Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least I made a few quid..... 15:58 - Oct 23 with 5574 viewsITFC_Forever

Norwich to win was 11/10.

Printed some money...

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:00 - Oct 23 with 5560 viewschicoazul

Mate. You bet against Ipswich?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:01 - Oct 23 with 5554 viewsIpswichIrish

I got crucified for calling Terry Butcher a terrible manager and a boring bast**d and you back against your team? christ on a claude butler
At least I made a few quid..... on 16:02 - Oct 23 with 5541 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It was 7/5 with Bet365 which is a massive difference

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 16:04 - Oct 23 with 5533 views_

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:07 - Oct 23 with 5515 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:00 - Oct 23 by chicoazul

Whilst it isn't something I'd ever do, I can see why he would.

But to post about it on here, almost as if he's bragging about the bet winning ffs, is absolutely stupid if you ask me.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:09 - Oct 23 with 5496 viewsSpruceMoose

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:07 - Oct 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Whilst it isn't something I'd ever do, I can see why he would.

But to post about it on here, almost as if he's bragging about the bet winning ffs, is absolutely stupid if you ask me.

Hope he gets a paper cut taking his five quid winnings out of his wallet.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:16 - Oct 23 with 5473 viewsStokieBlue

on 16:04 - Oct 23 by _

Fair call.

Don't blame him for the emotional hedge though and a rather sensible one seeing what has transpired since.

Unless we are going to argue that the movement of his betting paper caused a chaotic effect which influenced the course of the match.

SB
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 16:18]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:17 - Oct 23 with 5462 viewsITFC_Forever

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:00 - Oct 23 by chicoazul

Do it all the time against Norwich..... the theory being that I'd happy lose a few quid if it meant we don't lose to them. I see it as a small price to pay to not lose.

And if we lose, then I make some money.

What's not to like?

Login to get fewer ads

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:19 - Oct 23 with 5442 viewschicoazul

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:17 - Oct 23 by ITFC_Forever

Do it all the time against Norwich..... the theory being that I'd happy lose a few quid if it meant we don't lose to them. I see it as a small price to pay to not lose.

What's not to like?

I can see your thinking from a logical standpoint but betting against us is not something I can get my head around especially against them.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

At least I made a few quid..... on 16:28 - Oct 23 with 5389 viewsIpswichIrish

What's not to like?

Lowest of the low in my opinion. To bet on our closest rivals beating us is barbaric. The way you're bragging about it as though you've done us all a favour is a joke too
At least I made a few quid..... on 17:04 - Oct 23 with 5310 viewsStenvict

What's not to like?

I'm afraid to say, I was very close to putting £100 on them myself. I'd happily lose £100 if it meant we beat them, or at least avoided defeat. I too thought they were too big a price, although during the first half their odds came in to 5/4 for some reason.

I can see your reasoning behind it. Win/win of some sort.

Poll: What will be announced first?

At least I made a few quid..... on 17:16 - Oct 23 with 5279 viewsSitfcB

Enjoy your £21! 😂

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

At least I made a few quid..... on 17:23 - Oct 23 with 5253 viewsBlueinBrum

Will never understand what people have against this, it's not like the money goes directly to NCFC if you lose!

I didn't do it this time but i have done in the past as a hedge.

In this case, £25 would have returned around £50 profit which would at least meant a free ticket and few pints. If we had actually managed to win, then who would have given a toss about the £25 stake. A draw would have been a bit awkward, but retrospectively i'd have happily paid £25 to feel less miserable about ITFC than i do now.

Once you take superstition out of it, it's actually a pretty good idea. This way of looking at things is probably why i work in insurance......
At least I made a few quid..... on 17:27 - Oct 23 with 5233 viewsITFC_Forever

At least I made a few quid..... on 17:16 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

Enjoy your £21! 😂

£52.50.

Brings my football betting in to a small profit this season.

Started the season by putting £50 in my Will Hill app, now have around £30 in there, having taken 2 x £25 out, so from now on, as long as I keep the balance above zero, I'm playing with profit.

Last year, I put £50 at the start of the season, withdrew £50 around Christmas time and ended up on zero, so I broke even.

The season before that, I started with £50 again, and ended on about £20, having taken over £350 out over the course of the season - paid for most of my ST for the following season.

At least I made a few quid..... on 18:34 - Oct 23 with 5158 viewsStNeotsBlue

At least I made a few quid..... on 17:27 - Oct 23 by ITFC_Forever

£52.50.

Started the season by putting £50 in my Will Hill app, now have around £30 in there, having taken 2 x £25 out, so from now on, as long as I keep the balance above zero, I'm playing with profit.

Last year, I put £50 at the start of the season, withdrew £50 around Christmas time and ended up on zero, so I broke even.

The season before that, I started with £50 again, and ended on about £20, having taken over £350 out over the course of the season - paid for most of my ST for the following season.

Fair enough. I couldn't do it personally, I never back against Ipswich and never back Norwich and to a lesser extent Celtic. Would seem like tainted money.
At least I made a few quid..... on 18:42 - Oct 23 with 5140 viewsHARRY10

What's not to like?

"What's not to like? "

your cliche

or even a draw
At least I made a few quid..... on 19:49 - Oct 23 with 5063 viewsITFC_Forever

At least I made a few quid..... on 18:42 - Oct 23 by HARRY10

"What's not to like? "

your cliche

or even a draw

Yeah, draws are a pain... nearly put a few quid on 0-0, but had every confidence in our ineptness in the end.

At least I made a few quid..... on 23:26 - Oct 23 with 4933 viewsSwn98

why did you take under the odds plenty of 7/5 available
At least I made a few quid..... on 23:47 - Oct 23 with 4901 viewsRyorry

At least I made a few quid..... on 17:23 - Oct 23 by BlueinBrum

Will never understand what people have against this, it's not like the money goes directly to NCFC if you lose!

I didn't do it this time but i have done in the past as a hedge.

In this case, £25 would have returned around £50 profit which would at least meant a free ticket and few pints. If we had actually managed to win, then who would have given a toss about the £25 stake. A draw would have been a bit awkward, but retrospectively i'd have happily paid £25 to feel less miserable about ITFC than i do now.

Once you take superstition out of it, it's actually a pretty good idea. This way of looking at things is probably why i work in insurance......

Can understand why someone could do it quietly behind the scenes, but bragging about it on here is beyond the pale

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

At least I made a few quid..... on 01:11 - Oct 24 with 4849 viewsCurrie10

If you'd shopped around they were 13/8. Awful...........
At least I made a few quid..... on 07:37 - Oct 24 with 4771 viewsITFC_Forever

At least I made a few quid..... on 01:11 - Oct 24 by Currie10

If you'd shopped around they were 13/8. Awful...........

Just what the odds happened to be in the establishment I popped in to when I was in town Saturday morning.

At least I made a few quid..... on 04:28 - Oct 25 with 4675 viewsCurrie10

At least I made a few quid..... on 07:37 - Oct 24 by ITFC_Forever

Just what the odds happened to be in the establishment I popped in to when I was in town Saturday morning.

You bet instore? Jesus.

Go on oddschecker the next time you place a bet and take the best odds available mate!
At least I made a few quid..... on 07:52 - Oct 25 with 4631 viewsSwn98

At least I made a few quid..... on 17:27 - Oct 23 by ITFC_Forever

£52.50.

Self praise is no praise!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024