom, and I never had the same feeling I did when I was playing Hibs. I was born and bred here, I know what it means to the fans. Tuesday night, under the lights, live on telly — it doesn’t get any bigger for us.

“You need to be fired up, but you have to be controlled in that aggression as well. You have to be clever, you have to be patient. It’s three points but it’s more than that to the fans — and the players,” added the defender, who lost only three of his past 11 capital derbies. “You don’t want to be walking about the city two or three days afterwards taking stick because you’ve been beaten.”

From: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/craig-levein-keen-to-keep-th

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:06 - Oct 23 with 2522 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

'I’ve played in derbies down south, Ipswich versus Norwich, Wolves versus West Brom, and I never had the same feeling I did when I was playing Hibs. I was born and bred here, I know what it means to the fans. Tuesday night, under the lights, live on telly — it doesn’t get any bigger for us'

Bit of a sore one. He should be pumped ffs. That playoff game should've been the most he's ever been pumped up for a game.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:08 - Oct 23 with 2508 viewsSpruceMoose

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:06 - Oct 23 by The_Romford_Blue

'I’ve played in derbies down south, Ipswich versus Norwich, Wolves versus West Brom, and I never had the same feeling I did when I was playing Hibs. I was born and bred here, I know what it means to the fans. Tuesday night, under the lights, live on telly — it doesn’t get any bigger for us'

Bit of a sore one. He should be pumped ffs. That playoff game should've been the most he's ever been pumped up for a game.

Meh, he's just telling the locals what they want to hear.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:09 - Oct 23 with 2499 viewsSteve_M

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:06 - Oct 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Player in talking up current club/forthcoming match shock.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:12 - Oct 23 with 2488 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:09 - Oct 23 by Steve_M

Player in talking up current club/forthcoming match shock.

No need to bring up that he 'never felt the same' for our derby.

That playoff game was his biggest/most important club match ever presumably.

I think he's a bit of knob for saying that tbh. Though in all frank who really cares. Even if we have Ronaldo and Messi we'd never beat them c*nts up th road. I'm sick of it.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:15 - Oct 23 with 2474 viewsSpruceMoose

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:12 - Oct 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I think he's a bit of knob for saying that tbh. Though in all frank who really cares. Even if we have Ronaldo and Messi we'd never beat them c*nts up th road. I'm sick of it.

It's a job to them. Why would they care about playing for Ipswich more than any other club? Just because ITFC is special to us, to them, its an employer.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:27 - Oct 23 with 2434 viewsRoyKeanesDog

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:12 - Oct 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Don't really see the problem?

If you were a professional footballer- what derby would you be the most pumped playing in?

Ipswich v Norwich

or

Hibs v Hearts?

Poll: Best Football Song

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:38 - Oct 23 with 2407 viewsm14_blue

Am I missing something?

He's obviously saying that this derby is extra special to him because he's born and bred in Edinburgh, not because ours are any less special per se.

Nothing to see here
At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:51 - Oct 23 with 2369 viewsWeWereZombies

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:38 - Oct 23 by m14_blue

Am I missing something?

He's obviously saying that this derby is extra special to him because he's born and bred in Edinburgh, not because ours are any less special per se.

Nothing to see here

I guess what there is to see here is Berra's 'fighting talk' even though he is a seasoned professional and that being home town makes it special for him - did we have anyone playing yesterday who is Ipswich born and bred? I think the nearest is Brentwood born Flynn Downes, all of five years in our youth system...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 17:32 - Oct 23 with 2284 viewsm14_blue

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:51 - Oct 23 by WeWereZombies

I guess what there is to see here is Berra's 'fighting talk' even though he is a seasoned professional and that being home town makes it special for him - did we have anyone playing yesterday who is Ipswich born and bred? I think the nearest is Brentwood born Flynn Downes, all of five years in our youth system...

Very true.

Although Norwich have a team made up almost entirely of foreign mercenaries and it didn't do them any harm...
At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 18:45 - Oct 23 with 2208 viewsHARRY10

At least he puts Ipswich/Nodge before Wolves/West Brom on 16:27 - Oct 23 by RoyKeanesDog

Don't really see the problem?

If you were a professional footballer- what derby would you be the most pumped playing in?

Ipswich v Norwich

or

Hibs v Hearts?

"the most pumped "

He's a footballer, not a ruddy bicycle tyre
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024