Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sack Him Go Get Grayson 17:01 - Nov 1 with 13642 viewsBriggEnd

Any Thoughts fellow blues ?
Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:03 - Nov 1 with 7032 viewsHerbivore

Sack Mick and bring in Mick Jnr? Seems like a progressive move.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:03 - Nov 1 with 7041 viewsSwailsey

Nope.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:04 - Nov 1 with 7037 viewsSarge

No thanks. I'd be happy if they came in for Mick but not if we replace him with SG.
Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:06 - Nov 1 with 7009 viewsSpruceMoose

Are you insane?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:08 - Nov 1 with 7005 viewsfactual_blue

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:06 - Nov 1 by SpruceMoose

Are you insane?

As he's posting on here, the answer to that question is clearly 'yes'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:09 - Nov 1 with 7000 viewsSuperfrans

Grayson would be my choice.

Been promoted with Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield and Preston. He's also used to working on a shoestring and got Preston playing some nice stuff.

I certainly wouldn't blame him for Sunderland's problems. And, if we don't go for him, he'll emerge somewhere else quickly enough - whoever in the Championship is looking for a manager next, I would expect.

To those who wouldn't want him - why not and who would be better?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 17:09]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:10 - Nov 1 with 6996 viewsSwailsey

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:09 - Nov 1 by Superfrans

Been promoted with Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield and Preston. He's also used to working on a shoestring and got Preston playing some nice stuff.

I certainly wouldn't blame him for Sunderland's problems. And, if we don't go for him, he'll emerge somewhere else quickly enough - whoever in the Championship is looking for a manager next, I would expect.

He doesn't have a reputation for playing the expansive football that is required though?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:10 - Nov 1 with 6984 viewsSuperfrans

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:03 - Nov 1 by Herbivore

Sack Mick and bring in Mick Jnr? Seems like a progressive move.

Because he's from Yorkshire?

Login to get fewer ads

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:11 - Nov 1 with 6979 viewsHerbivore

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:10 - Nov 1 by Superfrans

Because he's from Yorkshire?

Because his teams tend to be based on organisation and graft rather than flair and expansive football.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:12 - Nov 1 with 6997 viewsPhilTWTD

Comes across very well with the press when we've played them as well, for what it's worth. Journalist I was talking to last night has a lot of time for him. I was hoping he'd get sacked by Sunderland nearer the end of the season as I thought he'd be a good successor to Mick, assuming he departs at that point, which I think is almost inevitable now. I suspect SG will get another job before a vacancy comes up here.
on 17:12 - Nov 1 with 6968 views_

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:16 - Nov 1 with 6942 viewsSuperfrans

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:10 - Nov 1 by Swailsey

He doesn't have a reputation for playing the expansive football that is required though?

Does he not? DId you see Preston last season? They looked good to me.

I'll be honest, if we're going to dismiss a relatively young manager like Grayson, with a fantastic promotion track record, ability to work on a budget, bring through youngsters etc, I'm not sure what we're after.

I suspect a lot will say they prefer someone German or otherwise foreign, managing a small overseas club, or a big club's reserve team - that's this season's fashion, after all. But it's very easy to take a massive punt then you're spending someone else's money (ie, Marcus Evans's).

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:17 - Nov 1 with 6952 viewsBriggEnd

Was doing a cracking job at Leeds unlucky to be sacked.
Was doing a cracking job at Preston then jumped ship thinking the grass was greener on the other side.
Sunderland well they are in serious trouble on and off the pitch any manager who goes there will struggle.
I think Grayson could relight our flickering candle
Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:18 - Nov 1 with 6938 viewsSuperfrans

on 17:12 - Nov 1 by _

Never rated him. That's based on his promotions with four clubs, I presume - Leeds, Huddersfield, Blackpool and Preston?

on 17:19 - Nov 1 with 6936 views_

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:18 - Nov 1 by Superfrans

Never rated him. That's based on his promotions with four clubs, I presume - Leeds, Huddersfield, Blackpool and Preston?

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:20 - Nov 1 with 6915 viewsSuperfrans

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:12 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Comes across very well with the press when we've played them as well, for what it's worth. Journalist I was talking to last night has a lot of time for him. I was hoping he'd get sacked by Sunderland nearer the end of the season as I thought he'd be a good successor to Mick, assuming he departs at that point, which I think is almost inevitable now. I suspect SG will get another job before a vacancy comes up here.

Me too. On the timing too.

I fear that by the time we are looking for someone, he'll already be ensconced somewhere else. I do wonder whether he'd move out to Suffolk too - his jobs have been all within easy reach of (or in) Yorkshire.

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:24 - Nov 1 with 6887 viewsSuperfrans

on 17:19 - Nov 1 by _

"There's something about the way he carries himself".

Please tell me you don't ever have to recruit anyone.

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:25 - Nov 1 with 6891 viewshoppy

on 17:19 - Nov 1 by _

Have you reported him for that sort of behaviour?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

on 17:26 - Nov 1 with 6885 views_

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:24 - Nov 1 by Superfrans

"There's something about the way he carries himself".

Please tell me you don't ever have to recruit anyone.

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:35 - Nov 1 with 6832 viewsSuperfrans

on 17:26 - Nov 1 by _

Four promotions at four different clubs, in eight years.
But let's not hire him because you don't like his haircut (or something).
You realise how silly that sounds?

Of course, I understand that we all have personal likes and dislikes. But presented with anyone (and this is not just about Grayson) so highly qualified, we can't afford to pass on them because of such personal prejudices/preferences.

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:46 - Nov 1 with 6789 viewsFtnfwest

He will never be sacked.......ever
Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:49 - Nov 1 with 6784 viewsPilgrimblue

I'm not sure but he's worth a look based on previous.

BUT my money is on Mick going to Sunderland. He must be in the running surely as he ticks the boxes on experience/previous connection/northern bias. So it'll be out of our hands and good for them without any cost to ME.
Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 18:01 - Nov 1 with 6729 viewsmonty_radio

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:49 - Nov 1 by Pilgrimblue

I'm not sure but he's worth a look based on previous.

BUT my money is on Mick going to Sunderland. He must be in the running surely as he ticks the boxes on experience/previous connection/northern bias. So it'll be out of our hands and good for them without any cost to ME.

Bookies generally have Mick between 20/1 and 25/1. Mind you, several of them have Chris Wilder ahead of Mick so, unless they know something bubbling beneath the success that is currently Sheff Utd, doesn't say much for them. Then again, it's probably punters making the running.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 18:11 - Nov 1 with 6695 viewsPilgrimblue

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 18:01 - Nov 1 by monty_radio

Bookies generally have Mick between 20/1 and 25/1. Mind you, several of them have Chris Wilder ahead of Mick so, unless they know something bubbling beneath the success that is currently Sheff Utd, doesn't say much for them. Then again, it's probably punters making the running.

That's good thanks, I'll have a tenner on. It'll be a win/win!
Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 18:19 - Nov 1 with 6660 viewsSpruceMoose

Sack Him Go Get Grayson on 17:12 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Why do you hate us Phil? Why are you hell bent on us playing terrible football?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024