Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR and FFP 14:07 - Oct 24 with 8218 viewsPhilTWTD

This has come up a few times on here, seems there is a resolution, subject to possible appeal (although how it was explained to me a couple of years ago was that all parties had agreed this would be binding, however, they'll obviously be looking to do all they can to get out of it if they can given the sum involved, £58m).

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-financial-fair-play-dispute/

This post has been edited by an administrator
QPR and FFP on 14:14 - Oct 24 with 7465 viewsSteve_M

So, they won't be paying anything then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

QPR and FFP on 14:15 - Oct 24 with 7450 viewsbluewein

QPR and FFP on 14:14 - Oct 24 by Steve_M

Something we could have been told along time ago.

Talk about an anti climax...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

QPR and FFP on 14:17 - Oct 24 with 7431 viewsSpruceMoose

QPR and FFP on 14:15 - Oct 24 by bluewein

Something we could have been told along time ago.

Talk about an anti climax...

I was still hoping for the fairytale end where they get relegated to non league football and never return.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

QPR and FFP on 14:20 - Oct 24 with 7430 viewsPhilTWTD

QPR and FFP on 14:14 - Oct 24 by Steve_M

As things stand the opposite is the case, although our friends at LoftForWords think the appeal will take a couple of years.

QPR and FFP on 14:23 - Oct 24 with 7374 viewsbluewein

QPR and FFP on 14:20 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

As things stand the opposite is the case, although our friends at LoftForWords think the appeal will take a couple of years.

Good old "Arry. Terrific bloke...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

QPR and FFP on 14:27 - Oct 24 with 7346 viewsjpring89

They will end up paying it back £5 per month instalments forever.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

QPR and FFP on 14:31 - Oct 24 with 7313 viewsPhilTWTD

QPR and FFP on 14:23 - Oct 24 by bluewein

Good old "Arry. Terrific bloke...

Not down to him, he did his job by using the resources given to him to get them promoted, even if he might have guessed they'd be outside the limits (although he's not very good with numbers, I seem to recall). Down to whoever it was in charge at QPR at the time who decided they would entirely ignore the rules as they stood. In competition terms, little difference between what they did to win promotion and the Boston-Steve Evans issue which came up yesterday.
QPR and FFP on 14:33 - Oct 24 with 7299 viewsIllinoisblue

that link neatly sums up the woes of modern football; articles on child abuse, financial doping, and an internal investigation.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR and FFP on 14:33 - Oct 24 with 7296 viewsMullet

While it's sh1t for their fans, they're not a special case. For me, the idea of another appeal and two more years denying others a place at the Champ table etc. just seems so very wrong.

I was trying to explain this to a budgie before the match. One of the things that disgusts me most about things like parachute payments is how they conspire to protect the biggest clubs as much as possible, admin, FFP all of these measure seem utterly fluid and toothless and harm the game as a whole.

Compare Leicester to us for example, since then the rules seem to have changed again and so it goes for pretty much everything. I wanted Palace to go bust a few years ago when it looked likely, in the deluded hope it'd send a message.

As is, I just don't see the game saving itself.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

QPR and FFP on 14:37 - Oct 24 with 7259 viewsPhilTWTD

QPR and FFP on 14:33 - Oct 24 by Mullet

While it's sh1t for their fans, they're not a special case. For me, the idea of another appeal and two more years denying others a place at the Champ table etc. just seems so very wrong.

I was trying to explain this to a budgie before the match. One of the things that disgusts me most about things like parachute payments is how they conspire to protect the biggest clubs as much as possible, admin, FFP all of these measure seem utterly fluid and toothless and harm the game as a whole.

Compare Leicester to us for example, since then the rules seem to have changed again and so it goes for pretty much everything. I wanted Palace to go bust a few years ago when it looked likely, in the deluded hope it'd send a message.

Indeed. Also has an impact on Leicester, I think, for their promotion season. Worth pointing out that QPR actually had a parachute payment in the season in question and were still so far in excess of FFP limits that they're facing a £50m+ fine.
QPR and FFP on 14:42 - Oct 24 with 7215 viewsRadlett_blue

QPR and FFP on 14:33 - Oct 24 by Mullet

Remember that parachute payments came in after us, Leicester & derby were relegated on 2002 & all clubs went into admin in fairly short order.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

QPR and FFP on 14:43 - Oct 24 with 7207 viewshype313

I just think this whole thing will be swept under the carpet and all be forgotten about in time.

It's a can of legal worms the football league/FA could do without.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

QPR and FFP on 14:44 - Oct 24 with 7189 viewsTrequartista

QPR and FFP on 14:37 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

Indeed. Also has an impact on Leicester, I think, for their promotion season. Worth pointing out that QPR actually had a parachute payment in the season in question and were still so far in excess of FFP limits that they're facing a £50m+ fine.

Didnt leicester avoid sanction by bundling in youth academy payments or somesuchlike?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

QPR and FFP on 14:45 - Oct 24 with 7179 viewsMullet

QPR and FFP on 14:44 - Oct 24 by Trequartista

Didnt leicester avoid sanction by bundling in youth academy payments or somesuchlike?

Formed a new company essentially didn't they?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

QPR and FFP on 14:46 - Oct 24 with 7180 viewsBent_double

OK, they can appeal, but surely they have to start paying the fine, or suffer some kind of points deduction (unlikely) in the meantime?

They can't just keep kicking the can down the road until they get what they want, can they?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

QPR and FFP on 14:48 - Oct 24 with 7166 viewshype313

QPR and FFP on 14:46 - Oct 24 by Bent_double

OK, they can appeal, but surely they have to start paying the fine, or suffer some kind of points deduction (unlikely) in the meantime?

They can't just keep kicking the can down the road until they get what they want, can they?

Indeed, if you get found guilty of Murder you don't then go home and carry on with your life whilst in the appeal process.

QPR and FFP on 14:50 - Oct 24 with 7144 viewsSpruceMoose

QPR and FFP on 14:48 - Oct 24 by hype313

Indeed, if you get found guilty of Murder you don't then go home and carry on with your life whilst in the appeal process.

You don't? Dang, there goes that plan.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

QPR and FFP on 14:51 - Oct 24 with 7140 viewshype313

QPR and FFP on 14:50 - Oct 24 by SpruceMoose

You don't? Dang, there goes that plan.

Well, I didn't.

QPR and FFP on 14:52 - Oct 24 with 7130 viewsSteve_M

QPR and FFP on 14:42 - Oct 24 by Radlett_blue

Remember that parachute payments came in after us, Leicester & derby were relegated on 2002 & all clubs went into admin in fairly short order.

They existed long before that - possibly right back since the days when football was invented in 1992. I think he problem in 2002 was that transfer values collapsed and then ITV digital cost us another £1m+ we had budgeted for.

That year certainly lead to their continued escalation though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

QPR and FFP on 14:56 - Oct 24 with 7106 viewsPhilTWTD

QPR and FFP on 14:46 - Oct 24 by Bent_double

I agree, although I would imagine it's not easy for any company to operate with a £50m+ fine hanging over their head.
QPR and FFP on 14:58 - Oct 24 with 7087 viewsPhilTWTD

QPR and FFP on 14:44 - Oct 24 by Trequartista

Yes, among other sleights of hand: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39134128

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-footbal

QPR and FFP on 23:21 - Oct 24 with 6765 viewsmarcus1642

QPR and FFP on 01:15 - Oct 25 with 6670 viewsSwansea_Blue

QPR and FFP on 14:31 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

Not down to him, he did his job by using the resources given to him to get them promoted, even if he might have guessed they'd be outside the limits (although he's not very good with numbers, I seem to recall). Down to whoever it was in charge at QPR at the time who decided they would entirely ignore the rules as they stood. In competition terms, little difference between what they did to win promotion and the Boston-Steve Evans issue which came up yesterday.

Tony Fernandes was the majority shareholder / owner back in 2013/14. A family member used to work for him, but I best not repeat any stories!

They have to be made to pay as per the ruling. Otherwise you may as well throw FFP in the bin.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

QPR and FFP on 07:07 - Oct 25 with 6537 viewsITFC_Forever

Why are they trying to make the point it is historic as it relates to the 2013-14 season?

We know that, they know that and they’re going through this process as result.... it’s just that it’s taken this long. The fact that the wheels have moved slowly doesn’t mean they can now try and wriggle out of it by saying it’s historic.

So they’ve made recent attempts to comply? Bully for them, shouldn’t they be doing that anyway?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

QPR and FFP on 10:28 - Oct 25 with 6259 viewsNo9

Thanks for that Phil, I was wondering when things would move because all other cases are likely to be judged on how the QPR/EFL differences are resolved.
There are two problems her:- 1/ The EFL is run my less than capable people & 2/ QPR owners are wealthy enough to bust the EFL
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024