Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red Dwarf - opinions? 19:15 - Oct 26 with 3929 viewsJ2BLUE

I've watched the first two series and i'm undecided. I think i'm edging towards liking it.

I do hate fictional slang though.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 21:33]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 19:17 - Oct 26 with 3923 viewsSpruceMoose

You must be younger than I thought. Not seen it for years. Suspect I might feel that it goes in the 'of it's time' category but the Rimmer and his zimmer song episode is making me laugh thinking about it now though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 19:32 - Oct 26 with 3892 viewsFtnfwest

Keep going, 3,4 and 5 are the best
Red Dwarf - opinions? on 19:55 - Oct 26 with 3861 viewsSmithy

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 19:32 - Oct 26 by Ftnfwest

Keep going, 3,4 and 5 are the best

Concur with that, 5 and 6 for me, current series on Dave has actually been really good

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 19:59 - Oct 26 with 3850 viewsjeera

Series.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 21:23 - Oct 26 with 3784 viewsJ2BLUE

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 19:59 - Oct 26 by jeera

Series.

Yes, apologies.

Truly impaired.

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 23:38 - Oct 26 with 3707 viewsStokieBlue

All the original series are superb up to number 6 (lower series tend to be better).

Some shockers after that but the recent Dave paid-for episodes are pretty good.

The originals are some extremely fine comedy, miles better than most things on TV nowadays - you've gone some brilliant episodes to come.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 23:39 - Oct 26 with 3703 viewsStokieBlue

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 19:17 - Oct 26 by SpruceMoose

You must be younger than I thought. Not seen it for years. Suspect I might feel that it goes in the 'of it's time' category but the Rimmer and his zimmer song episode is making me laugh thinking about it now though.

It's still brilliant, watch some on Netflix - it's aged brilliantly considering. Often here the other half chuckling away if I have it on and she's never seen it - just hears it in the background.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 08:45 - Oct 27 with 3627 viewshomer_123

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 23:38 - Oct 26 by StokieBlue

All the original series are superb up to number 6 (lower series tend to be better).

The originals are some extremely fine comedy, miles better than most things on TV nowadays - you've gone some brilliant episodes to come.

SB

LISTER: What's a purple alert?
HOLLY: Well, not as bad as a red alert, but a bit worse than a blue alert. Like a mauve alert.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 08:50 - Oct 27 with 3618 viewsRIPbobby

I always enjoyed series 1. In my opinion possibly the best scripted of them all. The original holly was just brilliant. A slightly 'can't be bothered ' type of computer that moved the story along well. As much as I like kryten, he takes away the use of holly.

I always love the queeg episode. April, may, june and July fool. Lol
Red Dwarf - opinions? on 10:36 - Oct 27 with 3555 viewsJ2BLUE

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 23:39 - Oct 26 by StokieBlue

It's still brilliant, watch some on Netflix - it's aged brilliantly considering. Often here the other half chuckling away if I have it on and she's never seen it - just hears it in the background.

SB

Ahh good to know it's on Netflix, cheers. I've been watching on Dave on demand but they don't have series three for some reason so my watching has stalled. I'll sign up to Netflix.

I watched the first episode of Royle Family yesterday. I won't be bothering with that again...harsh to judge on one episode but it was exactly what I thought it would be like based on the little snippets i've seen in the past.

I'm addicted to Blackadder at the moment. I must have watched Blackadder Goes Forth about 5 times in the last 18 months. Quality tv.

Truly impaired.

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 13:22 - Oct 27 with 3494 viewsTJS

I loved that one where Rimmer was describing to Lister what he looked like in the distant future (a brain in a jar)
Lister: Oh god I've put on loads of weight haven't I
Rimmer: On the contrary Listy - you've lost weight. In fact you've lost quite a bit of everything !
Red Dwarf - opinions? on 13:26 - Oct 27 with 3488 viewsblue_oyster

You hate fictional slang? Oh do naff off.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 14:06 - Oct 27 with 3457 viewsclive_baker

Utter shag, can't believe it was so popular.

Makes the Brittas Empire look well written.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 14:20 - Oct 27 with 3437 viewspoppiesman

Without doubt one of the best comedies of all time.
Loving the brand new series on Dave too.
Also watching repeats, much like Only Fools n Horses, they never get boring, unlike some comedies that can only watch once.
Red Dwarf - opinions? on 15:11 - Oct 27 with 3399 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Red Dwarf - opinions? on 23:38 - Oct 26 by StokieBlue

SB

After either series 5 or 6 the writers that created the series (Grant Naylor I think) stopped writing them and they were terrible after that. The origianal ones are quite good though
Red Dwarf - opinions? on 19:50 - Oct 27 with 3320 viewsjas0999

The older ones are the best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024