Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of Passion says Osman. 06:44 - Oct 24 with 22908 viewsWestSussexBlue

This surely starts with MM and TC, are they motivating the players enough, it’s not the first time we’ve looked flat after half time. Lincoln Away was a classic example.
I would have liked to see a Magilton type in the dressing room at HT.
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 07:13 - Oct 24 with 10597 viewsGuthrum

One odd thing is that there was no reason to be flat after the break. The game was still 0 - 0, we weren't a man down, didn't even sound like we were being badly overrun (except perhaps Spence).

So what sucked all the energy out of the team?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 07:24 - Oct 24 with 10562 viewsBenters

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 07:13 - Oct 24 by Guthrum

One odd thing is that there was no reason to be flat after the break. The game was still 0 - 0, we weren't a man down, didn't even sound like we were being badly overrun (except perhaps Spence).

Dont know, perhaps Mick Macs half time talk sent them to sleep?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 07:31 - Oct 24 with 10538 viewsSteve_M

Partly Norwich bloke everything up with a big increase in gamesmanship but we also had probably four players who were less than fully fit - Garner, Adeyemi, McGoldrick, Webster and that has to have an effect.

We still got forward and created a good chance for McGoldrick but once we were behind....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 07:39 - Oct 24 with 10505 viewsTractorWood

Yet all the press do is praise his motivational skills. Whenever were losing all you here is 'Mick will be furious at that'. He may well be, but it rarely changes anything. Lincoln was the clearest example of this, Butcher said we were a gutless disgrace after the Lincoln game and very little has changed since.

We have to be the most patient football fans on Earth. All the concerns that led me to my to decision not to renew my ST remain. Club has no strategy beyond damage limitation on an obviously insufficient budget and the only way of voicing discontent is by not going and further reducing said budget. Some Shakespearian tragedies are more uplifting.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 07:49 - Oct 24 with 10450 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 07:39 - Oct 24 by TractorWood

Yet all the press do is praise his motivational skills. Whenever were losing all you here is 'Mick will be furious at that'. He may well be, but it rarely changes anything. Lincoln was the clearest example of this, Butcher said we were a gutless disgrace after the Lincoln game and very little has changed since.

We have to be the most patient football fans on Earth. All the concerns that led me to my to decision not to renew my ST remain. Club has no strategy beyond damage limitation on an obviously insufficient budget and the only way of voicing discontent is by not going and further reducing said budget. Some Shakespearian tragedies are more uplifting.

Seemed to match Norwich in the first half, but second half was a complete joke. Certain players in our team feel that they are close to "undroppable", whereas Norwich players know that Farke will bring in the changes come January if they don't perform. Fear could have been the key element. Our players know what the fan reaction is to them losing the derby, it's happened 6 times in the last 9 outings. Pretty much nothing. Norwich players are well aware of what happens to them if they even draw let alone lose.

I'd say lack of passion plus physicality. Norwich players (especially defenders) looked really pumped up in comparison to our players. They dwarfed our forwards. We then decided that the best way to score was to send in crosses into the box. Mistake.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:03 - Oct 24 with 10410 viewsFtnfwest

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 07:49 - Oct 24 by BrettenhamBlue

Seemed to match Norwich in the first half, but second half was a complete joke. Certain players in our team feel that they are close to "undroppable", whereas Norwich players know that Farke will bring in the changes come January if they don't perform. Fear could have been the key element. Our players know what the fan reaction is to them losing the derby, it's happened 6 times in the last 9 outings. Pretty much nothing. Norwich players are well aware of what happens to them if they even draw let alone lose.

I'd say lack of passion plus physicality. Norwich players (especially defenders) looked really pumped up in comparison to our players. They dwarfed our forwards. We then decided that the best way to score was to send in crosses into the box. Mistake.

Matched them first half but only with pressure not guile or any form of a game plan plus their defence was quite wobbly as well. Thought they had a game plan in spades particularly second half when they had adapted to our 'style' of play. When you watch England games and they are so slow and ponderous...throw in a few long balls and that's us.
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:10 - Oct 24 with 10384 viewschristiand

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:03 - Oct 24 by Ftnfwest

Matched them first half but only with pressure not guile or any form of a game plan plus their defence was quite wobbly as well. Thought they had a game plan in spades particularly second half when they had adapted to our 'style' of play. When you watch England games and they are so slow and ponderous...throw in a few long balls and that's us.

Watson quoted: 'Ipswich were trying to knock down the door, but Norwich were trying to find the key to unlock it.'

That is a spot on assessment of that first half! I really like what he has to say generally and he will write things that most of us feel or believe about the club. That quote just highlights the difference between the two sides. Ipswich haven't got the craft to break teams down so just use brute force, while Norwich have more quality and try and find a way.

All this business about the void in monies. How much did Norwich pay Coventry for Maddison? Did we miss him because he wasn't playing in the League of Ireland. Now that lad looks a real talent.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:11 - Oct 24 with 10379 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:03 - Oct 24 by Ftnfwest

We do seem to lack pace throughout the team. When Celina came on you could really see a difference. We are like a really bad version of the England squad. Throw in a few mistakes, less pace or height and more hoofball and that's us. Oh, and don't forget the ease with which are full-backs are beaten.

By "matched" I meant we were doing ok. Knudsen hit the post and we did get a few free kicks. We didn't do ok second half. Awful play from our forwards, midfield was hanging on, Spence and Knudsen were out of position and whenever Maddison got the ball our team went into panic. When they scored they sat back, they didn't need to score another. We should have been forcing their keeper into great saves, flashing shots across the area etc. Instead, nothing except that tame effort from Waghorn.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Login to get fewer ads

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:14 - Oct 24 with 10358 viewsgainsboroughblue

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:10 - Oct 24 by christiand

Watson quoted: 'Ipswich were trying to knock down the door, but Norwich were trying to find the key to unlock it.'

That is a spot on assessment of that first half! I really like what he has to say generally and he will write things that most of us feel or believe about the club. That quote just highlights the difference between the two sides. Ipswich haven't got the craft to break teams down so just use brute force, while Norwich have more quality and try and find a way.

All this business about the void in monies. How much did Norwich pay Coventry for Maddison? Did we miss him because he wasn't playing in the League of Ireland. Now that lad looks a real talent.

Annoying isn't it. I don't claim to be a football expert at all but the amount of times, I've watched lower league games and thought to myself, 'He looks a handy player', 'He'd be worth a look' etc etc and then a year later, he has signed for Bristol City, Brentford, Preston (delete as applicable). Why do they never come here?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:15 - Oct 24 with 10353 viewsFtnfwest

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:11 - Oct 24 by BrettenhamBlue

We do seem to lack pace throughout the team. When Celina came on you could really see a difference. We are like a really bad version of the England squad. Throw in a few mistakes, less pace or height and more hoofball and that's us. Oh, and don't forget the ease with which are full-backs are beaten.

By "matched" I meant we were doing ok. Knudsen hit the post and we did get a few free kicks. We didn't do ok second half. Awful play from our forwards, midfield was hanging on, Spence and Knudsen were out of position and whenever Maddison got the ball our team went into panic. When they scored they sat back, they didn't need to score another. We should have been forcing their keeper into great saves, flashing shots across the area etc. Instead, nothing except that tame effort from Waghorn.

There were a few good moments to be fair, the odd clever through ball to set up one of our strikers although the shots were blocked etc. Knudsen moment was very good pressing etc but I thought whilst Norwich invited that a bit defensively first half, by the second they/the manager had worked us out. I don't think I've ever seen the same adaptation from us.
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:17 - Oct 24 with 10337 viewsFtnfwest

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:14 - Oct 24 by gainsboroughblue

Annoying isn't it. I don't claim to be a football expert at all but the amount of times, I've watched lower league games and thought to myself, 'He looks a handy player', 'He'd be worth a look' etc etc and then a year later, he has signed for Bristol City, Brentford, Preston (delete as applicable). Why do they never come here?

Luke berry being a good example, just starting to rip up trees at Luton. I'm given to understand they offered £50k more than us and we wouldn't match it, although I'm sceptical as he really isn't a mick type player.
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:19 - Oct 24 with 10325 viewsitfcjoe

Maddison was undisclosed but reportedly £3m ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3427429/Norwich-seal-3million-

He was very highly rated and a real coup when they picked him up, everyone knew he was quality.

£3m for a player that you immediately loan back, we couldn't afford £300k for a player who wouldn't be expected to go straight into the first team.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:22 - Oct 24 with 10301 viewswaveneyblue

3 million, way above our level sadly....
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:30 - Oct 24 with 10264 viewstrncbluearmy

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:22 - Oct 24 by waveneyblue

3 million, way above our level sadly....

Why?
We have a multi-millioneer owner who puts just enough in to keep us going and a spineless manager who puts up with it.

Given the transfer fees received and Evans wealth £3m is not above our level it's just more then Evans wants to pay and Dino excepts this, giving him a ready made excuse for his own incompertance.

ITFC are only going to get worse under the current regime it's been so bloody obvious for a very long time
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:37 - Oct 24 with 10246 viewsMullet

That's not entirely true though is it? The best season he's had must have been the one where you could never count us out.

Barnsley this season was about as perfect example of the opposite being true. Changing around a game you're losing is no easy feat, which is why it's so remarkable. When you've been as poor as we have in recruitment and squad depth for 18 months it's no surprise to that happen.

I don't even think we came out slower after HT, it was the goal that did us and by then Skuse had just injured himself, Garner and Adeyemi tired and to me Webster and McG at least don't look fully fit.

Our pressing game probably undone us more than anything Sunday because it was relentless but not really giving us enough when we were so wasteful.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:43 - Oct 24 with 10210 viewsJohnny_Boy

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 07:31 - Oct 24 by Steve_M

Partly Norwich bloke everything up with a big increase in gamesmanship but we also had probably four players who were less than fully fit - Garner, Adeyemi, McGoldrick, Webster and that has to have an effect.

We still got forward and created a good chance for McGoldrick but once we were behind....

Did you know, not a single Norwich player was booked in the match.
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:52 - Oct 24 with 10177 viewschristiand

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:19 - Oct 24 by itfcjoe

Maddison was undisclosed but reportedly £3m ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3427429/Norwich-seal-3million-

He was very highly rated and a real coup when they picked him up, everyone knew he was quality.

£3m for a player that you immediately loan back, we couldn't afford £300k for a player who wouldn't be expected to go straight into the first team.

Well if that's true, you get what you pay for then. 'If you pay peanuts......'

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 09:14 - Oct 24 with 10119 viewsartsbossbeard

I don't expect for a minute that an experienced manager & coach would have done nothing more than attempt to motivate the team at half time but for whatever reason, something simply didn't click and a formation/player change was required. Didn't happen 'til much too late.

I do laugh though when fans talk of being patient and in the same breath talk of not renewing their season ticket. The irony isn't lost on most.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 09:26 - Oct 24 with 10041 viewsblueislander

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:43 - Oct 24 by Johnny_Boy

Did you know, not a single Norwich player was booked in the match.

By gamesmanship I assume that you are referring to some delays in taking throw ins. I didn't detect anything more than that, which , if we had been winning 1-0 and done likewise, we would be applauding.

They played throughout with two defensive midfielders, but they did have the only real class performer on the pitch in Hoolahan. The kid Maddison did one or two good things and took his goal very well, but he does look a bit lightweight still.

We made it very simple for them to shut up shop in the second half with our hoofball.
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 09:27 - Oct 24 with 10037 viewschicoazul

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 08:14 - Oct 24 by gainsboroughblue

We sold Mings for £8m.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 09:49 - Oct 24 with 9997 viewsSteve_M

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 09:26 - Oct 24 by blueislander

By gamesmanship I assume that you are referring to some delays in taking throw ins. I didn't detect anything more than that, which , if we had been winning 1-0 and done likewise, we would be applauding.

They played throughout with two defensive midfielders, but they did have the only real class performer on the pitch in Hoolahan. The kid Maddison did one or two good things and took his goal very well, but he does look a bit lightweight still.

We made it very simple for them to shut up shop in the second half with our hoofball.

Plenty of rolling around on the floor at the slightest touch; it was a noticeable change from how they played in the first half. That was definitely part of the change but we should have been able to keep going in spite of that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 10:12 - Oct 24 with 9939 viewsblueislander

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 09:49 - Oct 24 by Steve_M

Plenty of rolling around on the floor at the slightest touch; it was a noticeable change from how they played in the first half. That was definitely part of the change but we should have been able to keep going in spite of that.

You have to question why we went to hoofball, which was not noticeable in the first half. I would like to think that the Manager did not instruct them to go that route, but you would have thought that he would have got instructions on to the pitch for them to pass the ball as they did in the first half. To give Celina only 10 minutes was a big mistake imo. He at least brings a different look to the team, even if he is not consistent .
Lack of Passion says Osman. on 10:47 - Oct 24 with 9841 viewsTractorWood

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 09:14 - Oct 24 by artsbossbeard

I don't expect for a minute that an experienced manager & coach would have done nothing more than attempt to motivate the team at half time but for whatever reason, something simply didn't click and a formation/player change was required. Didn't happen 'til much too late.

I do laugh though when fans talk of being patient and in the same breath talk of not renewing their season ticket. The irony isn't lost on most.

You have a ST? Done 85% of games home and away under MM. Can't do it anymore as there is no end game or strategy. I find the correlation between those that don't go regularly and their blind defence of MM ironic.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 10:50 - Oct 24 with 9823 viewsartsbossbeard

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 10:47 - Oct 24 by TractorWood

You have a ST? Done 85% of games home and away under MM. Can't do it anymore as there is no end game or strategy. I find the correlation between those that don't go regularly and their blind defence of MM ironic.

Season ticket holder, yes.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Lack of Passion says Osman. on 10:52 - Oct 24 with 9811 viewsTractorJack

Quality and composure were bigger factors for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024