Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Running the Athens Marathon on Sunday and fundraising for MIND 14:56 - Nov 6 with 2411 viewsunbelievablue

Ladies and Gents,

As you'll likely be aware by now due to my incessant blogging and unashamed fundraising efforts, my mate Mat and I are running the Athens Marathon this Sunday for MIND, the Mental Health Charity. Thus far I've raised over £1300, in no small part thanks to so many of you TWTDers. So here is my huge THANK YOU. I will do my very best to make you all proud.

If anyone who hasn't donated is feeling generous, please chip in. Every single time my phone buzzes and the app tells me someone has donated their hard earned I get a sincere pang of heartfelt emotion which is actually quite difficult to describe. My blog (linked below) details some of my own struggles with mental health issues as well as why I chose to run to fund-raise. It's probably terribly written and occasionally self-indulgent but please, give it a read and a share, if you enjoy it.

I'll be writing a blog entry on Saturday from Athens, so look out for that (I can't believe I'll be in an European capital for over 24 hours without a beer to be honest).

Anyway, thanks again, and wish me luck (I'll fecking need it).

Cheers all,
Josh

https://joshedwardsblog.wordpress.com/

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/josh-edwards-athensmarathon2017
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 15:06]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Running the Athens Marathon on Sunday and fundraising for MIND on 13:28 - Nov 7 with 2234 viewsunbelievablue

If anyone has donated and wants to actually make sure I get round, there's an APP: http://www.athensauthenticmarathon.gr/site/index.php/en/news-en/news-articles-en

Big number: 18718 (almost 1878 which is cool).

Running the Athens Marathon on Sunday and fundraising for MIND on 17:32 - Nov 8 with 2032 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Want to wish a very happy birthday to my good friend Unbelievablue today, and wish him the best for his Athens marathon this weekend.

I know there's an awful lot of charitable causes doing the rounds these days- but I know just how much effort Josh has put into training for this, and it really is an issue close to his heart. His openness on an issue that most of us are too embarrassed/uncomfortable to talk about is very commendable IMHO. If you can afford to donate a fiver/tenner/10 grand - I know how much he would appreciate it.

Poll: Best Football Song

Running the Athens Marathon on Sunday and fundraising for MIND on 18:29 - Nov 8 with 2018 viewsunbelievablue

Running the Athens Marathon on Sunday and fundraising for MIND on 17:32 - Nov 8 by RoyKeanesDog

Want to wish a very happy birthday to my good friend Unbelievablue today, and wish him the best for his Athens marathon this weekend.

I know there's an awful lot of charitable causes doing the rounds these days- but I know just how much effort Josh has put into training for this, and it really is an issue close to his heart. His openness on an issue that most of us are too embarrassed/uncomfortable to talk about is very commendable IMHO. If you can afford to donate a fiver/tenner/10 grand - I know how much he would appreciate it.

Cheers shaaaaaaaag.

Running the Athens Marathon on Sunday and fundraising for MIND on 22:13 - Nov 8 with 1970 viewsGlasgowBlue

Running the Athens Marathon on Sunday and fundraising for MIND on 18:29 - Nov 8 by unbelievablue

Cheers shaaaaaaaag.

Happy birthday mate and good luck

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Running the Athens Marathon on Sunday and fundraising for MIND on 23:01 - Nov 11 with 1626 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good luck guys - go and nail it!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Running the Athens Marathon on Sunday and fundraising for MIND on 04:16 - Nov 12 with 1606 viewsjeera

Best of fortune to you both today.

Hope it goes well.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024