Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical for you 12:42 - Oct 26 with 2284 viewsHalf_Idiot

Not sure if something like this has already been posted.

Mick leaves at the end of the season after another uninspiring mid table finish, we get a manager from the lower divisions or abroad who sees this as a good opportunity to progress their career. Still little funding by ME but they manager gets us playing reasonably attractive football, but unfortunately we get relegated with a handful of games to play, however we do take 4 points from Norwich.

Would you be OK with this?
Hypothetical for you on 12:44 - Oct 26 with 2265 viewsArcher4721

Well everyone on here was ecstatic that we got beat 3-2 Leeds a few weeks ago so I'd imagine many would be fine with it.
Hypothetical for you on 12:47 - Oct 26 with 2250 viewsconnorscontract

Does the fourth point against Norwich come on the last day of the season when we're already down but they need a win to stay up?
Hypothetical for you on 12:55 - Oct 26 with 2225 viewsGavTWTD

No, why would "reasonably attractive football" be worth getting relegated for.

It wouldn't progress any manager's career being relegated.

Norwich are irrelevant in the scheme of things. A good season isn't determined by the number of points we take off them. Just as well really.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Hypothetical for you on 13:00 - Oct 26 with 2198 viewsWeWereZombies

I don't think so. We 'plucked' Burley from a lower division and then got relegated but eventually got in back into the Premiership but only for a couple of seasons before the wheels fell off. Not likely given our current set up but we need a manager who turns us into a footballing force again (much like Sean Dyche has done for Burnley). Do not see any point in a gamble with relegation to League One, it may be fanciful to want promotion and a long stay in the Premier League but what is the point of being in the game if you have no desire to win?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Hypothetical for you on 13:03 - Oct 26 with 2186 viewsBOjK

This is such a daft question, I wonder if your username understates things somewhat.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Hypothetical for you on 13:07 - Oct 26 with 2175 viewsTJS

I would not be happy with getting relegated but I would rather take my chances with this than for the club to just continue being paralysed by the fear of not having MM as manager.
Hypothetical for you on 13:14 - Oct 26 with 2162 viewsHalf_Idiot

Hypothetical for you on 13:03 - Oct 26 by BOjK

This is such a daft question, I wonder if your username understates things somewhat.

It's a hypothetical question going from what people have been saying over the last few weeks. As somebody said above, the way people were praising the loss against Leeds, it seems they would be content with relegation if we were playing better football.

I for one would not be ok with relegation whatsoever.

I can't see us going anywhere under ME's current investment but can only see us going further into decline once Mick leaves if ME doesn't change anything
Hypothetical for you on 13:30 - Oct 26 with 2128 viewsFtnfwest

Not really as we only get 'reasonably' attractive football. But as with all these scenarios it seems fair enough to assume that mick is the only manager in the world than can keep us in the championship. So that we can go on achieving er whatever it is we're achieving in the championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetical for you on 13:41 - Oct 26 with 2118 viewsVaughan8

Some people just don't get it do they? People want more entertaining football, but not at the cost of going down. The two things are mutually exclusive so we might play better football and be nearer the top!

However, in answer to your question, of course people shouldn't be OK with this. However, getting relegated MIGHT (I know there are some teams who are never to be seen again!) make us regroup a bit and be better for it, instead of plodding along in this league each year. Just for the record, I don't want us to go down
Hypothetical for you on 14:23 - Oct 26 with 2075 viewsJ2BLUE

Hypothetical for you on 13:03 - Oct 26 by BOjK

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024