Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. 09:33 - Oct 25 with 3058 viewsJohnny_Boy

I'm assuming it was 'his' then?

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 09:37 - Oct 25 with 3045 viewshype313

Was it a kid eating a Haribo then washing it down with a Big Mac?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 10:05 - Oct 25 with 2992 viewshoppy

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 09:37 - Oct 25 by hype313

Was it a kid eating a Haribo then washing it down with a Big Mac?

That would be Pukka...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 10:05 - Oct 25 with 2990 viewschicoazul

No you didnt. Those adverts are aimed at Mums therefore it is impossible for anyone else to view them.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 10:12 - Oct 25 with 2987 viewsJohnny_Boy

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 10:05 - Oct 25 by chicoazul

No you didnt. Those adverts are aimed at Mums therefore it is impossible for anyone else to view them.

Been utilising a dodgy stream for UK telly watching & I've noticed the overall standard of uk TV adverts (in general) has hit an all time low.

Pastiche 80's dressed 'characters' for high-interest loan companies (because nobody wearing Espadrilles would dream of fooking you over?!), toddlers replacing adults in work environments, a weird He-Man/Skeletor fascination complex & rehashing old 80's songs.

[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 10:20]
Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 12:33 - Oct 25 with 2895 viewsDarth_Koont

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 10:12 - Oct 25 by Johnny_Boy

Been utilising a dodgy stream for UK telly watching & I've noticed the overall standard of uk TV adverts (in general) has hit an all time low.

Pastiche 80's dressed 'characters' for high-interest loan companies (because nobody wearing Espadrilles would dream of fooking you over?!), toddlers replacing adults in work environments, a weird He-Man/Skeletor fascination complex & rehashing old 80's songs.

There are still good TV ads but yes, the overall level seems poorer today.

In part that's because ideas have to be stretched over all sorts of media so the ideas are often shallow receptacles for content. Like a saucer of cold tea rather than a nice, piping-hot cuppa.

But of course it's also a nostalgia trick: People literally don't remember bad ads (unless they're freakishly annoying) so the old ads always seem better.

Pronouns: He/Him

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 12:38 - Oct 25 with 2884 viewsSteve_M

You can't have been watching sport then, that's 95% betting adverts, all with a hushed 'Gamble Responsibly' at the end as if the likely increase in gambling addiction won't be there fault.

It's possibly more wearying than all the other tedious tropes you've picked out.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 13:20 - Oct 25 with 2809 viewsJ2BLUE

The Pukka advert is awful. Not that any amount of advertising could make me want to eat one of their pies.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 13:23 - Oct 25 with 2802 viewsPinewoodblue

Those Ads are the real reason he is taking a break, so cringeworthy would have got lots of stick.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 13:27 - Oct 25 with 2794 viewsSpruceMoose

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 13:20 - Oct 25 by J2BLUE

The Pukka advert is awful. Not that any amount of advertising could make me want to eat one of their pies.

Adverts in the US are great. I especially like the medical ones where, seeing as they have to mention all the side effects, the list of terrible possibilities actually make up the bulk of the advert.

"In tests on water buffalo, Sprucemoosadol occasionally made legs shrivel, drool dry up, kidneys drop out, buttocks swell, elbows lock and the heart to beat in reverse. May also cause innies to become outies, cause changes in blood temperature and may cause an aversion to oxygen. Sprucemoosadol is not currently approved in use on humans by the FDA. Don't delay, ask you physician about Sprucemooseadol today."

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 13:33 - Oct 25 with 2770 viewsJohnny_Boy

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 12:38 - Oct 25 by Steve_M

You can't have been watching sport then, that's 95% betting adverts, all with a hushed 'Gamble Responsibly' at the end as if the likely increase in gambling addiction won't be there fault.

It's possibly more wearying than all the other tedious tropes you've picked out.

I watched a Spannish feed for a Premier league match - there was some gruff 'hard man' doing the Ray Winston act for a Spanish BET365 advert.

No idea who the bloke was.

Reyes Winston. Probably.
Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 13:34 - Oct 25 with 2763 viewsSpruceMoose

Saw an annoying Haribo advert on the telly. on 13:33 - Oct 25 by Johnny_Boy

I watched a Spannish feed for a Premier league match - there was some gruff 'hard man' doing the Ray Winston act for a Spanish BET365 advert.

No idea who the bloke was.

Reyes Winston. Probably.

El Hoofo.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024