Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? 18:40 - Oct 23 with 5329 viewstractorboy1978

n/t
When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 18:42 - Oct 23 with 5316 viewschicoazul

NEwcastle at home last season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 19:00 - Oct 23 with 5278 viewsFtnfwest

Inter
When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 19:06 - Oct 23 with 5252 viewsgainsboroughblue

West Ham play offs first leg 2004. Obviously it meant less after the second leg.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 19:48 - Oct 23 with 5163 viewsGlasgowBlue

Arsenal. January 2011.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 21:07 - Oct 23 with 5083 viewsTrequartista

Hmmm so far weve had suggestions for a cup in which you field your reserve team, a cup which is defunct, a win which was in effect half time in a tie we lost, and an end of season match with little riding on it!

Has to be the last win over norwich after which the manager was sacked straight afterwards.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 21:10 - Oct 23 with 5072 viewsgainsboroughblue

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 21:07 - Oct 23 by Trequartista

Hmmm so far weve had suggestions for a cup in which you field your reserve team, a cup which is defunct, a win which was in effect half time in a tie we lost, and an end of season match with little riding on it!

Has to be the last win over norwich after which the manager was sacked straight afterwards.

Slim pickings innit. I did mitigate that the West Ham tie ultimately ended in disappointment but in terms of a self-contained 90 minute football match, we still won. Should have been more than 1-0 though.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 21:11]

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 21:16 - Oct 23 with 5043 viewsDyland

Looked at objectively, probably Barnsley in 2000.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:18 - Oct 23 with 5033 viewsTrequartista

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 21:10 - Oct 23 by gainsboroughblue

Slim pickings innit. I did mitigate that the West Ham tie ultimately ended in disappointment but in terms of a self-contained 90 minute football match, we still won. Should have been more than 1-0 though.

Login to get fewer ads

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 21:20 - Oct 23 with 5032 viewsTrequartista

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 21:10 - Oct 23 by gainsboroughblue

Yes should never have subbed darren bent when he was on fire in that game. Even my 3-2 norwich suggestion was in reality andead rubber. Wembley 2000 anyone?

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 21:21 - Oct 23 with 5023 viewsgainsboroughblue

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 21:20 - Oct 23 by Trequartista

Yes should never have subbed darren bent when he was on fire in that game. Even my 3-2 norwich suggestion was in reality andead rubber. Wembley 2000 anyone?

Sadly, the reality is that is probably the correct answer.

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 22:43 - Oct 23 with 4893 viewsClapham_Junction

Watford away in 2015.
When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 23:05 - Oct 23 with 4833 viewsbournemouthblue

Arsenal at home?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 00:00 - Oct 24 with 4790 viewsWacko

This. I've been a Mick outer for many years, starting during our play-off season when it was patently obvious we couldn't beat anyone higher than 6th, let alone over two legs. As much as it was a great achievement, that was the zenith of his achievements, any clued-up ambitious owner would have gambled then and made a change.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 01:13 - Oct 24 with 4740 viewsCurrie10

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 22:43 - Oct 23 by Clapham_Junction

Watford away in 2015.

Definite scenes that day!!!
When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 01:19 - Oct 24 with 4733 viewsStNeotsBlue

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 01:13 - Oct 24 by Currie10

Definite scenes that day!!!

It was fantastic but it was Watford away not a big game. The Arsenal game 1st leg is probably the last time we did the business on a big occasion.
When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 07:37 - Oct 24 with 4631 viewsSteve_M

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 00:00 - Oct 24 by Wacko

This. I've been a Mick outer for many years, starting during our play-off season when it was patently obvious we couldn't beat anyone higher than 6th, let alone over two legs. As much as it was a great achievement, that was the zenith of his achievements, any clued-up ambitious owner would have gambled then and made a change.

The season we beat Watford twice, Middlesbrough and Brentford? But, yeah other than those matches we couldn't beat anyone in the top six.

The amount of revisionism going on about that season now is utterly ridiculous.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 08:28 - Oct 24 with 4573 viewsMullet

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 07:37 - Oct 24 by Steve_M

The season we beat Watford twice, Middlesbrough and Brentford? But, yeah other than those matches we couldn't beat anyone in the top six.

The amount of revisionism going on about that season now is utterly ridiculous.

And the one after that, and after that and by Christmas this one too no less.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

When was the last time we won a 'big' game that meant something? on 08:47 - Oct 24 with 4529 viewsMoisha

Forest home in the playoff season was a big game we had to win, big crowd, Sears deflected late winner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024