Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night 09:26 - Oct 25 with 10969 viewsBerlinBlue

Not fit for a professional game apparently. Bit of a fist in the face to the EFL.
It really is a different world up there in the dizzy heights of the Premier League.
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:35 - Oct 25 with 5003 viewshype313

I'm probably in the minority here, but I can't stand Guardiola. He has been a success because of an amazing academy, blank cheques and state owned backers.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:48 - Oct 25 with 4974 viewsJakeITFC

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:35 - Oct 25 by hype313

I'm probably in the minority here, but I can't stand Guardiola. He has been a success because of an amazing academy, blank cheques and state owned backers.

Weird that nobody else gets teams playing like him, then.
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:49 - Oct 25 with 4970 viewsBerlinBlue

It certainly helps when you have players like Messi, Lewandowski and Aguero!
When he comes out with comments like last night's, it's laughable.
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:50 - Oct 25 with 4967 viewsHerbivore

You should rightly be in a minority. He's an excellent coach.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:50 - Oct 25 with 4968 viewsITFCBlues

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:48 - Oct 25 by JakeITFC

Like last season?

Haven't Bayern won everything for the last x amount of years?

Haven't Barca won CL titles and league titles since he left?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:52 - Oct 25 with 4957 viewsitfcjoe

The footy he has had his teams playing is utterly incredible.

He's obviously helped with big budgets, but plenty of other managers with just as big budgets can't make football look as good as he is doing - a true genius.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:58 - Oct 25 with 4929 viewsBerlinBlue

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:52 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

The footy he has had his teams playing is utterly incredible.

He's obviously helped with big budgets, but plenty of other managers with just as big budgets can't make football look as good as he is doing - a true genius.

I think genius is going a bit far. How successful would he be if he was our manager?
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:00 - Oct 25 with 4916 viewscaught-in-limbo

[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 10:02]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:01 - Oct 25 with 4912 viewsitfcjoe

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:58 - Oct 25 by BerlinBlue

I think genius is going a bit far. How successful would he be if he was our manager?

Surely best to judge him on things he has actually done rather than hypothetical scenarios?

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:05 - Oct 25 with 4890 viewshype313

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:48 - Oct 25 by JakeITFC

Probably because most other managers don't have infinite resources to utilise.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:05 - Oct 25 with 4889 viewsBerlinBlue

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:01 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

Surely best to judge him on things he has actually done rather than hypothetical scenarios?

I see where you're coming from, but how easy is it to judge a manager who has only ever had loads of money and the best players at his disposal? I don't dispute he has something about him, however I'd be curious to see how he'd do at a lesser club.
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:07 - Oct 25 with 4879 viewsJon_456

He's actually spot on about them though.

Anyone that's used one of those new mitre balls will tell you they're absolutely awful.
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:09 - Oct 25 with 4866 viewsNo9

State backed owners?
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:11 - Oct 25 with 4863 viewsitfcjoe

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:05 - Oct 25 by BerlinBlue

I see where you're coming from, but how easy is it to judge a manager who has only ever had loads of money and the best players at his disposal? I don't dispute he has something about him, however I'd be curious to see how he'd do at a lesser club.

I can understand the Bayern thing, but Barca weren't the team they are today before he went there - they had a load of overpaid older players and he quickly changed the culture by bringing through his B Team players and turned them into superstars, and arguably Spain along with them to world and european champions.

And now he has a Man City side playing football we've never seen in this country, when all the big sides are spending mega money too. He obviously needs to win the PL, but they are an absolute joy to watch

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:11 - Oct 25 with 4855 viewsHerbivore

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:05 - Oct 25 by hype313

Mourinho has done and his football has consistently been dire to watch.

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:14 - Oct 25 with 4841 viewsNo9

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:05 - Oct 25 by hype313

A lot of 'managers' who have had considerable resources have failed & a lot who have had little have succeeded.
It is not possible to generalise on such a matter
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:15 - Oct 25 with 4836 viewsvapour_trail

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:11 - Oct 25 by Herbivore

Mourinho has done and his football has consistently been dire to watch.

Sorry meant to up rather than down arrow.

Now it looks like I think mourinho is some sort of aesthetic genius.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:16 - Oct 25 with 4826 viewsHerbivore

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:15 - Oct 25 by vapour_trail

Sorry meant to up rather than down arrow.

Now it looks like I think mourinho is some sort of aesthetic genius.

You've only hurt yourself there.

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:18 - Oct 25 with 4821 viewsBerlinBlue

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:07 - Oct 25 by Jon_456

Anyone that's used one of those new mitre balls will tell you they're absolutely awful.

Funny that none of the EFL clubs complain about it.
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:19 - Oct 25 with 4805 viewsdavblue

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 09:58 - Oct 25 by BerlinBlue

I would second him as a genius, very clever manager and he will be looked back on as a visionary in future years.
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:20 - Oct 25 with 4801 viewsIpswichIrish

I'm surprised by how much of an easy ride Guardiola gets off the British press considering how arrogant he is. Mourinho gets hammered but Pip, who was badly exposed in his first season at City is treat like a god. Why mention the ball? it's utter embarrassment to clutch at straws like that. If it wasn't for absolutely awful finishing by Enobakhare he'd have been out. I just think he's a creep, the way he speaks to the press etc.
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:21 - Oct 25 with 4793 viewsITFCBlues

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:11 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

I can understand the Bayern thing, but Barca weren't the team they are today before he went there - they had a load of overpaid older players and he quickly changed the culture by bringing through his B Team players and turned them into superstars, and arguably Spain along with them to world and european champions.

And now he has a Man City side playing football we've never seen in this country, when all the big sides are spending mega money too. He obviously needs to win the PL, but they are an absolute joy to watch

His net spend at city is far great than anyone else's during his 18 month period at the club - hasn't he spent nearly £500m? They also started last season exactly like this one so don't get too carried away just yet.

At Barca everything was almost on a plate. He didn't create the three key players he had during his time there in Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

At Bayern he arguably regressed that side...

When he goes to a side like Porto ala Mourinho and wins a CL or does so without the best players at his disposal then we can call him a genius

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:22 - Oct 25 with 4773 viewsIpswichIrish

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:07 - Oct 25 by Jon_456

He's a power mad idiot
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:28 - Oct 25 with 4749 viewsBerlinBlue

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:21 - Oct 25 by ITFCBlues

His net spend at city is far great than anyone else's during his 18 month period at the club - hasn't he spent nearly £500m? They also started last season exactly like this one so don't get too carried away just yet.

At Barca everything was almost on a plate. He didn't create the three key players he had during his time there in Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

When he goes to a side like Porto ala Mourinho and wins a CL or does so without the best players at his disposal then we can call him a genius

Maybe he'll go to a lesser club one day to give himself a different sort of challenge. I hope so.
Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:28 - Oct 25 with 4747 viewsdavblue

Guardiola complaining about the ball last night on 10:21 - Oct 25 by ITFCBlues

The Barca team had a basis of a side but they were a mess in the season before he joined.

Ronaldiniho was partying most of the time, Etoo was trouble, it was a team that could have quite easily have drifted and he turned them into a slick side that was one of the best for 4 or 5 seasons.

Messi wasn't the player he become at that point Pep undoubtedly helped that talent flourish.

Bayern, won the league easily and he failed in the champs league there but it's not an easy competition to win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024