Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' 14:04 - Oct 26 with 16658 viewstextbackup

What's the fcking point
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 14:18]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:05 - Oct 26 with 7711 viewsBenters

Where did he say that?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:05 - Oct 26 with 7712 viewsJ2BLUE

Did he really say that?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:07 - Oct 26 with 7693 viewsBenters

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:05 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

Did he really say that?

wind up innit?

Gentlybentley

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:08 - Oct 26 with 7691 viewstextbackup

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:05 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

Did he really say that?

UNless the quote from SW on twitter is made up...

He also said about being happy that ME isn't trigger happy, but that works both ways as he's had a small budget and done a good job (loves getting that one in - he'll open up his next job interview with that)

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:09 - Oct 26 with 7652 viewsBenters

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:08 - Oct 26 by textbackup

He also said about being happy that ME isn't trigger happy, but that works both ways as he's had a small budget and done a good job (loves getting that one in - he'll open up his next job interview with that)

Oh ffs noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gentlybentley

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:10 - Oct 26 with 7643 viewsDarth_Koont

What on earth was wrong with that? Did you even watch the press conference?

Pronouns: He/Him

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:11 - Oct 26 with 7626 viewsSomethingBlue

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:08 - Oct 26 by textbackup

I think people in football — good sensible people too, probably ones you admire — would agree about the job he's done. But this contract business is not going to do anyone any good, I absolutely agree. If the season looks like bottoming out by Christmas I'd much rather we made a change early.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:12 - Oct 26 with 7609 viewsArcher4721

Well that's what normal people who are good at their jobs decide every day of the week.
Login to get fewer ads

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:13 - Oct 26 with 7591 viewstextbackup

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:10 - Oct 26 by Darth_Koont

What's wrong with him picking and choosing if he wants to stay or go? Oh I don't know mate, maybe because this is exactly what the problem is, an owner who just couldn't give a fck and a manager that will probably stay out and again see us sit about 15/16/17. But hey, don't you for one second imagine life could be anything but that. We are lucky to have him

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:14 - Oct 26 with 7577 viewsJ2BLUE

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:13 - Oct 26 by textbackup

What's wrong with him picking and choosing if he wants to stay or go? Oh I don't know mate, maybe because this is exactly what the problem is, an owner who just couldn't give a fck and a manager that will probably stay out and again see us sit about 15/16/17. But hey, don't you for one second imagine life could be anything but that. We are lucky to have him

Did he mean if he was offered the extension or that it has been left up to him?

Truly impaired.

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:17 - Oct 26 with 7536 viewsDarth_Koont

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:13 - Oct 26 by textbackup

He's not saying that.

And he said immediately that the contract signing is only an issue if he gets that far. His point, in context, was that if there's a contract in front of him then it's his decision alone to sign it - and he won't even have to explain it to anyone else. That's what he meant when he said that would be nice.

It's stupid getting angry over what you think people said and why they said it.

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:17 - Oct 26 with 7531 viewstextbackup

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:11 - Oct 26 by SomethingBlue

I think people in football — good sensible people too, probably ones you admire — would agree about the job he's done. But this contract business is not going to do anyone any good, I absolutely agree. If the season looks like bottoming out by Christmas I'd much rather we made a change early.

Right, I was incredibly happy he kept us up, the season after gave me hope and playoff season (up until Jan/Feb) was great. We were everything we'd not been in a long time. Cracks started to appear IMO, and after the playoff lose it's gone terribly downhill.
So yes, for 2.5 seasons I was happy, but it's gone too far now.
As I said the other day, he'll sit around here until June, then if he goes we appoint in July, leaving no time for a new man to do sod all.
Get rid before Xmas and see where we go from there, so someone can get time to work with the players, give a new man the time to improve what MM is currently not improving

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:19 - Oct 26 with 7481 viewstextbackup

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:17 - Oct 26 by Darth_Koont

He's not saying that.

And he said immediately that the contract signing is only an issue if he gets that far. His point, in context, was that if there's a contract in front of him then it's his decision alone to sign it - and he won't even have to explain it to anyone else. That's what he meant when he said that would be nice.

It's stupid getting angry over what you think people said and why they said it.

Na, fck him.

'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' on 14:19 - Oct 26 with 7473 viewsJ2BLUE

Your edit has changed the entire nature of this thread!

Truly impaired.

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:20 - Oct 26 with 7454 viewsDarth_Koont

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:19 - Oct 26 by textbackup

Na, fck him.

Smart.

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:32 - Oct 26 with 7371 viewsIllinoisblue

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:12 - Oct 26 by Archer4721

Well that's what normal people who are good at their jobs decide every day of the week.

budgie still here?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:35 - Oct 26 with 7328 viewsSwn98

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:10 - Oct 26 by Darth_Koont

Another stick to beat mm with
'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' on 14:36 - Oct 26 with 7319 viewschicoazul

To be fair, in context in the interview it comes off a lot better. He is basically saying that if the club take the option up on him he will decide to take it or not. Although quite how that works I dont know as I believe that if we have an option on *players* and we take it up then the players are bound to us. Happy to be corrected on this btw.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' on 14:37 - Oct 26 with 7312 viewsArnieM

Oh, do us all a favour and just piss of McCarthy!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' on 14:38 - Oct 26 with 7313 viewsGavTWTD

All he said was if he's offered an extenstion, it's not a given that he'll sign it. Seemed quite negative on that point, ie. he wouldn't sign it. That's how I heard it anyway.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' on 14:42 - Oct 26 with 7268 viewsArcher4721

'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' on 14:36 - Oct 26 by chicoazul

To be fair, in context in the interview it comes off a lot better. He is basically saying that if the club take the option up on him he will decide to take it or not. Although quite how that works I dont know as I believe that if we have an option on *players* and we take it up then the players are bound to us. Happy to be corrected on this btw.

You got it all wrong as usual.

Well done.
'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:42 - Oct 26 with 7266 viewsbluehook

Only a darth koont would watch that dullard spouting his trite rubbish.
'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' on 14:43 - Oct 26 with 7251 viewsDarth_Koont

'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' on 14:38 - Oct 26 by GavTWTD

All he said was if he's offered an extenstion, it's not a given that he'll sign it. Seemed quite negative on that point, ie. he wouldn't sign it. That's how I heard it anyway.

For me it was much more that it'd be his decision (if he's allowed to get that far and a contract's in front of him) and wouldn't have to be drawn into explaining if he's going to sign it, why he's going to sign it/not sign it and so on.

'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' on 14:44 - Oct 26 with 7245 viewsArcher4721

'If offered a contract I'll decide if I sign it - isn't that nice' on 14:38 - Oct 26 by GavTWTD

Once again people not listening to what the bloke actually said.

It's really tiresome.
'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:46 - Oct 26 with 7220 viewsArcher4721

'I'll decide if I sign the new contract - isn't that nice' on 14:32 - Oct 26 by Illinoisblue

budgie still here?

What's up petal?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024