Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
murphy 27 goals 16:50 - Nov 5 with 11074 viewstextbackup

between the 4 up top we already have 25.

just saying

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

murphy 27 goals on 16:56 - Nov 5 with 7742 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea MM has done a great job bringing them in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

murphy 27 goals on 17:51 - Nov 5 with 7584 viewsdavblue

We are more potent going forward without looking overly threatening and creating loads of chances.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 17:54]
murphy 27 goals on 18:02 - Nov 5 with 7552 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Another example of Mick's excellent recruitment on a tight budget

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

murphy 27 goals on 20:14 - Nov 5 with 7338 viewsbluesym

Imagine if Sears too could remember how to score!I think the way Freddie has gone from being that razorsharp,potent little goalscorer we had in the beginning, to the confidence drained robotlike player we have now,is really sad to see.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

murphy 27 goals on 11:57 - Nov 6 with 7037 viewsbritbiker

murphy 27 goals on 20:14 - Nov 5 by bluesym

Imagine if Sears too could remember how to score!I think the way Freddie has gone from being that razorsharp,potent little goalscorer we had in the beginning, to the confidence drained robotlike player we have now,is really sad to see.

A few years ago Sears was the one I most wanted in a one to one with the keeper. However he now appears to be tge guy who comes on to chase balls into the corner without any real end product.
I wonder if he will be used as a makeweight in a January transfer for a decent defender.
murphy 27 goals on 12:06 - Nov 6 with 7016 viewsSteve_M

That season, Sears had nine and McGoldrick a couple less each in half a season. Then it was Smith and Berra; no-one else scored more than three although we had a lot of players with one or two goals.

Add a few from set pieces and tighten up a bit then see what happens....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

murphy 27 goals on 12:08 - Nov 6 with 7001 viewsReuser_is_God

If they keep the current rate up they'll have just shy of 100 come end of the season.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

murphy 27 goals on 12:09 - Nov 6 with 6994 viewsReuser_is_God

murphy 27 goals on 12:06 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

That season, Sears had nine and McGoldrick a couple less each in half a season. Then it was Smith and Berra; no-one else scored more than three although we had a lot of players with one or two goals.

Add a few from set pieces and tighten up a bit then see what happens....

Great opportunity for top 6 this season in my opinion.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

murphy 27 goals on 12:13 - Nov 6 with 6978 viewsKieran_Knows

murphy 27 goals on 12:08 - Nov 6 by Reuser_is_God

If they keep the current rate up they'll have just shy of 100 come end of the season.

I certainly think Celina, Waghorn and McGoldrick (if he can stay fit all season) will at least hit double figures. I hope Garner can as well, but even if he doesn't, his contribution on the whole is probably what will let the others get double figures.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

murphy 27 goals on 12:34 - Nov 6 with 6913 viewsSwansea_Blue

Great isn't it, and about time too. Trying to scrape through on players like Varney just wasn't good enough. But we did well with our front line in the summer. A little bit of cash makes a big difference. And now Celina seems to be settling too.

We're still a mid-table team, but upper mid-table rather than hovering nearer the lower reached. But with goals in the team you always have a chance (to State the bleedingly obvious).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

murphy 27 goals on 12:42 - Nov 6 with 6895 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

murphy 27 goals on 12:08 - Nov 6 by Reuser_is_God

In that case, surely you aren't MickOut at least until the end of the season?

murphy 27 goals on 13:02 - Nov 6 with 6832 viewsSteve_M

I wonder if, whether he had taken that chance against Birmingham, he might have got four or five goals by now. He looked lively against Sheffield United and Norwich, albeit he didn't need to do a lot to stand out, and played a lovely ball to Waghorn in the latter game - had it not got stuck under MW's feet....

He just isn't as good a finisher as 2014-15, for both us and Colchester, made him seem. The workrate and pace still add something as a squad player though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

murphy 27 goals on 13:04 - Nov 6 with 6822 viewsReuser_is_God

murphy 27 goals on 12:42 - Nov 6 by The_Romford_Blue

In that case, surely you aren't MickOut at least until the end of the season?

Is there much point being Mick in or Mick out at the moment? He's off in the summer.

Evans out

murphy 27 goals on 13:31 - Nov 6 with 6757 viewstextbackup

murphy 27 goals on 13:04 - Nov 6 by Reuser_is_God

Is there much point being Mick in or Mick out at the moment? He's off in the summer.

If he gets a new contract I'm going to the bridge for a jump.... EVEN if we finish top!

murphy 27 goals on 13:47 - Nov 6 with 6707 viewsSuperfrans

We're pretty potent going forward.

Although I just looked at the table and am amazed who is the second highest scorers in the division (it's not us).

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

murphy 27 goals on 13:57 - Nov 6 with 6677 viewsbluewein

murphy 27 goals on 13:47 - Nov 6 by Superfrans

We're pretty potent going forward.

Although I just looked at the table and am amazed who is the second highest scorers in the division (it's not us).

Just had a look myself.

Blimey. There could be a goal fest at Hull in a couple of weeks..!

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

murphy 27 goals on 15:11 - Nov 6 with 6566 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

murphy 27 goals on 13:04 - Nov 6 by Reuser_is_God

Well, true.

I do wonder how long we have to be in and around the playoffs before those desperate for him to leave immediately start to change their tune.

As it is, end of the season is the best time for him to leave.

murphy 27 goals on 15:13 - Nov 6 with 6561 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

murphy 27 goals on 13:31 - Nov 6 by textbackup

If he gets a new contract I'm going to the bridge for a jump.... EVEN if we finish top!

You say that now Texters but you and I both know that if we are still where we are at Christmas, you'll start to BELIEVE it could just happen.

If he got us up, you'd be calling for a stature and calling him 'Sir' from now on let's be honest

murphy 27 goals on 15:58 - Nov 6 with 6509 viewstextbackup

murphy 27 goals on 15:13 - Nov 6 by The_Romford_Blue

You say that now Texters but you and I both know that if we are still where we are at Christmas, you'll start to BELIEVE it could just happen.

If he got us up, you'd be calling for a stature and calling him 'Sir' from now on let's be honest

If he gets us up I'll personally apologise, but there's no way I'd want him as the manager of us in prem league. It would be embarrassing. But I'll cross that bridge when it happens

murphy 27 goals on 16:06 - Nov 6 with 6491 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

murphy 27 goals on 15:58 - Nov 6 by textbackup

If he gets us up I'll personally apologise, but there's no way I'd want him as the manager of us in prem league. It would be embarrassing. But I'll cross that bridge when it happens

Right now, I'd take us going up, coming straight back down with zero points and being the laughing stock of football.

Because at least then we'd have £250 million in the bank to sort us out for the next 30/40/50 years

murphy 27 goals on 16:08 - Nov 6 with 6478 viewsSpruceMoose

murphy 27 goals on 16:06 - Nov 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Right now, I'd take us going up, coming straight back down with zero points and being the laughing stock of football.

Because at least then we'd have £250 million in the bank to sort us out for the next 30/40/50 years

Free season tickets all round as a thank you for the last decade!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

murphy 27 goals on 16:40 - Nov 6 with 6420 viewstextbackup

murphy 27 goals on 16:06 - Nov 6 by The_Romford_Blue

You mean how the money has sorted Norwich out? Keep seeing posts 'if Norwich don't go up this year they are fxked'

murphy 27 goals on 16:49 - Nov 6 with 6402 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

murphy 27 goals on 16:40 - Nov 6 by textbackup

You mean how the money has sorted Norwich out? Keep seeing posts 'if Norwich don't go up this year they are fxked'

Yes but that's not because they had the money, it's because they spunked it on players like Naismith for 43k a week

murphy 27 goals on 16:51 - Nov 6 with 6395 viewsSomethingBlue

murphy 27 goals on 16:40 - Nov 6 by textbackup

A bit different though — they have a much better base to build on as a club thanks to their spells in the PL. For the moment, anyway ...

I agree with Rommers, I'd snap your hand off for one year up there just to sort us out a bit. But let's have that discussion if ever ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

murphy 27 goals on 17:29 - Nov 6 with 6346 viewsClausThomsen

How many times has he been played as a striker this season?

He's a good striker at this level, he's just not any good as a winger other than winning the odd corner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024