Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... 18:53 - Oct 29 with 5757 viewsDarth_Koont

We played awful yesterday, certainly in the first half. But we at least got a foothold in the game and in the end we got on top of the conditions and the opposition even before Celina's winner. It still wasn't great but it was a gutsy performance, and the reaction and togetherness of the team at the end was really encouraging to see.

We're still lacking in the midfield without Adeyemi or Huws. Get one back if not both and we already look a much stronger side. Add that to our attackers who have been creating chances for themselves and taking them plus a defence that is finally settling in and we're starting to look a much stronger unit. Not to mention tougher competition for our rivals in the top half.

It's been a strange, up-and-down and injury-interrupted season so far. As we get nearer to our first XI with Adeyemi and/or Huws - and our younger members of the squad get to take a break with matches under their belt - I don't see why we can't push on.

Pronouns: He/Him

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 18:56 - Oct 29 with 5152 viewscatch74

Hope you're right.
Funny - there's three teams with no draws, Sheff U, Notts Forest and us - just need to win a few more against the top teams, let's start on Tuesday. Agree that we really do need Huws fit and Adeyemi.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 18:59 - Oct 29 with 5128 viewsazuremerlangus

Agree with your optimism - from what I have seen in the last 2 matches we need a settled and strong central midfield.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:01 - Oct 29 with 5123 viewsDarth_Koont

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 18:56 - Oct 29 by catch74

Hope you're right.
Funny - there's three teams with no draws, Sheff U, Notts Forest and us - just need to win a few more against the top teams, let's start on Tuesday. Agree that we really do need Huws fit and Adeyemi.

Without a first-choice midfield, Mick's gone for broke with 3 or 4 attackers most games. It's a calculated risk and certainly helped us win a few but also means we're pretty disjointed and shapeless when we're not playing well.

I'd definitely take a few draws if it means we start joining up our play a little more.

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:07 - Oct 29 with 5091 viewsLankHenners

Looking at the fixtures I think we're gonna find it tough to pick up many points from the away games, but lots of chances for all 3 at home.

If we can get a settled, balanced side playing then we have a chance of a good haul (as it is we'll probably pick up roughly half the points available and stay upper-mid-table as we are now).

Adeyemi/Huws back and fit will be a massive boost. Mick needs to decide what to do with our forward line. Waghorn needs to play through the centre - we're too unbalanced with him out right and Spence/Iorfa haven't been playing well enough to deal with that side on their own (in contrast to Knudsen who is equally exposed but has been a very solid performer). McGoldrick is wasted when he's shoved out wide as well, but to play both then you need to drop Garner, something I feel Mick is unprepared to do as without a battler like him up top we could struggle.

For all the hysterical doom and gloom we're still in a decent position (better than a lot of the whingers predicted), so hopefully we can try and keep pace with an outside chance of sneaking a bit higher up the table. I still think that's unlikely as the league's better teams do look, well, better than us so far when we've played them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:08 - Oct 29 with 5088 viewsm14_blue

Certainly hope you're right but can't say I share your optimism.

Great result yesterday but against a very poor team. We have an incredibly tough run of games coming up, particularly away from home, and I think we'll have to improve dramatically on anything we've shown this season to emerge in credit.

The midfielders coming back should make a difference but even so if we're top half by Christmas we'll have done blooming well.
I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:15 - Oct 29 with 5054 viewsDarth_Koont

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:08 - Oct 29 by m14_blue

Certainly hope you're right but can't say I share your optimism.

Great result yesterday but against a very poor team. We have an incredibly tough run of games coming up, particularly away from home, and I think we'll have to improve dramatically on anything we've shown this season to emerge in credit.

The midfielders coming back should make a difference but even so if we're top half by Christmas we'll have done blooming well.

Well, we haven't done that well against the better sides this season anyway so plenty of room for improvement.

Agreed that Burton weren't great shakes but still an encouraging battle to come out the other side with 3 points.

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:17 - Oct 29 with 5044 viewsm14_blue

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:15 - Oct 29 by Darth_Koont

Well, we haven't done that well against the better sides this season anyway so plenty of room for improvement.

Agreed that Burton weren't great shakes but still an encouraging battle to come out the other side with 3 points.

Agreed.

Maybe in a few months time we'll be looking back at this as the turning point.

I think in our play off season a home defeat to Norwich was followed by a great run...?
I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:19 - Oct 29 with 5033 viewstextbackup

hope you're right, but from watching us the last 2 years I'm not sure I share your optimism. The games coming up I struggle to see 10-12 points if I'm totally honest

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:25 - Oct 29 with 4997 viewsDarth_Koont

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:17 - Oct 29 by m14_blue

Agreed.

Maybe in a few months time we'll be looking back at this as the turning point.

I think in our play off season a home defeat to Norwich was followed by a great run...?

I just had a look and yes, it was a good run then followed by a mini-slump in October. November and December were very, very good though and coincided with us playing a pretty much full strength team.

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:30 - Oct 29 with 4975 viewsDarth_Koont

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:19 - Oct 29 by textbackup

hope you're right, but from watching us the last 2 years I'm not sure I share your optimism. The games coming up I struggle to see 10-12 points if I'm totally honest

We're by no stretch the same team from the past 2 years though. Not full strength anyway.

Bialkowski
Spence
Chambers
Webster
Knudsen
Skuse
Adeyemi
Huws
Waghorn
McGoldrick
Garner

With Celina, Ward, Smith, Nydam, Downes challenging on form and/or subbing in, I'd like to see that team together for a number of games. The extra strength in midfield alone would make us look radically different.

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:29 - Oct 29 with 4865 viewstextbackup

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 19:30 - Oct 29 by Darth_Koont

We're by no stretch the same team from the past 2 years though. Not full strength anyway.

Bialkowski
Spence
Chambers
Webster
Knudsen
Skuse
Adeyemi
Huws
Waghorn
McGoldrick
Garner

With Celina, Ward, Smith, Nydam, Downes challenging on form and/or subbing in, I'd like to see that team together for a number of games. The extra strength in midfield alone would make us look radically different.

I'd love to see huws adeymi and nydam/downes in that midfield together, skuse coming on later in games when we've taken the lead and holding on a bit

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:45 - Oct 29 with 4823 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:29 - Oct 29 by textbackup

I'd love to see huws adeymi and nydam/downes in that midfield together, skuse coming on later in games when we've taken the lead and holding on a bit

I think there are certain games where we don't need Skuse

Some games we do

At home to Bolton.. no need for Skuse.

Away to Bristol City, he's a definite starter in my XI

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:55 - Oct 29 with 4798 viewsWestcountryblue

I share your optimism !

I think a lot rests on Huw's ability to return to full fitness and we also need a bit of luck with Adeyemi who adds a real physical presence to our midfield. If we can get Bishop fit and back on the bench i think that would also add a more dynamic, forward thinking option off the bench.

Webster needs to stay fit and keep on building his match fitness and Smith needs to push the two centre backs.

I do think Mick is somewhat shooting himself in the foot by not utilising Ward and Celina as wide options though, as both add something a little extra to a one dimensional midfield.
I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:57 - Oct 29 with 4786 viewstextbackup

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:45 - Oct 29 by The_Romford_Blue

I think there are certain games where we don't need Skuse

Some games we do

At home to Bolton.. no need for Skuse.

Away to Bristol City, he's a definite starter in my XI

MM's record vs Bristol city whilst here has been very poor, id not use that game as the example to play one of MM's main men

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:59 - Oct 29 with 4773 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:57 - Oct 29 by textbackup

MM's record vs Bristol city whilst here has been very poor, id not use that game as the example to play one of MM's main men

It was a completely random team that were in the top 10

Change it to Cardiff Tuesday if that helps

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:59 - Oct 29 with 4772 viewsDarth_Koont

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:55 - Oct 29 by Westcountryblue

I share your optimism !

I think a lot rests on Huw's ability to return to full fitness and we also need a bit of luck with Adeyemi who adds a real physical presence to our midfield. If we can get Bishop fit and back on the bench i think that would also add a more dynamic, forward thinking option off the bench.

Webster needs to stay fit and keep on building his match fitness and Smith needs to push the two centre backs.

I do think Mick is somewhat shooting himself in the foot by not utilising Ward and Celina as wide options though, as both add something a little extra to a one dimensional midfield.

Agreed. But re: your last point playing Waghorn creates a lot of chances per game.

Never thought I'd say it but the player that might have to watch out is Didzy with Celina given that free role.

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 21:01 - Oct 29 with 4761 viewsPJH

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:59 - Oct 29 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. But re: your last point playing Waghorn creates a lot of chances per game.

Never thought I'd say it but the player that might have to watch out is Didzy with Celina given that free role.

I was thinking that about Didz, he has gone off the boil over the last three games or so and if Celina is to start he would be the one that I would rest at the moment.
I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 21:08 - Oct 29 with 4732 viewsjas0999

We are an average Championship side. Tough games now, so let’s see where we are at Christmas. If same position and just outside the playoffs then I’ll start to have faith. Beating a woeful Burton - after being outplayed doesn’t do it for me.
I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 21:20 - Oct 29 with 4699 viewstextbackup

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 20:55 - Oct 29 by Westcountryblue

I share your optimism !

yeah but if you play them out wide it leaves no option to get a striker as a wideman.

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 21:24 - Oct 29 with 4689 viewsVaughan8

I dont share your optimism. We havent beaten anyone who is fair good this season so most of our games are against the top half sides, it's going to be tough.

So if we are still "2 points off the playoffs with a game.in hand" at the end of the year, it will have been a good 2 months!
I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 21:59 - Oct 29 with 4622 viewstextbackup

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 21:24 - Oct 29 by Vaughan8

I dont share your optimism. We havent beaten anyone who is fair good this season so most of our games are against the top half sides, it's going to be tough.

So if we are still "2 points off the playoffs with a game.in hand" at the end of the year, it will have been a good 2 months!

I really cant see more than 8 points from that lot!

Cardiff City A loss
Sat 4 Nov 3:00pm Preston North End H draw
Sat 18 Nov 3:00pm Hull City A loss
Wed 22 Nov 7:45pm Sheffield Wednesday H win
Sat 25 Nov 3:00pm Aston Villa A loss
Tue 28 Nov 7:45pm Derby County A loss
Sat 2 Dec 3:00pm Nottingham Forest H draw
Sat 9 Dec 3:00pm Middlesbrough A loss
Sat 16 Dec 3:00pm Reading H win
Sat 23 Dec 3:00pm Wolverhampton Wanderers loss

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 22:02 - Oct 29 with 4607 viewscatch74

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 21:59 - Oct 29 by textbackup

I really cant see more than 8 points from that lot!

Cardiff City A loss
Sat 4 Nov 3:00pm Preston North End H draw
Sat 18 Nov 3:00pm Hull City A loss
Wed 22 Nov 7:45pm Sheffield Wednesday H win
Sat 25 Nov 3:00pm Aston Villa A loss
Tue 28 Nov 7:45pm Derby County A loss
Sat 2 Dec 3:00pm Nottingham Forest H draw
Sat 9 Dec 3:00pm Middlesbrough A loss
Sat 16 Dec 3:00pm Reading H win
Sat 23 Dec 3:00pm Wolverhampton Wanderers loss

Read those fixtures and it really does feel like a tough league. Would be lovely if you're wrong but hard to argue with those predictions.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 22:05 - Oct 29 with 4599 viewstextbackup

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 22:02 - Oct 29 by catch74

Read those fixtures and it really does feel like a tough league. Would be lovely if you're wrong but hard to argue with those predictions.

im basing it purely on the "we beat the poor teams, lose to decent ones" then chucked a few draws in there as I couldn't keep writing loss!

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 22:50 - Oct 29 with 4548 viewsWestcountryblue

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 21:24 - Oct 29 by Vaughan8

We've been without arguably our 2 strongest central midfielders for most of the season and Webster, who is probably our most gifted centre back.

I think the return to 'match' fitness of Adeyemi, Huws, Webster, Smith and hopefully even Bishop will really strengthen the core of our side.

I genuinely think that when everybody is fit we have the strength at the back and the firepower to really do some damage in this division.
I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 22:56 - Oct 29 with 4536 viewsVaughan8

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 22:50 - Oct 29 by Westcountryblue

We've been without arguably our 2 strongest central midfielders for most of the season and Webster, who is probably our most gifted centre back.

I think the return to 'match' fitness of Adeyemi, Huws, Webster, Smith and hopefully even Bishop will really strengthen the core of our side.

I genuinely think that when everybody is fit we have the strength at the back and the firepower to really do some damage in this division.

I hope you are right! I just think we are very industrial and we beat these poor teams but the ones with a bit of quality we lose to and aren't good enough.

I think by the end of December we will have a better idea of how good or bad we are!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024