Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
academy departure- FAO Phil 16:38 - Oct 27 with 4186 viewshaughleyblue74

I heard today that academy head of recruitment Steve Mcgavin is on gardening leave as he is going to Norwich academy in the same role but on a lot higher salary. Shame if its the case as player recruitment in the academy had been good in recent times, heard anything Phil??
academy departure- FAO Phil on 16:39 - Oct 27 with 4153 viewsSpruceMoose

Thought Norwich had mothballed their academy?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

academy departure- FAO Phil on 17:02 - Oct 27 with 4086 viewsSWGF

academy departure- FAO Phil on 16:39 - Oct 27 by SpruceMoose

Thought Norwich had mothballed their academy?

They were certainly restructuring it, what with the departure of our dear friend, Huckerby.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

academy departure- FAO Phil on 12:57 - Oct 31 with 3660 viewshaughleyblue74

Spot on with this one , will keep you all updated on any more rumours from playford rd ;)
academy departure- FAO Phil on 13:04 - Oct 31 with 3631 viewsPhilTWTD

academy departure- FAO Phil on 12:57 - Oct 31 by haughleyblue74

Spot on with this one , will keep you all updated on any more rumours from playford rd ;)

Ha, if I'd have seen your post I'd have checked it out and run it then. Well done! Feel free to pass on any further gossip!

This post has been edited by an administrator
academy departure- FAO Phil on 13:55 - Oct 31 with 3398 viewshaughleyblue74

academy departure- FAO Phil on 13:04 - Oct 31 by PhilTWTD

Ha, if I'd have seen your post I'd have checked it out and run it then. Well done! Feel free to pass on any further gossip!

This post has been edited by an administrator

The person who told me said the club were very concerned about scouts, coaches and young players who Mcgavin knows going with him, hopefully Klug and O'Neil can steady the ship.
academy departure- FAO Phil on 14:00 - Oct 31 with 3366 viewsPhilTWTD

academy departure- FAO Phil on 13:55 - Oct 31 by haughleyblue74

The person who told me said the club were very concerned about scouts, coaches and young players who Mcgavin knows going with him, hopefully Klug and O'Neil can steady the ship.

From the quote in their statement I think the plan is to restructure the scouting side of things. There is always a danger of that happening when a member of staff moves on, but Town is probably seen as the better bet of the two academies at present, hence Norwich's overall restructure. I would be surprised if they remain at Cat One for very much longer - costs are being cut apparently - unless they're promoted this season.
academy departure- FAO Phil on 14:02 - Oct 31 with 3357 viewsSpruceMoose

academy departure- FAO Phil on 14:00 - Oct 31 by PhilTWTD

From the quote in their statement I think the plan is to restructure the scouting side of things. There is always a danger of that happening when a member of staff moves on, but Town is probably seen as the better bet of the two academies at present, hence Norwich's overall restructure. I would be surprised if they remain at Cat One for very much longer - costs are being cut apparently - unless they're promoted this season.

"I think the plan is to restructure the scouting side of things"

As in, do some scouting?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

academy departure- FAO Phil on 14:30 - Oct 31 with 3267 viewshaughleyblue74

academy departure- FAO Phil on 14:02 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

"I think the plan is to restructure the scouting side of things"

As in, do some scouting?

Given the current crop of players coming through I think that's a tad unfair!
Login to get fewer ads

academy departure- FAO Phil on 15:14 - Oct 31 with 3151 viewsjwitfc

Steve Weaver the new head of Norwich City Academy was a scout at Ipswich from 2014-2016 so he obviously knows people who work there and has an idea of the ones that he would like to take to Norwich
[Post edited 31 Oct 2017 15:15]
academy departure- FAO Phil on 15:19 - Oct 31 with 3133 viewsPhilTWTD

academy departure- FAO Phil on 14:30 - Oct 31 by haughleyblue74

Given the current crop of players coming through I think that's a tad unfair!

Indeed, knowing Steve fairly well I know he spent an awful lot of time travelling and watching players, forging links, such as with clubs in Paris last season which led to the recruitment of Idris El Mizouni and Lounes Foudil this summer. Will be a loss and difficult to replace. We'll see players he recruited coming through for many years to come.
academy departure- FAO Phil on 16:09 - Oct 31 with 3037 viewsHARRY10

academy departure- FAO Phil on 15:19 - Oct 31 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, knowing Steve fairly well I know he spent an awful lot of time travelling and watching players, forging links, such as with clubs in Paris last season which led to the recruitment of Idris El Mizouni and Lounes Foudil this summer. Will be a loss and difficult to replace. We'll see players he recruited coming through for many years to come.

I should imagine that we will locate a promising scout from the lower leagues who wants to step up ... that's how it works.
academy departure- FAO Phil on 16:20 - Oct 31 with 3001 viewsPhilTWTD

academy departure- FAO Phil on 16:09 - Oct 31 by HARRY10

I should imagine that we will locate a promising scout from the lower leagues who wants to step up ... that's how it works.

You may well be right, or someone who has been in a less senior scouting role at another bigger club after a step up, of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024