Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... 21:36 - Oct 28 with 5930 viewsSitfcB

...surely he wouldn't be in the squad? Or even at Ipswich at all??

Bizarre.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 21:39 - Oct 28 with 5916 viewsJohnny_Boy

Both won't be here next season. Stop worrying about it & enjoy the 3pts.
If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 21:40 - Oct 28 with 5893 viewsRyorry

Could he be carrying a knock that MM's keeping stum about, hence not bringing him on till desperately needed?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 21:40 - Oct 28 with 5896 viewsTrequartista

I don't think he hates him, it's just he tried a stepover in his own half and that's an automatic benching for four games.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 21:47 - Oct 28 with 5898 viewsSitfcB

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 21:39 - Oct 28 by Johnny_Boy

I've tried to enjoy it but all the moaning and point scoring has somewhat soured it.

I think it's clear now that MM won't be here come next season, I hope even the most staunchest Mick 'hater' looks back at his time at ITFC with fondness as we've had some great moments over the last five years.

I do deep down think he's taken us as far as he can and maybe a change, come the end of the season could be good, but on the other hand I worry that the grass isn't always greener and things could go pretty downhill.

Would be good if people could just support the team for the season, forget MM if you have to and let the season flow, him going mid-season would, in my opinion, be very detrimental to us.

With regards as to where we are at the moment (10th - one point off 6th), although they won't admit it, many are probably surprised as a lot expected us to be fighting relegation!

[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 21:51]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 21:54 - Oct 28 with 5834 viewsGarv

Replace the word Celina with the words 'taking a risk'.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:02 - Oct 28 with 5818 viewsjeera

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 21:39 - Oct 28 by Johnny_Boy

Pfft.

Celina take a bow...... by Johnny_Boy 28 Oct 2017 20:16
It's quite odd. According to some Mick diehards yesterday Celina wasn't good enough. Shouldn't start, or be anywhere near the team.

Amazing what a last minute winner can do.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:06 - Oct 28 with 5798 viewsPendejo

Neither JB, it's neither not both

Sind sie allein in Berlin?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:07 - Oct 28 with 5781 viewsJohnny_Boy

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:02 - Oct 28 by jeera

Pfft.

Celina take a bow...... by Johnny_Boy 28 Oct 2017 20:16
It's quite odd. According to some Mick diehards yesterday Celina wasn't good enough. Shouldn't start, or be anywhere near the team.

Amazing what a last minute winner can do.

*whistles*
Login to get fewer ads

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:10 - Oct 28 with 5760 viewsRyorry

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:07 - Oct 28 by Johnny_Boy

*whistles*

"Jack Charlton once asked Sir Alf why he picked him as there were better centre halves around. Sir Alf told him "I pick the best team. Not necessarily the best players." "

Well said StourbridgeBlue in linked thread.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:12 - Oct 28 with 5735 viewsJohnny_Boy

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:06 - Oct 28 by Pendejo

Neither JB, it's neither not both

Sind sie allein in Berlin?

Ja alles gut!

How was the game? Safe journey back home I presume.
If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:53 - Oct 28 with 5670 viewsfactual_blue

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:10 - Oct 28 by Ryorry

"Jack Charlton once asked Sir Alf why he picked him as there were better centre halves around. Sir Alf told him "I pick the best team. Not necessarily the best players." "

Well said StourbridgeBlue in linked thread.

Geoff Hurst as he leaves the Wembley dressing room : 'See you at the next game, Alf'.

Alf Ramsey: 'If you're selected Geoffrey, if you're selected'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:59 - Oct 28 with 5668 viewsSuperfrans

The weird thing about all this is that Mick is doing exactly what Man City will be wanting him to do, they will be delighted.

Celina is clearly a highly talented kid, but there’s something about him which threatens to undermine that. There’s an arrogance about him, which makes him want to do the extraordinary - but also means he’s not as grounded as he should be. He’s not a world beater yet, he could be a big big player, but needs to learn that he’s one part of a team and show a little humility.

His goal was great, one of those amazing moments in football, coming so soon after the chants for him to come on. But, while the shirt chucking, barechested celebration was pretty amusing, I could personally have done without the Ronaldo posing. And, you know, I bet Guardiola would have likes it as little as McCarthy would have done too.

Unfortunately, the hero worship of a player who has barely played a couple of hundred minutes for us won’t help keep him grounded - and won’t help us get the best out of him.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 02:58 - Oct 29 with 5506 viewsbluesym

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 22:59 - Oct 28 by Superfrans

The weird thing about all this is that Mick is doing exactly what Man City will be wanting him to do, they will be delighted.

Celina is clearly a highly talented kid, but there’s something about him which threatens to undermine that. There’s an arrogance about him, which makes him want to do the extraordinary - but also means he’s not as grounded as he should be. He’s not a world beater yet, he could be a big big player, but needs to learn that he’s one part of a team and show a little humility.

His goal was great, one of those amazing moments in football, coming so soon after the chants for him to come on. But, while the shirt chucking, barechested celebration was pretty amusing, I could personally have done without the Ronaldo posing. And, you know, I bet Guardiola would have likes it as little as McCarthy would have done too.

Unfortunately, the hero worship of a player who has barely played a couple of hundred minutes for us won’t help keep him grounded - and won’t help us get the best out of him.

Can you name some examples of his so called arrogance please?

As for the celebration-good on him.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 06:07 - Oct 29 with 5456 viewsLeoMuff

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 02:58 - Oct 29 by bluesym

Can you name some examples of his so called arrogance please?

As for the celebration-good on him.

His twitter posts and likes of anti MM posts is pretty arrogant, he knows the club wouldn’t like it but doesn’t care.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 06:15 - Oct 29 with 5447 viewspowinswitch

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 06:07 - Oct 29 by LeoMuff

His twitter posts and likes of anti MM posts is pretty arrogant, he knows the club wouldn’t like it but doesn’t care.

Individuals react differently to given situations. Mick will know that, and we have got 4 goals from him, so we are getting a good return on his minutes on the pitch. The argument is will we get better if he gets more or perhaps is he better than the other options used. Say Freddie Sears or Kevin Bru. Just as examples. There are others who I could choose.
If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 07:08 - Oct 29 with 5370 viewstextbackup

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 21:47 - Oct 28 by SitfcB

I've tried to enjoy it but all the moaning and point scoring has somewhat soured it.

I think it's clear now that MM won't be here come next season, I hope even the most staunchest Mick 'hater' looks back at his time at ITFC with fondness as we've had some great moments over the last five years.

I do deep down think he's taken us as far as he can and maybe a change, come the end of the season could be good, but on the other hand I worry that the grass isn't always greener and things could go pretty downhill.

Would be good if people could just support the team for the season, forget MM if you have to and let the season flow, him going mid-season would, in my opinion, be very detrimental to us.

With regards as to where we are at the moment (10th - one point off 6th), although they won't admit it, many are probably surprised as a lot expected us to be fighting relegation!

[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 21:51]

I'm massively surprised we are 10th, but then on closer inspection you look who we've played and beaten to accumulate those points, then see the teams we've lost to (all above us, or not completely sht/empty of confidence) if we start to beat teams around us then I might actually have a bit more respect for MM/TC, but as it is I just seen them stuck for ideas when it matters.

worrying it could go downhill is something you cant do mate, because imagine the decent group of players we have, with the chains taken off, given the freedom to play, not sent out with the message to defend first. I'm not saying we'll win the league, but as a fan wont it be better to watch (providing ME the tit makes the right appointment)

its hard to forget about MM, he makes everything about him, proof in the pudding his comments after the game. I couldn't careless that he said them from a personal point of view, but for the purpose of what you want to see, it just wont happen when he acts like a child.

if/when he goes in May i'll think fondly back on the first half of that PO season, anything after that went downhill badly, and i'll be relieved that hes gone.
because I don't feel he's done this great job that people talk of, he's like the girlfriend you had that was a bit dirty for a while then only w*nked you off once every couple of months for the following 3 years, never going above and beyond to truly please you, just doing enough to make it semi bearable.

as always i'll support the team, but he gets nothing.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 7:22]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 08:21 - Oct 29 with 5301 viewsBlueAllOver

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 06:15 - Oct 29 by powinswitch

Individuals react differently to given situations. Mick will know that, and we have got 4 goals from him, so we are getting a good return on his minutes on the pitch. The argument is will we get better if he gets more or perhaps is he better than the other options used. Say Freddie Sears or Kevin Bru. Just as examples. There are others who I could choose.

Amongst all the hysteria regarding Mick & Celina, it should be pointed out that Kevin Bru had a positive impact on the game, put his foot on the ball and picked out good forward passes. Good substitutions all round from Mick after a disappointing first half performance, certainly not helped by the windy conditions.

COYB!
If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 08:39 - Oct 29 with 5279 viewssolemio

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 08:21 - Oct 29 by BlueAllOver

Amongst all the hysteria regarding Mick & Celina, it should be pointed out that Kevin Bru had a positive impact on the game, put his foot on the ball and picked out good forward passes. Good substitutions all round from Mick after a disappointing first half performance, certainly not helped by the windy conditions.

COYB!

If it was as windy at Burton as it was at Saracens rugby then it was a factor. Owen Farrell missed four successive place kicks at goal - unheard of, and due largely to the wind.
If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 08:47 - Oct 29 with 5265 viewsEly_Blue

I don’t know about that, I mean Kevin “he has no place in my plans” Bru made it onto the bench again and came on ahead of Celina

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 08:51 - Oct 29 with 5255 viewsitfcjoe

People can work with people they don't get on with and like.

There is a clear clash between Mick and Celina, but if he starts playing regularly BC will be happy enough.

I think it's time to give him a bit of a run, Sears so out of sorts and Waggy doesn't do enough out wide fore me - but has earned a chance in the middle

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 08:57 - Oct 29 with 5241 viewsSomethingBlue

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 08:47 - Oct 29 by Ely_Blue

I don’t know about that, I mean Kevin “he has no place in my plans” Bru made it onto the bench again and came on ahead of Celina

Nah, try harder with that one. In Bru's case a midfielder came on for a midfielder. We were top-heavy with forwards already; Celina for Bru was not a viable substitution to make!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 08:58 - Oct 29 with 5231 viewsLeoMuff

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 07:08 - Oct 29 by textbackup

I'm massively surprised we are 10th, but then on closer inspection you look who we've played and beaten to accumulate those points, then see the teams we've lost to (all above us, or not completely sht/empty of confidence) if we start to beat teams around us then I might actually have a bit more respect for MM/TC, but as it is I just seen them stuck for ideas when it matters.

worrying it could go downhill is something you cant do mate, because imagine the decent group of players we have, with the chains taken off, given the freedom to play, not sent out with the message to defend first. I'm not saying we'll win the league, but as a fan wont it be better to watch (providing ME the tit makes the right appointment)

its hard to forget about MM, he makes everything about him, proof in the pudding his comments after the game. I couldn't careless that he said them from a personal point of view, but for the purpose of what you want to see, it just wont happen when he acts like a child.

if/when he goes in May i'll think fondly back on the first half of that PO season, anything after that went downhill badly, and i'll be relieved that hes gone.
because I don't feel he's done this great job that people talk of, he's like the girlfriend you had that was a bit dirty for a while then only w*nked you off once every couple of months for the following 3 years, never going above and beyond to truly please you, just doing enough to make it semi bearable.

as always i'll support the team, but he gets nothing.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 7:22]

You were negative when we lost our first game this season, despite winning the first 4.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 09:00 - Oct 29 with 5229 viewstextbackup

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 08:57 - Oct 29 by SomethingBlue

Nah, try harder with that one. In Bru's case a midfielder came on for a midfielder. We were top-heavy with forwards already; Celina for Bru was not a viable substitution to make!

Would you not have rather seen Downes on? Ahead of a bloke that didn't even get a squad number - in MMs words, I have better and playing KB would be a step backwards

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 09:03 - Oct 29 with 5216 viewsSomethingBlue

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 09:00 - Oct 29 by textbackup

Would you not have rather seen Downes on? Ahead of a bloke that didn't even get a squad number - in MMs words, I have better and playing KB would be a step backwards

Personally yes but I don't doubt Mick's commitment to Nydam and Downes — it's pretty evident and there will be occasions that aren't for them. It worked in the end and Bru played a part in one of the goals. Don't forget we are still missing our two midfield signings from the summer and having to improvise a bit.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 9:04]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 09:10 - Oct 29 with 5185 viewstextbackup

If Mick hated Celina as much as some people say he does... on 08:58 - Oct 29 by LeoMuff

You were negative when we lost our first game this season, despite winning the first 4.

Don't think you'll find I was, but thanks anyway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024