Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things we can all agree are annoying 08:04 - Oct 30 with 9724 viewsm14_blue

When they open a new till at the supermarket just after you've put all your stuff down and some smug old lady swoops straight in without so much as a sideways glance.

People who like dancing at weddings and spend their whole time trying to get people who don't like dancing to go up.
Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:16 - Oct 30 with 7243 viewscaught-in-limbo

finishing 15th in the championship.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:17 - Oct 30 with 7244 viewsMattinLondon

Nail on head - if I really wanted to dance then I would but I don't so leave me alone. And don't smile at me when you try to get me to dance because that makes it worse. I don't want to dance.

And to add to your supermarket frustration- when you're in the self-service queue and someone tries to do their entire monthly shop in that section. Always think that's frustrating.
Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:17 - Oct 30 with 7248 viewsBackToRussia

I agree with those but I've got a feeling people who are inconsiderate queuers and people who love dancing at weddings may disagree with you here.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:19 - Oct 30 with 7231 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who are these odd people who don’t like dancing?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:21 - Oct 30 with 7229 viewsm14_blue

Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:19 - Oct 30 by GlasgowBlue

I'm happy enough to move my feet after a few drinks.

Just don't feel the need to go round the room dragging people out of their seats when they're minding their own business. It's weird. I bet there's some interesting psychology behind it.
Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:25 - Oct 30 with 7222 viewscatch74

I had an incident (Saxmundham Budgens as it was then.)
I had said smug old lady plus husband swoop in front of me with a huge trolley, I had a basket - she even tried to stare me out as she blocked my route off.
I think a staff member must have been watching as I got a tap on the shoulder and was ushered to a newly opened till. The look on old ladies face was priceless ..
Thought you'd like to know, cool story and all that.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:26 - Oct 30 with 7211 viewsBluebell

I'm usually that smug old lady.

I'm joking, I'm usually at the back of the queue!
Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:58 - Oct 30 with 7152 viewsfactual_blue

Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:26 - Oct 30 by Bluebell

I'm usually that smug old lady.

I'm joking, I'm usually at the back of the queue!

You're too hard on yourself Bluebell.

You're not smug.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Things we can all agree are annoying on 09:01 - Oct 30 with 7144 viewshampstead_blue

Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:19 - Oct 30 by GlasgowBlue

I'm one of them. I only dance when the Smiths or Stone Roses are played and I'm half cut.

Much prefer drinking and looking wistfully at the super hot 20 year old bridesmaids

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Things we can all agree are annoying on 09:07 - Oct 30 with 7132 viewsGlasgowBlue

Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:21 - Oct 30 by m14_blue

Just don't feel the need to go round the room dragging people out of their seats when they're minding their own business. It's weird. I bet there's some interesting psychology behind it.

I understand where you are coming from regarding people dragging you out of your seat.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Things we can all agree are annoying on 09:44 - Oct 30 with 7090 viewsgainsboroughblue

That has happened to me untold amounts of times. It's always for a song I bloody hate as well. 'The time of my life' or 'la bamba' or some crap like that. They then grab your arm and attempt to pull it out of it's socket. And when you get up there, the protagonist dances with you for 5 seconds then fecks off to find another victim and leaving you standing there, aimlessly shuffling like a tit.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Things we can all agree are annoying on 10:42 - Oct 30 with 7050 viewspeterleeblue

Things we can all agree are annoying on 09:44 - Oct 30 by gainsboroughblue

That has happened to me untold amounts of times. It's always for a song I bloody hate as well. 'The time of my life' or 'la bamba' or some crap like that. They then grab your arm and attempt to pull it out of it's socket. And when you get up there, the protagonist dances with you for 5 seconds then fecks off to find another victim and leaving you standing there, aimlessly shuffling like a tit.

Or

Come on bl00dy Eilleen
YMCA
F***n Baby Love
Things we can all agree are annoying on 11:04 - Oct 30 with 7020 viewsgainsboroughblue

Things we can all agree are annoying on 10:42 - Oct 30 by peterleeblue

Or

Come on bl00dy Eilleen
YMCA
F***n Baby Love

Dancing Queen
We are Family
Staying Alive

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Things we can all agree are annoying on 11:14 - Oct 30 with 7012 viewsRocky

Remind me not to be invited to the TWTD Grand Ball when it happens.
Miserable old cockwombles.
Things we can all agree are annoying on 12:09 - Oct 30 with 6970 viewsuefacup81

Things we can all agree are annoying on 08:25 - Oct 30 by catch74

I had an incident (Saxmundham Budgens as it was then.)
I had said smug old lady plus husband swoop in front of me with a huge trolley, I had a basket - she even tried to stare me out as she blocked my route off.
I think a staff member must have been watching as I got a tap on the shoulder and was ushered to a newly opened till. The look on old ladies face was priceless ..
Thought you'd like to know, cool story and all that.

What is it with old people and supermarkets.

At Tesco yesterday and a till opened up as I was going to pay. Old woman with no shopping swooped in and declared to all and sundry that her husband would only be 'a couple of minutes'.

Politely explained that I had a basket that would take about two minutes to scan and pack - got a glare, a tut, and a muttered comment about no respect for the elderly...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Things we can all agree are annoying on 12:19 - Oct 30 with 6953 viewsSE1blue

Things we can all agree are annoying on 12:09 - Oct 30 by uefacup81

At Tesco yesterday and a till opened up as I was going to pay. Old woman with no shopping swooped in and declared to all and sundry that her husband would only be 'a couple of minutes'.

Politely explained that I had a basket that would take about two minutes to scan and pack - got a glare, a tut, and a muttered comment about no respect for the elderly...

Old people shouldn't be shopping at the weekend full stop.

They have Monday - Friday to get what they need when the rest of us are at work.

Anyone over pension age should be banned on weekends.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Things we can all agree are annoying on 12:20 - Oct 30 with 6948 viewsSwansea_Blue

Things we can all agree are annoying on 12:09 - Oct 30 by uefacup81

It's the Daily Mail innit. A training manual for how to be a belligerent old b@stard .

Running out of toilet paper and realising there's none within reach....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Things we can all agree are annoying on 12:21 - Oct 30 with 6944 viewsSE1blue

People who say 'my heart melted' after watching something on Facebook.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Things we can all agree are annoying on 12:22 - Oct 30 with 6941 viewsRocky

Things we can all agree are annoying on 12:19 - Oct 30 by SE1blue

They have Monday - Friday to get what they need when the rest of us are at work.

I would ban all men with thinning grey hair and pony tails, especially those wearing red trousers.
Things we can all agree are annoying on 12:27 - Oct 30 with 6928 viewsSarge

Dancing to me is a strange concept that I just don't understand (or like)
Things we can all agree are annoying on 18:06 - Oct 30 with 6814 viewsBackToRussia

Things we can all agree are annoying on 09:44 - Oct 30 by gainsboroughblue

Lol too true.

But it's all our own faults for being in a scenario where that was made possible.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Things we can all agree are annoying on 20:32 - Oct 30 with 6745 viewsbontcho

People who, when they see one long queue for (say) three cash machines assume all those people want the middle one and stand behind one of the side cash machines like they don’t know they’re pushing in.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Things we can all agree are annoying on 20:39 - Oct 30 with 6734 viewsbritbiker

On a similar note. Why do people try to drag me up to dance to their crap 80's songs yet would be offended if I had napalm death playing and tried to drag them up for an air guitar session.

On a different note. Something really petty but still bugs me.
Toothpaste adverts. How come none of the actors have loads of foam dribbling down their chins.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2017 20:40]
Things we can all agree are annoying on 20:47 - Oct 30 with 6711 viewsNewcyBlue

Ex-wives....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Things we can all agree are annoying on 20:54 - Oct 30 with 6705 viewssolemio

Things we can all agree are annoying on 12:19 - Oct 30 by SE1blue

Anyone who says 'on weekends' instead of 'at weekends' should be banned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024