Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teddy Bishop 09:58 - Nov 3 with 6948 viewsclive_baker

Is it time to stop kidding myself that he's going to get fit and play a key role in our side?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

on 10:00 - Nov 3 with 5680 views_

Teddy Bishop on 10:03 - Nov 3 with 5644 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 10:00 - Nov 3 by _

That's mental!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 10:05 - Nov 3 with 5638 views_

Teddy Bishop on 10:03 - Nov 3 by The_Romford_Blue

That's mental!

Teddy Bishop on 10:05 - Nov 3 with 5637 viewsNo9

Him & several others?
Any proper organisatoin would look very closely at the injury /fitness / treatments scenario
due to the number of these type of things we hear about
Teddy Bishop on 10:12 - Nov 3 with 5613 viewsclive_baker

Bit of a shame really, I think he's got more talent than Carson ever had. He's not the first footballer to not make it due to injury issues, but a shame nonetheless. It's less of an issue with Hyam for me, I never thought he was a Championship footballer in all honesty. If he wasn't 'one of our own', bit a few ankles once in a while and walked like he was carrying 2 rolls of carpet I don't think he ever would've got any respect from our fans. Bishop's a different case, he's shown glimpses of such quality. Shame it's only been glimpses.

And that's a crazy stat by the way, would never have guessed that.

Teddy Bishop on 10:12 - Nov 3 with 5612 viewsitfcjoe

It feels that way, but I've still got a bit of hope that he can get going again - he has been fit in fits and spurts, unlike Hyam who has not been fit for longer and hasn't played a game in that time.

The key role in our side thing is another question, he can still contribute certainly - but it won't be long before Dozzell, Downes and Nydam will be well ahead of him if he doesn't get back soon

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Teddy Bishop on 10:16 - Nov 3 with 5597 viewsclive_baker

Teddy Bishop on 10:12 - Nov 3 by itfcjoe

It feels that way, but I've still got a bit of hope that he can get going again - he has been fit in fits and spurts, unlike Hyam who has not been fit for longer and hasn't played a game in that time.

The key role in our side thing is another question, he can still contribute certainly - but it won't be long before Dozzell, Downes and Nydam will be well ahead of him if he doesn't get back soon

Does make you think, fast forward 12 months and stick your blue tinted specs on, a side with Nydam, Dozzell, Downes, Bishop, Webster, McGoldrick, Waghorn and Garner might have a little something about it.

Not under this manager though, of course.

Teddy Bishop on 10:35 - Nov 3 with 5524 viewsGuthrum

We actually sold him to a team in China, where he is playing under a false identity.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Teddy Bishop on 10:39 - Nov 3 with 5509 viewsWickets

Blimey what a stat that is. Such a pity as he has talent and been at the club since he was a boy so a lot of time and money has gone into him. Of course he is going to be the biggest loser if he cannot get fit and stay fit. Best of luck to him i say.
Teddy Bishop on 11:00 - Nov 3 with 5455 viewsmarcus1642

I think Bishop is finished, pretty much 2 years of continuous injury will do that.

Town have a horrendous injury list at the moment. Bad luck, poor medical management or is the championship just a horribly brutal place to play football?.

Fingers crossed for all our injured players, and I hope they all make a full recovery.
Teddy Bishop on 11:16 - Nov 3 with 5416 viewstextbackup

Josh Carson isn't fit to lace teddy bishops laces. Speaks volumes that Mcgoldrick said he trusts him with the ball more than any other player at Town. The boy is an absolute talent.
Fitness and injuries and issue, yes, no doubting that, but when fit he is up there as one of our best footballers. You o Lyn need to see how relaxed the team look when he's on the pitch, always free to receive the ball, has his pass in mind before he's even received it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

on 11:19 - Nov 3 with 5403 views_

Teddy Bishop on 11:16 - Nov 3 by textbackup

Josh Carson isn't fit to lace teddy bishops laces. Speaks volumes that Mcgoldrick said he trusts him with the ball more than any other player at Town. The boy is an absolute talent.
Fitness and injuries and issue, yes, no doubting that, but when fit he is up there as one of our best footballers. You o Lyn need to see how relaxed the team look when he's on the pitch, always free to receive the ball, has his pass in mind before he's even received it.

Teddy Bishop on 11:21 - Nov 3 with 5398 viewsBluebell

It is a real shame that both Teddy Bishop and Luke Hyam have both been injured for so long. I assume their contracts must be up in the summer and I guess then it will be decided whether it is worth keeping them.

I hope by that time they have both got games under their belts and can prove whether it is worth giving them a new contract.
Teddy Bishop on 11:27 - Nov 3 with 5374 viewsTractorJack

For some reason I thought he was ahead of Huws in recovery at some point. What's the latest?
Teddy Bishop on 11:28 - Nov 3 with 5372 viewstextbackup

on 11:19 - Nov 3 by _

No way? A player looked poor after returning from injuries?? Can't be true.
Smith was world class Tuesday night...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

on 11:30 - Nov 3 with 5361 views_

Teddy Bishop on 11:28 - Nov 3 by textbackup

No way? A player looked poor after returning from injuries?? Can't be true.
Smith was world class Tuesday night...

Teddy Bishop on 11:37 - Nov 3 with 5332 viewsJ2BLUE

Teddy Bishop on 10:12 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

Bit of a shame really, I think he's got more talent than Carson ever had. He's not the first footballer to not make it due to injury issues, but a shame nonetheless. It's less of an issue with Hyam for me, I never thought he was a Championship footballer in all honesty. If he wasn't 'one of our own', bit a few ankles once in a while and walked like he was carrying 2 rolls of carpet I don't think he ever would've got any respect from our fans. Bishop's a different case, he's shown glimpses of such quality. Shame it's only been glimpses.

And that's a crazy stat by the way, would never have guessed that.

and walked like he was carrying 2 rolls of carpet

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Teddy Bishop on 12:15 - Nov 3 with 5234 viewsitfcjoe

Teddy Bishop on 10:16 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

Does make you think, fast forward 12 months and stick your blue tinted specs on, a side with Nydam, Dozzell, Downes, Bishop, Webster, McGoldrick, Waghorn and Garner might have a little something about it.

Not under this manager though, of course.

Mick is going to be gone come the start of next season - it's a shame he hasn't been able to get it to work on the pitch in the last 12-18 months in the main, because his squad building has been excellent on what is a tiny budget.

The next manager will have a really decent squad to work with, with a lot of players at a really good age to kick on. Even someone like Keiffer Moore who looked absolutely pony on the whole last year is a cracking signing for £20k.

Maybe Mick needs to be a Director of Football or something in that regard, because he certainly still has an eye for a player and has us punching well above our weight in the transfer market

Teddy Bishop on 12:16 - Nov 3 with 5230 viewsRocky

Teddy Bishop on 10:35 - Nov 3 by Guthrum

We actually sold him to a team in China, where he is playing under a false identity.

Not Bishop. That was Hoo Flynng Dung.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 12:19]
Teddy Bishop on 12:25 - Nov 3 with 5180 viewshomer_123

Waghorn esq.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Teddy Bishop on 12:30 - Nov 3 with 5161 viewsTractorWood

Insane stat.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Teddy Bishop on 12:38 - Nov 3 with 5130 viewsPJH

He was subbed in the 69th minute at Blackpool in 2014/15, just checked on the news archive on here because I did not think he completed that game-he created one of our goals though.
I am not certain that he has ever completed 90 minutes in a league game but he certainly did not in the one that you mentioned.
Teddy Bishop on 12:49 - Nov 3 with 5098 viewsitfcjoe

Teddy Bishop on 12:38 - Nov 3 by PJH

He was subbed in the 69th minute at Blackpool in 2014/15, just checked on the news archive on here because I did not think he completed that game-he created one of our goals though.
I am not certain that he has ever completed 90 minutes in a league game but he certainly did not in the one that you mentioned.

It was Blackpool at home (Also 3-2) where he played the full 90 iirc.

on 12:49 - Nov 3 with 5097 views_

Teddy Bishop on 12:38 - Nov 3 by PJH

on 12:50 - Nov 3 with 5096 views_

Teddy Bishop on 12:49 - Nov 3 by itfcjoe

It was Blackpool at home (Also 3-2) where he played the full 90 iirc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024