Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyre sealant fluid stuff 17:25 - Oct 23 with 4983 viewsjeera

Car I've got doesn't have a spare wheel, which I'm pissed off about, and the bottle is empty.

I keep pushing my luck, forgetting to buy a replacement. I am in Ipswich tomorrow so can anyone advise where I may buy a refill bottle in Ipswich please?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tyre sealant fluid stuff on 17:50 - Oct 23 with 785 viewsjeera

Tyre sealant fluid stuff on 17:48 - Oct 23 by Kievthegreat

In theory you should be able to pick one up, if not you could always just remove the insert and drop a spare wheel in with a blanket to stop it knocking about. In reality though the spares are usually heavy enough that they'll not easily move.

Sorry, I saw your avatar and assumed you were Sticky.

Yes, I'll get on it. I don't like the idea of relying on a bottle of fluid, it's daft.

I do wonder how others have got on with it though.

Maybe someone will notice and offer and anecdote or 2.

Tyre sealant fluid stuff on 17:51 - Oct 23 with 780 viewsjeera

Tyre sealant fluid stuff on 17:49 - Oct 23 by brogansnose

My car, a Honda , didn't come with one, although its got a space for it. I got a botlle of stuff and other bits that I don't know how to use. Its extra if you want a spare tyre.

Surely it should just be less if you don't!

Tyre sealant fluid stuff on 18:01 - Oct 23 with 759 viewsbrogansnose

Tyre sealant fluid stuff on 17:51 - Oct 23 by jeera

Surely it should just be less if you don't!

It'll be one of those Ryanair things whereby they sell it as 'customer choice' whereas they really want to charge you for going to the toilet.

There's probably quite a few companies at it except at the higher end and they're not going to flinch at the cost of a Beemer tyre. Saying that , they do give you 'free' breakdown cover so I'd just call them especially being mechanically rubbish, even at wheel changing level.
Tyre sealant fluid stuff on 18:06 - Oct 23 with 752 viewsKievthegreat

Tyre sealant fluid stuff on 17:50 - Oct 23 by jeera

Sorry, I saw your avatar and assumed you were Sticky.

Yes, I'll get on it. I don't like the idea of relying on a bottle of fluid, it's daft.

I do wonder how others have got on with it though.

Maybe someone will notice and offer and anecdote or 2.

While I've only ever had spares, the people I know who've had to use pump and goo have had a mixed bag. If it's just a simple puncture it's easy. Not as convenient because you need to change the tyre sooner rather than later but not too bad. However if you get a blowout, a big puncture, or simply have it happen at speed whereby slowing to a stop from 70 can damage the tyre too much to use the goo. You are left stranded on the hard shoulder.

Given the choice I would always have a spare because the extra 25+kg of having it will make no discernable difference to how it drives or handles, but gives you piece of mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024