Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those of you keen for Mick to leave 23:48 - Oct 23 with 13545 viewsCurrie10

I assume a good proportion of people are of the opinion that -
* We would play better stuff.
* Could have a better chance of promotion.
* Be exciting to start with.

However, it could go the other way too.
* Results could get worse.
* Players may not wish to sign for the new gafa

Probably other areas for both. I assume people who want Mick out, which I can understand can see both points?
For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 23:52 - Oct 23 with 9302 viewsSarge

Yep results could get worse but only marginally. 9 losses from 9 instead of 7?

People might not sign for the new manager but who knows how many players have been put off Ipswich in the last 5 years because of the crap football we play?

Our existence as it is currently is meaningless, something must be done.
For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 23:52 - Oct 23 with 9297 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yes, there’s always a risk. But, it is just boring dull Groundhog Day, and people need change.
For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 23:57 - Oct 23 with 9272 viewsCurrie10

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 23:52 - Oct 23 by OsborneOneNil

Yes, there’s always a risk. But, it is just boring dull Groundhog Day, and people need change.

Oh I agree with that, however I'd imagine if you asked Blackburn fans now they'd have Sam back in a heartbeat.

Flip side, change has done others clubs very well so who knows!
For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 00:01 - Oct 24 with 9254 viewsOsborneOneNil

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 23:57 - Oct 23 by Currie10

Oh I agree with that, however I'd imagine if you asked Blackburn fans now they'd have Sam back in a heartbeat.

Flip side, change has done others clubs very well so who knows!

Exactly, glad you mentioned the flip side.
For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 00:03 - Oct 24 with 9250 viewsWacko

Like every business, it has to be done forensically. Every owner worth its salt should be scouring the globe getting their potential next manager lined up, even if the current one is doing well. In many ways the length of time a caretaker gets is proportionate to how well a club is run, IMO

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 00:04 - Oct 24 with 9244 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I think it's best he goes at the end of the season

I think we would play better stuff.
I think our chhances of promotion (none) will stay the same under every manager under Evans.
I agree it would be exciting at least for the first couple of months.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 00:35 - Oct 24 with 9202 viewsStNeotsBlue

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 00:04 - Oct 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I think our chhances of promotion (none) will stay the same under every manager under Evans.

We have some excellent youngsters coming through, which is a massive positive but in every other aspect the club seems to be stagnating. The ground is looking tired and little things like the lack of extra bar staff in the lower north when they've known it was sold out for over a week smack of ineptitude and indifference from the powers that be.

It's a minor irritation I know but when they have such a small window of opportunity to make some dough why not make the most of it, I don't understand the thinking from the club.
For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 00:46 - Oct 24 with 9176 viewsStNeotsBlue

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 00:35 - Oct 24 by StNeotsBlue

We have some excellent youngsters coming through, which is a massive positive but in every other aspect the club seems to be stagnating. The ground is looking tired and little things like the lack of extra bar staff in the lower north when they've known it was sold out for over a week smack of ineptitude and indifference from the powers that be.

It's a minor irritation I know but when they have such a small window of opportunity to make some dough why not make the most of it, I don't understand the thinking from the club.

On a more football related note the fact that MMc doesn't seem to have a settled 11 or style of play after 5 years is pretty damning, right back is still an issue despite having loaned in 2 players to plug that hole. The same problems and issues keep cropping up and our best runs of form in the last 12 months have come about when injuries have forced MMc to do things he wouldn't normally, start of this season and the period around and after Villa away last season.
Login to get fewer ads

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 01:06 - Oct 24 with 9148 viewsLancsBlue

Without question there are risks attached to sacking Mick. We know he will keep us in the Championship but we also know that there seems little prospect of any more than that. A new manager would need time to introduce a new playing style and new players. It might well get worse before it gets better.

Sacking Mick would be a gamble. However, given the malaise that has spread throughout the club in the last couple of years I think the time has now come to cross our fingers and to roll the dice.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 01:09 - Oct 24 with 9138 viewsCurrie10

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 00:04 - Oct 24 by The_Romford_Blue

The style of play under Mick is horrific, I can see why many have had enough.

That said, I thought under Jewell for a good %%% of the match, we TRIED to play the good stuff however clearly results didn't happen.

Feel Royle was thrown under the bus 05/06. Loved the guy. Had Alan Lee been signed from the off.......... meh.
For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 01:57 - Oct 24 with 9094 viewsmadmouse1959

We had all the debates last season. Why the debate on the pro,s and cons of McCarthy leaving this season. ?

shampoo dave

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 02:23 - Oct 24 with 9069 viewsBenters

Never fear change.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 03:16 - Oct 24 with 9028 viewsPilgrimblue

Or put it another way do you want current situation to continue. I don't so with a long list of applicants I'm willing to bet it'll get better in every way.
For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 03:32 - Oct 24 with 9010 viewsRyorry

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 01:06 - Oct 24 by LancsBlue

Without question there are risks attached to sacking Mick. We know he will keep us in the Championship but we also know that there seems little prospect of any more than that. A new manager would need time to introduce a new playing style and new players. It might well get worse before it gets better.

Sacking Mick would be a gamble. However, given the malaise that has spread throughout the club in the last couple of years I think the time has now come to cross our fingers and to roll the dice.

"We know he will keep us in the Championship"

We don't know any such thing, MysticLancs.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 03:41 - Oct 24 with 8999 viewsSwansea_Blue

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 03:32 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

Are you turning into a vociferous Mick outer Ryorry? And what time of night do you call this?!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 03:49 - Oct 24 with 8993 viewsIllinoisblue

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 02:23 - Oct 24 by Benters

Never fear change.

Benters with the motivational poster slogan. Give us more!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 04:03 - Oct 24 with 8982 viewsRyorry

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 03:41 - Oct 24 by Swansea_Blue

Are you turning into a vociferous Mick outer Ryorry? And what time of night do you call this?!

I'm a swinger, Swansea! ;)

Vociferous In, to Out, then back In, now Out again & shake it all about ...

He's had his hands tied by Evans to a certain extent, but as our manager, I think he can no longer see the wood for the trees - this happens to all managers of all clubs after a length of time (which varies) imho. I do think that a fresh pair of eyes and fresh methods could achieve both a better playing style and better results, using no more than our existing playing staff. This also applies to a fresh no.2 - what on earth has happened to "solid defence" under McCarthy, and our strikers under TC??

PS kipped 8-11pm & got up fresh as a daisy! Off to take the dog out for a pee, then back to bed :)
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 4:06]

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 04:19 - Oct 24 with 8967 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 03:32 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

Well we do to be fair.

There's no way we'd be relegated under him. He'd simply make us hard to beat and scrap out draws like we did last season if it ever got genuinely possible to go down.

It's just all very stale right now unfortunately

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 04:40 - Oct 24 with 8954 viewsBenters

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 03:49 - Oct 24 by Illinoisblue

Benters with the motivational poster slogan. Give us more!

They dont like it up em!

Gentlybentley

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 04:48 - Oct 24 with 8950 viewsBenters

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 04:19 - Oct 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Well we do to be fair.

There's no way we'd be relegated under him. He'd simply make us hard to beat and scrap out draws like we did last season if it ever got genuinely possible to go down.

It's just all very stale right now unfortunately

We did come bloody close to it for a time last season,i also like the way many on here brush under the mat our worst finish in 58yrs.

Yes we have did make the POs great, yes we did finish 7th not so good, thanks Mick for all your hard work and all that,im sure you got paid a handsome ammount.

Time has come for a change.

Gentlybentley

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 05:26 - Oct 24 with 8920 viewsCurrie10

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 04:03 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

I'm a swinger, Swansea! ;)

Vociferous In, to Out, then back In, now Out again & shake it all about ...

He's had his hands tied by Evans to a certain extent, but as our manager, I think he can no longer see the wood for the trees - this happens to all managers of all clubs after a length of time (which varies) imho. I do think that a fresh pair of eyes and fresh methods could achieve both a better playing style and better results, using no more than our existing playing staff. This also applies to a fresh no.2 - what on earth has happened to "solid defence" under McCarthy, and our strikers under TC??

PS kipped 8-11pm & got up fresh as a daisy! Off to take the dog out for a pee, then back to bed :)
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 4:06]

Little bit of a weird time to poke re strikers, we're joint third top in the league with Garner/Digs+Waghorn all scoring a good amount already this term!
For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 05:33 - Oct 24 with 8914 viewsRyorry

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 05:26 - Oct 24 by Currie10

Little bit of a weird time to poke re strikers, we're joint third top in the league with Garner/Digs+Waghorn all scoring a good amount already this term!

TC's longest term coachee Didz was horribly off-target & out of form according to those who were there on Sun.

Garner and Wags are newbies.

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 05:34 - Oct 24 with 8907 viewsBenters

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 05:33 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

TC's longest term coachee Didz was horribly off-target & out of form according to those who were there on Sun.

Garner and Wags are newbies.

I think Didz is getting ready for the off !

Gentlybentley

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 06:22 - Oct 24 with 8862 viewsKeaneish

I'd rather lose under another manager and have some hope if change than repeatedly lose under Mick knowing that next week will be exact the same.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 06:33 - Oct 24 with 8835 viewsBenters

For those of you keen for Mick to leave on 06:22 - Oct 24 by Keaneish

I'd rather lose under another manager and have some hope if change than repeatedly lose under Mick knowing that next week will be exact the same.

Come on ....................... BELIEVE!!!

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024