Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? 20:28 - Nov 6 with 1923 viewsSpruceMoose

This week they covered glorious England team failures. Listening to the commentary of the West Germany England WC semi final, nearly brought a tear to my eye on my commute. The music, the memories. Probably the first WC I can recall being emotionally invested in as a kid.

They also mentioned (I don't know if true) that a lip reader had worked out what Bobby was saying to Gazza after the 90 minutes. That almost sent me over the edge. Bobby was such a class act. To paraphrase, he was telling Gazza he was magnificent, the player of the tournament, he was proud of him, and that it was just the beginning for him.

Never realised Gazza never made it to another World Cup though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:03 - Nov 6 with 1892 viewsfactual_blue

That was the seventh World Cup I 'emotionally invested' in. Don't really remember 1962.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:04 - Nov 6 with 1892 viewsSpruceMoose

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:03 - Nov 6 by factual_blue

That was the seventh World Cup I 'emotionally invested' in. Don't really remember 1962.

Was that the one Uruguay won?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:10 - Nov 6 with 1882 viewsfactual_blue

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:04 - Nov 6 by SpruceMoose

Was that the one Uruguay won?

Brazil won.
We lost to Brazil in the quarter finals .
Our victory in 1966 cheated them of a straight hat-trick of wins.

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:16 - Nov 6 with 1876 viewsSpruceMoose

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:10 - Nov 6 by factual_blue

Brazil won.
We lost to Brazil in the quarter finals .
Our victory in 1966 cheated them of a straight hat-trick of wins.

Don't think our win really counts seeing as we beat a country which no longer exists. One of the many bad things to occur when the wall came down.

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:22 - Nov 6 with 1870 viewsfactual_blue

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:16 - Nov 6 by SpruceMoose

Don't think our win really counts seeing as we beat a country which no longer exists. One of the many bad things to occur when the wall came down.

By the same token, we didn't 'win' the First or Second World Wars, as neither Imperial Germany nor the Third Reich now exist.

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:23 - Nov 6 with 1867 viewsSpruceMoose

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 21:22 - Nov 6 by factual_blue

By the same token, we didn't 'win' the First or Second World Wars, as neither Imperial Germany nor the Third Reich now exist.

I knew there was nothing to be proud about in Great Britain.

Anybody else listen to the "Quickly Kevin will he score?" podcast? on 22:29 - Nov 6 with 1824 viewsFtnfwest

Glenn saw to that such that when we needed a final bit of inspiration to get past Argentina in round 2 in 1998,all we had on the bench was rob Lee. Just too young to remember 1970,so 74 and the Germany v Holland final was the first one for me. Grew up thinking England never got to world cups although they have won it in my lifetime...just (3 weeks old!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024