Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you play the perceived strongest team possible on Saturday? 09:29 - Oct 25 with 17655 viewsMullet

By this I mean would you keep Adeyemi and Garner in and hope to see a better 90 mins from both in terms of fitness. Those two, Spence and McG are under question for me to different degrees.

Burton were possibly the weakest man for man side I saw last season, but had an awesome work ethic and pressing game that kept them up. I'd be tempted to completely change the side just because.

However, we've not really got any sort of rhythm going thanks to the forced changes of the last few weeks. It'd be nice to think we could limit changes to injuries only and see if we can get back to some sort of run. There's that extra game this month and a chance to recapture a lot of ground or go tumbling.

I can see Sears starting as well as Ward if Mick does opt to change it up. One was very good earlier in the season and has been getting a few assists, the other looked a bit better off the bench this past couple of games.

Waghorn's due another goal again soon surely. I'd be happier seeing him up top if Garner is struggling.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 09:37 - Oct 25 with 6259 viewsBloots

....they were either still carrying knocks or not match fit on Sunday.

They could both miss out.

I'd probably start both Downes and Nydam, dependant on Adeyemi's fitness.

Iorfa will/should come in for Spence who was dreadful on Sunday. Iorfa is marginally better, but still pretty crap.

It's a toss up between which show ponies we play out of McGoldrick and Celina, both will just do a load of stepovers and then miss the target.

Sears and Ward may well play, but nobody will notice anyway.

Maybe Folami will get a spot in the squad?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 9:39]

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 09:40 - Oct 25 with 6243 viewsHerbivore

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 09:37 - Oct 25 by Bloots

Iorfa will/should come in for Spence who was dreadful on Sunday. Iorfa is marginally better, but still pretty crap.

It's a toss up between which show ponies we play out of McGoldrick and Celina, both will just do a load of stepovers and then miss the target.

Has Texters hacked your account?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 09:47 - Oct 25 with 6232 viewsMullet

Would be fine with the two youngsters ahead of Skuse if Adeyemi isn't fit. A switch to 4-3-3 puts McG out for me. Celina/Sears/Ward/Rowe being the only four in the squad worth playing out there in that scenario.

I'd rather he went with 4-2-3-1 and stuck by it. This does seem like the game where if Celina is going to arrive finally it should be this weekend. You won't get a team more likely to be stretched by him given how they play. It'll either be a shut out or he gets kicked and harried until we make a break through.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nah, he wants us to lose on Saturday..... on 09:53 - Oct 25 with 6211 viewsBloots

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 09:40 - Oct 25 by Herbivore

Has Texters hacked your account?

....so that he can moan about the manager.

I want us to win.

I just think that the majority of players are not up to it.

Would you play the perceived strongest team possible on Saturday? on 09:55 - Oct 25 with 6195 viewssimoitfc

i would bring connoly back in at rb.
apart from that i hope mick plays garner even if not 100%. lost 7 in 9 now we need to break that losing streak.
winning breeds confidence . of which the team lacks at the moment
Nah, he wants us to lose on Saturday..... on 09:57 - Oct 25 with 6187 viewsHerbivore

Nah, he wants us to lose on Saturday..... on 09:53 - Oct 25 by Bloots

I want us to win.

I think that's a bit harsh. They're not world beaters but there's some ability in there.

Would you play the perceived strongest team possible on Saturday? on 09:57 - Oct 25 with 6181 viewschicoazul

Why*wouldn't* you play the perceived strongest possible team?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sears/Ward/Rowe..... on 09:58 - Oct 25 with 6178 viewsBloots

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 09:47 - Oct 25 by Mullet

Would be fine with the two youngsters ahead of Skuse if Adeyemi isn't fit. A switch to 4-3-3 puts McG out for me. Celina/Sears/Ward/Rowe being the only four in the squad worth playing out there in that scenario.

I'd rather he went with 4-2-3-1 and stuck by it. This does seem like the game where if Celina is going to arrive finally it should be this weekend. You won't get a team more likely to be stretched by him given how they play. It'll either be a shut out or he gets kicked and harried until we make a break through.

.....the holy trinity of "just below average".

God help us.

Login to get fewer ads

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 09:59 - Oct 25 with 6174 viewsDyland

I don't want Town to be relegated, never in a month of Sundays... but... I'd play the team that got beaten at Selhurst Park.

Fook it.

Mick out. Evans out. Our fans out.

Er, COYFB...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Mid to lower Championship ability..... on 09:59 - Oct 25 with 6168 viewsBloots

Nah, he wants us to lose on Saturday..... on 09:57 - Oct 25 by Herbivore

I think that's a bit harsh. They're not world beaters but there's some ability in there.

...agreed.

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 10:02 - Oct 25 with 6152 viewsITFC_Forever

However bad Spence was on Sunday, he was better than Iorfa was at Sheff U.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That first 30 mins against Palace..... on 10:02 - Oct 25 with 6151 viewsBloots

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 09:59 - Oct 25 by Dyland

I don't want Town to be relegated, never in a month of Sundays... but... I'd play the team that got beaten at Selhurst Park.

Fook it.

Mick out. Evans out. Our fans out.

Er, COYFB...

....was the most enjoyable I've seen this season.

I don't think they've all got the savvy to play in the Championship yet, but I don't see the issue with putting 3 or 4 of them in.

It might give some of the so called 1st team a bit of a wake up call.

Would you play the perceived strongest team possible on Saturday? on 10:04 - Oct 25 with 6139 viewscrunchie1978

What difference does it make......

There all s@@t.
It's a close call really.... on 10:04 - Oct 25 with 6139 viewsBloots

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 10:02 - Oct 25 by ITFC_Forever

....just proves that neither of them are up to it to be fair.

Wildshut made Spence look like an under 11 girls player on Sunday.

That first 30 mins against Palace..... on 10:07 - Oct 25 with 6139 viewsDyland

That first 30 mins against Palace..... on 10:02 - Oct 25 by Bloots

....was the most enjoyable I've seen this season.

I don't think they've all got the savvy to play in the Championship yet, but I don't see the issue with putting 3 or 4 of them in.

It might give some of the so called 1st team a bit of a wake up call.

I hear that Blooters. But I don't care any more to be honest. Our first team don't look savvy enough to put any kind of form together to get us promoted, so what are we all doing here? Paying to watch well paid people play average football and hope we don't get relegated? Zero ambition = zero passion = zero point in going to the footie.

It all feels a bit RIP ITFC tbh, and I'm not going to get myself down or depressed about this cos life is too short. I'm out.

Until we beat Burton :)

Indeed on 10:08 - Oct 25 with 6129 viewsDyland

Adeyemi and Garner looked like..... on 10:02 - Oct 25 by ITFC_Forever

Spence had a poor game on Sunday (out of position imo) but he's a better footballer than Iorfa.

Nah, he wants us to lose on Saturday..... on 10:09 - Oct 25 with 6127 viewsJohnny_Boy

Nah, he wants us to lose on Saturday..... on 09:53 - Oct 25 by Bloots

I want us to win.

Wow. Captain Positive Thinking.
Would you play the perceived strongest team possible on Saturday? on 10:12 - Oct 25 with 6122 viewsitfcjoe

Got to try and get your best team fit - no away games in this league are easy and we really need to grab a win.

Think we need to try and focus on a set up we want to play going forwards and no time like the present.

I'd personally play them both and withdraw them as they start to tire.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I can't stop, it's an addiction.... on 10:13 - Oct 25 with 6120 viewsBloots

That first 30 mins against Palace..... on 10:07 - Oct 25 by Dyland

I hear that Blooters. But I don't care any more to be honest. Our first team don't look savvy enough to put any kind of form together to get us promoted, so what are we all doing here? Paying to watch well paid people play average football and hope we don't get relegated? Zero ambition = zero passion = zero point in going to the footie.

It all feels a bit RIP ITFC tbh, and I'm not going to get myself down or depressed about this cos life is too short. I'm out.

Until we beat Burton :)

....the only thing we, as a club, now have is passion.

There are a few players that show it. Chambo, Knudsen, Smith, maybe Bart and Garner.

Despite all of those players limitations as footballers, I think they care.

Passion needs to come from the top.

Evans has none.

Would you play the perceived strongest team possible on Saturday? on 10:16 - Oct 25 with 6112 viewsHerbivore

Would you play the perceived strongest team possible on Saturday? on 10:12 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

Got to try and get your best team fit - no away games in this league are easy and we really need to grab a win.

Think we need to try and focus on a set up we want to play going forwards and no time like the present.

I'd personally play them both and withdraw them as they start to tire.

Agree with this. This is the closest we've been to having a fully fit squad to choose from, we need to settle on a preferred formation and line up if we're going to do anything this season. It's good to have options and it's not really a problem to have two or three spots in the team where players are rotated but we need the foundation's of a settle system in place pretty quickly.

badabing (n/t) on 10:20 - Oct 25 with 6096 viewsDyland

I can't stop, it's an addiction.... on 10:13 - Oct 25 by Bloots

....the only thing we, as a club, now have is passion.

There are a few players that show it. Chambo, Knudsen, Smith, maybe Bart and Garner.

Despite all of those players limitations as footballers, I think they care.

Passion needs to come from the top.

Evans has none.

Would you play the perceived strongest team possible on Saturday? on 10:25 - Oct 25 with 6077 viewsCuffy81

Mick needs to decide on a system and a stick to it. 433 with McG playing wide was tactically naive at best, realistically he's not going to track back, Norwich saw this and exploited it.

MM's staple is 442, I can't understand why he's gone away from it.
Would you play the perceived strongest team possible on Saturday? on 10:25 - Oct 25 with 6074 viewschicoazul

A mate of mine who is ITK reckons Huws is fit for this game BTW.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I'd heard that too..... on 10:28 - Oct 25 with 6059 viewsBloots

Would you play the perceived strongest team possible on Saturday? on 10:25 - Oct 25 by chicoazul

A mate of mine who is ITK reckons Huws is fit for this game BTW.

....to be fair.

I can't actually remember if he was any good.

I'd heard that too..... on 10:29 - Oct 25 with 6058 viewschicoazul

I'd heard that too..... on 10:28 - Oct 25 by Bloots

....to be fair.

I can't actually remember if he was any good.

Haha me neither. I had half a feeling that Mick had bought him and Adeyemi to replace Skuse but that would be ridiculous wouldnt it, expecting Mick to have foresight and replace one of his favourite Premier League standard players.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024