Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with 20:29 - Oct 23 with 6863 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I mean any other manager losing 7 out of 9 would be in trouble wouldn't they?

Looked so lost second half.
I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with on 05:27 - Oct 24 with 1363 viewsCurrie10

Well we don't want him out with the likes of some donut like Jewell in.

Of course it's a valid argument!
I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with on 07:18 - Oct 24 with 1320 viewsClausThomsen

I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with on 22:32 - Oct 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I'd rather we wait until the season ends tbh Luke and then make an appointment from the lower leagues. Someone like Ainsworth.

If mick was sacked whilst we were mid table, we'd be bringing in someone with experience to make sure we don't get relegated. And there's no guarantee we wouldn't. At least under mick, there's no way we'd go down imo.

What has Ainsworth done to deserve the Ipswich job?
I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with on 08:10 - Oct 24 with 1298 viewsitfcjoe

I know it's not much better - but I don't get why the Palace game where we sent he U23s keeps getting included in these stats.

Ultimately what matters is that we are 11th in the league, there's a big difference between losing 6 out of 8 and being 11th and losing 6 out of 8 and being 23rd.......

I just wish Mick would try and set us up how he wants to, every team we play we talk about how they set up in the build up, they can't ever do that about us because we have no set plan. Being fluid isn't a bad thing, but sometimes you need to try and make the opposition ask questions about your style.

I think we've got a decent enough squad, and hopefully with Mick's contract up in the summer he might try and go a little bit 'sh*t or bust' and turn us back into a side other teams worry about - especially at Portman Road.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with on 08:12 - Oct 24 with 1292 viewsitfcjoe

I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with on 20:38 - Oct 23 by Luk38644

For once, I agree with you. It's not our job as fans to find the replacement, it would be the clubs and I would hope they have footballing people in place to find a good fit. That said, I have very little trust in Evans to do so after his Keane/Jewell appointments. It has to be a football minded person who picks the new boss. Ask people like Burley or even ask Sheepshanks to give him a hand finding someone, anyone but Evans again.

Which Norwich fan would have said to replace Alex Neil with Daniel Farke?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 20:39]

There isn't anyone there who is a football man, other than Bryan Klug everyone in the club is under Mick. Our Director of Football is Mick's long term chief scout.

There needs to be an attempt to bring someone in in the boardroom who is 'a football man', who can support the manager but also dictate where the club wants to go. The job is too big now for anyone, especially when part of the '5 point plan' is to bring through youngsters etc, Mick is doing good work in that regard but there needs to be an overarching plan by someone who isn't likely to get sacked

I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with on 08:15 - Oct 24 with 1283 viewsitfcjoe

I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with on 20:47 - Oct 23 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's been used on here for two years.

I think it's fair enough here - all these other clubs have a structure in place that could handle a novice at this level - we don't. Mick does everything here and dropping in a manager with no Championship experience would be hugely risky.

I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with on 08:32 - Oct 24 with 1262 viewsMullet

I don't really buy the arguement that who do you replace him with on 08:12 - Oct 24 by itfcjoe

There isn't anyone there who is a football man, other than Bryan Klug everyone in the club is under Mick. Our Director of Football is Mick's long term chief scout.

There needs to be an attempt to bring someone in in the boardroom who is 'a football man', who can support the manager but also dictate where the club wants to go. The job is too big now for anyone, especially when part of the '5 point plan' is to bring through youngsters etc, Mick is doing good work in that regard but there needs to be an overarching plan by someone who isn't likely to get sacked

Perhaps the issue being that we're not going to spend enough on transfers warrants it in ME's mind?

We seem now to be relying on three streams of recruitment, the academy, the lower league punts and Mick's network within the game.

To me it seems Marcus sees that as enough. Putting in someone at another level in the club probably seems unnecessary.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024