Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. 08:01 - Oct 24 with 5976 viewsamy73

Things seem different this season. Marcus has been at most matches. I have spoken to him and his daughter at a couple of games this season and they seem genuinely interested. I have also seen him in deep discussion with George Burley and Simon Milton - about what I don’t know.

I just think a couple of away losses and they won’t want to come back to the inevitable abuse at Portman Road.
Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:03 - Oct 24 with 5942 viewsBackToRussia

He always goes to games.

Nonsense post.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:06 - Oct 24 with 5926 viewsnrb1985

No he wont, we were much much worse under Jewel and Keane before he acted and they both had good money to spend.

Why would he sack a manager working with no budget while we hover between mid table and play offs?
Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:08 - Oct 24 with 5908 viewstractorboy1978

More chance of him getting a new deal than being sacked.
Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:08 - Oct 24 with 5902 viewsITFC_Forever

Although most fans think the time has come for a change, I think we’re a little way away from ME pulling the trigger just yet.

It’s 7 defeats from 9 at the moment. Even if we lose the next three and that becomes 10 defeats in 12, I still don’t think that’ll be enough.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:09 - Oct 24 with 5895 viewsIpswichIrish

Don't know but there's another 373 posts identical to this
Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:09 - Oct 24 with 5898 viewsFtnfwest

Not a chance. Trouble is having 'pulled' Milne for a couple of faux pas last season, we are now left with the alternative of complete silence from the club which I'm not sure I prefer.
Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:18 - Oct 24 with 5847 viewsRadlett_blue

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:08 - Oct 24 by tractorboy1978

More chance of him getting a new deal than being sacked.

Exactly. We're on a poor run right now, but are still top half. The bigger question is if he gets/wants a new deal & Evans is known for his willingness to wait so I'm sure that won't be addressed for a while. McGoldrick falling out of contract is more of a concern - any other players up at the end of the season?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:23 - Oct 24 with 5831 viewsCurrie10

The same Marcus Evans who refused to sack Keane after 13 / 14 whatever winless games bottom of the league? Pull the other one. Awful WUM. 0.01/10
Login to get fewer ads

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 09:38 - Oct 24 with 5712 viewsBerlinBlue

You must be one of the only people in the known universe who knows him by sight in that case.
He's not going to sack MM now. If ever...
Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 09:40 - Oct 24 with 5696 viewsITFC_Forever

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 09:38 - Oct 24 by BerlinBlue

You must be one of the only people in the known universe who knows him by sight in that case.
He's not going to sack MM now. If ever...

Why?

It's not that difficult to find a picture of him, and he's happily posed for photos with fans before.

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 09:52 - Oct 24 with 5659 viewsBerlinBlue

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 09:40 - Oct 24 by ITFC_Forever

Why?

It's not that difficult to find a picture of him, and he's happily posed for photos with fans before.

OK, I must have been living under a rock.
Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 09:53 - Oct 24 with 5646 viewsITFC_Forever

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 09:52 - Oct 24 by BerlinBlue

OK, I must have been living under a rock.

Phil has a stock photo of him which he uses for some of the news stories as well.

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 09:57 - Oct 24 with 5624 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

But did you ask him (and his daughter) their thoughts on cheese?
Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 10:01 - Oct 24 with 5594 viewsJ2BLUE

Not a chance and really, why should he? We've had a great run and a crap run this season. If the bad run continues then he might need to act but at the moment MM deserves to see out the season. He was finally backed in the summer with peanuts to spend and deserves the chance to see how it plays out. Evans would need to pay compensation now to get rid of him and it would be an odd move. Lets not have the weekly 'this is it, he's gone' threads that we've had in the past. If he's going it will be by mutual consent at the end of next season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 10:21 - Oct 24 with 5521 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:18 - Oct 24 by Radlett_blue

Exactly. We're on a poor run right now, but are still top half. The bigger question is if he gets/wants a new deal & Evans is known for his willingness to wait so I'm sure that won't be addressed for a while. McGoldrick falling out of contract is more of a concern - any other players up at the end of the season?

McGoldrick will be off IMO.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ha! No chance..... on 10:33 - Oct 24 with 5468 viewsBloots

....he won't spend money on players, he's hardly going to "pay off" a manager that will keep us in this league for eternity.

If he had any desire to invest money and get us promoted then maybe, but he hasn't.

Plus Milton and Burley have nothing to do with the club any more.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 10:43 - Oct 24 with 5416 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

No chance, mid table at the minute with a game in hand.

He would of gone in the summer if he was going to be sacked.

When does he take on board what other's think? He was advised to cut season ticket prices but over ruled the board and stuck them up and left others to take the flack.

McCarthy has a lot to answer for, but the buck stops with Evans and at the minute I would rather he sold up, than McCarthy going.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 12:34 - Oct 24 with 5298 viewsLankHenners

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 10:01 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

Not a chance and really, why should he? We've had a great run and a crap run this season. If the bad run continues then he might need to act but at the moment MM deserves to see out the season. He was finally backed in the summer with peanuts to spend and deserves the chance to see how it plays out. Evans would need to pay compensation now to get rid of him and it would be an odd move. Lets not have the weekly 'this is it, he's gone' threads that we've had in the past. If he's going it will be by mutual consent at the end of next season.

Was thinking about the great run/crap run thing yesterday, and thus the pit falls in the 7 out of 9 argument. We've played a lot of the weaker sides in one go and picked up a lot of points, then played the better sides and have come away with nothing. Had those fixtures been mixed up and we'd got similar results what would the overall reaction be? Instead of WWWWWLWWLLLLLLLLL or whatever the form looks like at the moment, and it was WWLWLLWWLLLWL instead, would people have reverted back to being so anti-Mick so quickly?

I think more people would accept, and see, that we're a mid-table team who will pick off the worse sides but struggle against the better sides, which has been pretty obvious anyway from the results this season. People might look at it and go, okay, we're in a better position than last year, the kids are being picked and getting good minutes, and we're generally trying to play better football. Whilst there are still criticisms to be had, and there's a discussion over whether that is where we want to really be as a club, it's what a lot of people were saying they wanted at the end of last season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 12:49 - Oct 24 with 5256 viewsupthewallpaul

He doesn't even own a gun - don't forget Jewell and Keane ad to be adrift at the foot of the table and in the last 3/4 months of their contract before he took any action. Even then I gather Jewell had to resign. Mid table obscurity probably counts as success now given how far the bar has been allowed to lower.

Sunday was just another game to him so won't register as a trigger point - I suspect we'll limp along like this to the end of the season when, hopefully, Mick will walk away anyway with his contract up. By which time another 4 or 5 teams will have overtaken us and the gap to where we used be under Burley/Royle will be even bigger.
Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 12:53 - Oct 24 with 5241 viewsSomethingBlue

He's been having a chinwag with Burley and Milton? That's it - something's up ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 14:42 - Oct 24 with 5049 viewsBLUEBEAT

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 10:21 - Oct 24 by BrixtonBlue

McGoldrick will be off IMO.

Yes. Pretty sure this will happen judging from his last ‘news story’. Doesn’t bother me if it means Waghorn gets to play more games in a central position and maybe call Moore back and give him another chance in the Championship.

Poll: W or W

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 15:11 - Oct 24 with 5012 viewsWickets

Will Evans pull the trigger soon? I think he might. on 08:09 - Oct 24 by Ftnfwest

Not a chance. Trouble is having 'pulled' Milne for a couple of faux pas last season, we are now left with the alternative of complete silence from the club which I'm not sure I prefer.

I had almost forgot Milne , he's been quiet of late.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024