Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? 16:04 - Oct 23 with 3485 viewsSmithy

Former Leicester City striker Steve Claridge, speaking on BBC Radio 5 live after Everton's loss on Sunday, said "something has to change quickly" at Everton.

"On this evidence, Everton are in real, real trouble," he said.

"There were very few redeeming features about their play. There is no belief in what they are doing and they are not good enough to play like that.

"There is no reaction to what is going on. The fans have just given up reacting. Apathy is too strong a word but they look like they've had the guts knocked out of them."

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 16:05 - Oct 23 with 3458 viewschicoazul

We arent in "real real trouble" though. Nobody serious thinks we are in a relegation scrap just yet, we have after all got 18 points out of the first 1/4 of the season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 16:11 - Oct 23 with 3406 viewsIpswichIrish

I can't stand Claridge, moaning horrible fuc***

I also hate a drama queen. He said Everton could go down. No they won't
Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 16:17 - Oct 23 with 3380 viewsStokieBlue

6th last season, 140m spent and relying on Rooney 20 yarders to score.

I'd say they are quite a few steps further along the road to misery.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 18:35 - Oct 23 with 3148 viewsstonojnr

Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 16:05 - Oct 23 by chicoazul

We arent in "real real trouble" though. Nobody serious thinks we are in a relegation scrap just yet, we have after all got 18 points out of the first 1/4 of the season.

not yet for sure, but I look at the way they played yesterday and think so where are the next 18points going to come from ?

the manager seems to have written off the rest of October/November, and we seem to be relying on scoring fluky goals to win matches as none of those chances yesterday were decent attempts on goal, or had much of a plan in evidence behind them, dinking a ball in the air and hoping someone might get on the end of it isnt going to win you games, and the way everyone seems to want the extra pass when in the box, means they are totally shot on confidence are doing that thing where they pass the responsibility onto someone else, in the you cant blame me for messing that up, because I passed to someone else to take the shot, and the ball becomes a hot potato, no-one wants it.

so how do they break this losing run ?
Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 18:46 - Oct 23 with 3109 viewsgainsboroughblue

Neither are Everton in all honesty. They probably won't threaten the European places this season, or even the top ten, but there are definitely three worse teams than them.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 19:23 - Oct 23 with 2986 viewsWestSussexBlue

Their in a bad place admittedly but 6 points off 7th less than 10 games played is harsh to sack Koeman.
Besides Everton are my second team.
Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 19:34 - Oct 23 with 2938 viewsRoyKeanesDog

A couple of years ago a mate of mine said we were the Everton of The Championship.

The most depressingly accurate statement I've ever heard. Probably.

Poll: Best Football Song

Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 19:59 - Oct 23 with 2871 viewsDeano69

See what you mean, but we haven't spent (proportionally) anything like the same dough. Although we did let a striker go without replacing.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 20:00 - Oct 23 with 2867 viewsGlasgowBlue

Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 16:11 - Oct 23 by IpswichIrish

I can't stand Claridge, moaning horrible fuc***

I also hate a drama queen. He said Everton could go down. No they won't

"Could go down". Not "will go down".

They could but I don't think they will.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 23:07 - Oct 23 with 2611 viewsbournemouthblue

Nor are we not good enough to play our brand of hoof ball

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Replace Everton with Ipswich, sound about right? on 03:19 - Oct 24 with 2464 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nah. There's expectation that they'll build on a good season last year where they qualified for Europe, they spent £140m+ in the summer, their fans are awake...

Doesn't sound like us at all.

They're in a position far worse than the expectation compared to us. But that in itself is our problem - people have and continue to give up. There's little expectation. We're a great club, having the life sucked out of us under ME.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024