Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment 14:11 - Nov 5 with 8837 viewsMullet

Must be scary viewing the world with eyes like that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:14 - Nov 5 with 6724 viewsSpruceMoose

Luckily, at their age, their opinions aren't long for this world.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:20 - Nov 5 with 6711 viewsJ2BLUE

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:14 - Nov 5 by SpruceMoose

Luckily, at their age, their opinions aren't long for this world.

I think there's some truth to that. It's odd because sexism is like racism and homophobia to my generation, it just seems completely alien and you can't believe the views some people hold.

Just for balance we have a few older people on here who don't fit the mould of being backward at all so we shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:27 - Nov 5 with 6674 viewsjeera

Holy crap.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:36 - Nov 5 with 6650 viewsHerbivore

Hitchens is basically Katie Hopkins with a mono-brow, he's a skidmark on the underpants of humanity.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:36 - Nov 5 with 6650 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Haven’t read the article but is he saying the niqab is sexual harassment? I would agree with him if so.... it’s definitely a tool of sexist repression
Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:51 - Nov 5 with 6610 viewsMullet

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:36 - Nov 5 by FrowsyArmLarry

Haven’t read the article but is he saying the niqab is sexual harassment? I would agree with him if so.... it’s definitely a tool of sexist repression

In the context of the Taliban it has been. However, the great irony of growing prejudice over here towards Islam has created a minority who gravitate towards to things like it out of choice. As a show of identity and belonging.

The spurious link to Islam is the type of dishonest bigotry which ruins a lot of discussion. I assume he's throwing mud and tenuous whataboutery because of who has been named and shamed recently.

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:03 - Nov 5 with 6577 viewsfactual_blue

Jo Brand's observations on sexual harassment on HIGNFY on Friday were pretty much bang on the money.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:05 - Nov 5 with 6555 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:51 - Nov 5 by Mullet

In the context of the Taliban it has been. However, the great irony of growing prejudice over here towards Islam has created a minority who gravitate towards to things like it out of choice. As a show of identity and belonging.

The spurious link to Islam is the type of dishonest bigotry which ruins a lot of discussion. I assume he's throwing mud and tenuous whataboutery because of who has been named and shamed recently.

I’m not going to bother reading it, the headline is nonsense enough
Login to get fewer ads

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:35 - Nov 5 with 6480 viewschicoazul

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:05 - Nov 5 by FrowsyArmLarry

I’m not going to bother reading it, the headline is nonsense enough

Columnists dont write headline so you can never blame them for those.

I read the article. As a fan of Hitchens' writing and as someone who agrees with a lot of his opinions he is dead wrong, especially his last point about how men will record conversations with women etc as this assumes some women will make mendacious claims and devalues the claims made by women which are truthful.

He makes a good point about Fallon though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:37 - Nov 5 with 6471 viewsfactual_blue

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:20 - Nov 5 by J2BLUE

I think there's some truth to that. It's odd because sexism is like racism and homophobia to my generation, it just seems completely alien and you can't believe the views some people hold.

Just for balance we have a few older people on here who don't fit the mould of being backward at all so we shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush.

Ageism, on the other hand, is rampant.

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:39 - Nov 5 with 6457 viewsericclacton

Read his brothers work,it will make you feel a lot better.

Christopher Hitchens.

[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 15:42]
Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:51 - Nov 5 with 6434 viewschicoazul

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:39 - Nov 5 by ericclacton

Read his brothers work,it will make you feel a lot better.

Christopher Hitchens.

[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 15:42]

Christopher was a war mongering neoliberal NYC elitist, the kind of person very much to blame for where we currently find ourselves politically in this country.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:52 - Nov 5 with 6426 viewsJ2BLUE

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:37 - Nov 5 by factual_blue

Agreed, from the old and the young.

Truly impaired.

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:55 - Nov 5 with 6411 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:37 - Nov 5 by factual_blue

Agreed.

Though I'm suprised you posted that as it was surely time for your afternoon nap?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:56 - Nov 5 with 6405 viewsJ2BLUE

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:55 - Nov 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Agreed.

Though I'm suprised you posted that as it was surely time for your afternoon nap?

I so nearly replied 'shut up grandad'

Truly impaired.

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:57 - Nov 5 with 6407 viewsDarth_Koont

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:03 - Nov 5 by factual_blue

Jo Brand's observations on sexual harassment on HIGNFY on Friday were pretty much bang on the money.

Quentin Letts was embarrassing - although I wonder if he was chosen because he'd helpfully illustrate the problem.

Pronouns: He/Him

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 16:06 - Nov 5 with 6357 viewsgordon

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:35 - Nov 5 by chicoazul

Columnists dont write headline so you can never blame them for those.

I read the article. As a fan of Hitchens' writing and as someone who agrees with a lot of his opinions he is dead wrong, especially his last point about how men will record conversations with women etc as this assumes some women will make mendacious claims and devalues the claims made by women which are truthful.

He makes a good point about Fallon though.

crikey, do you agree with the vile homophobia?
Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 16:10 - Nov 5 with 6341 viewsfactual_blue

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 15:56 - Nov 5 by J2BLUE

I so nearly replied 'shut up grandad'

Shut up, millenial snowflake.

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 16:13 - Nov 5 with 6333 viewschicoazul

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 16:06 - Nov 5 by gordon

crikey, do you agree with the vile homophobia?

I don't know what you mean by homophobia. I havent read anything by him that could be termed homophobic. In the very article mentioned in this thread he lauds the equality between men and women for instance, which I know is not the same but is indicative. I have read him make a convincing case for how marriage in a church between people of the same sex should not be forced on religious persons.

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 16:19 - Nov 5 with 6314 viewsvilanovablue

Right wingers who are so out of touch with toxic views and worst of all a platform to spout them from.
Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 16:31 - Nov 5 with 6264 viewsgordon

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 16:13 - Nov 5 by chicoazul

I don't know what you mean by homophobia. I havent read anything by him that could be termed homophobic. In the very article mentioned in this thread he lauds the equality between men and women for instance, which I know is not the same but is indicative. I have read him make a convincing case for how marriage in a church between people of the same sex should not be forced on religious persons.

This sort of stuff. Obviously he's very opinionated which gets you a column in the Mail if you're well connected, but as far as a) being a decent human being and b) having something interesting to say, he doesn't come close.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/article-131579/Im-sorry-Mr-Duncan-youre-ga

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2009/01/we-show-tolerance-to-gays-and-get
Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 16:45 - Nov 5 with 6225 viewsMullet

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 16:13 - Nov 5 by chicoazul

In the case of Christians, he's right. Assuming they haven't read/understood/know about the bible and the role of their proclaimed Lord and saviour.

He's a nasty gobsh1te from what I can see.

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 17:10 - Nov 5 with 6168 viewsjeera

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 14:36 - Nov 5 by FrowsyArmLarry

Surely from the headline alone it is clear that he means that all this 'squawking' will lead to women needing to wear a niqab in order to feel safe.

As for feeling repressed/oppressed, I know of a young muslim lady who, along with her many young and trendy muslim mates, often posts on FB and the like of her new hijabs. It's fashionable and worn absolutely through choice and these girls wouldn't have it any other way. They are always posting jokes making fun of themselves, (in reality, the're making fun of people who disapprove but in a self-mocking guise).

They are proud of their traditions and dress.

*This is in the US and not elsewhere in a situation where people are being brutally treated, I fully appreciate.

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 17:27 - Nov 5 with 6103 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 17:10 - Nov 5 by jeera

Surely from the headline alone it is clear that he means that all this 'squawking' will lead to women needing to wear a niqab in order to feel safe.

As for feeling repressed/oppressed, I know of a young muslim lady who, along with her many young and trendy muslim mates, often posts on FB and the like of her new hijabs. It's fashionable and worn absolutely through choice and these girls wouldn't have it any other way. They are always posting jokes making fun of themselves, (in reality, the're making fun of people who disapprove but in a self-mocking guise).

They are proud of their traditions and dress.

*This is in the US and not elsewhere in a situation where people are being brutally treated, I fully appreciate.

A Hijab quite different from a niqab or a burka
Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 17:31 - Nov 5 with 6087 viewsjeera

Pretty much sums up certain perspectives on sexual harrassment on 17:27 - Nov 5 by FrowsyArmLarry

A Hijab quite different from a niqab or a burka

I'm aware of that.

Making conversation and all that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024