Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good work Boris! 09:34 - Nov 7 with 5756 viewsdickie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41896225

Good work Boris! on 09:36 - Nov 7 with 4930 viewsBlueBadger

Given that it was his big trap that made the whole situation worse in the first place it's the bare minimum that the disgusting oaf should be doing. I strongly suspect that he's only doing THAT because he's been roundly criticised for his initial handling.
https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-british-woman-imprisoned-iran-char

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good work Boris! on 09:48 - Nov 7 with 4904 viewsconnorscontract

Good work Boris! on 09:36 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

Given that it was his big trap that made the whole situation worse in the first place it's the bare minimum that the disgusting oaf should be doing. I strongly suspect that he's only doing THAT because he's been roundly criticised for his initial handling.
https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-british-woman-imprisoned-iran-char

This is a full-stop sacking offence for a Foreign Secretary.

I'd actually take John Major coming out of retirement to steady the ship right now, like a political Tony Parks.
Good work Boris! on 09:51 - Nov 7 with 4898 viewsBlueBadger

Good work Boris! on 09:48 - Nov 7 by connorscontract

I'd actually take John Major coming out of retirement to steady the ship right now, like a political Tony Parks.

I tell you what, I thought Major was a pretty feeble PM but in comparison to the current crop of anti-intellectual sociopathic incompetents we're currently saddled with he looks like the product of agent splicing of Churchill, Attlee and Wiliams.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 9:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Good work Boris! on 09:57 - Nov 7 with 4880 viewsfactual_blue

Good work Boris! on 09:48 - Nov 7 by connorscontract

A decent human being would resign.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good work Boris! on 10:03 - Nov 7 with 4871 viewsBlueBadger

Good work Boris! on 09:57 - Nov 7 by factual_blue

A decent human being would resign.

As has been noted above, a competent manager would have also sacked him.

Good work Boris! on 10:35 - Nov 7 with 4819 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good work Boris! on 09:36 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

That was my initial reaction and I think what he said is a sackable offence but it was weird watching her husband on Sky News last night saying how helpful Boris and the FO has been over the situation and how his comments gphavent made the situation worse.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good work Boris! on 10:37 - Nov 7 with 4815 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good work Boris! on 10:03 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

As has been noted above, a competent manager would have also sacked him.

Along with Priti apatel. But she isn’t in a position to sack anyone or they will sack her. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

I think a quiet period of refelection in opposition would be in order if the alternative wasn’t so frightening.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 10:37]

Iron Lion Zion

Good work Boris! on 10:48 - Nov 7 with 4790 viewsTonyj

Good work Boris! on 10:37 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

Along with Priti apatel. But she isn’t in a position to sack anyone or they will sack her. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

I think a quiet period of refelection in opposition would be in order if the alternative wasn’t so frightening.

We've gone past the comical stage with these chiefs and they're now doing serious damage on all fronts. New government please, urgently.
Login to get fewer ads

Good work Boris! on 11:22 - Nov 7 with 4740 viewsconnorscontract

Good work Boris! on 10:37 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

I think May should call a snap election to strengthen her position.

Patel will go, surely? I mean, come on! It's impossible for her to continue. Ken Clarke and a few other old school Tories need to bring this sh1tstorm to an end, because some things are more important in a democracy than short-term embarassment.

Bercow could effectively issue a proclamation of No Confidence in HM Government, over failure to be accountable to Parliament over Brexit. Could he go to the Palace and petition the Queen to dissolve Parliament? Is that allowed?

We're not talking political point scoring here, we're talking a fundamental collapse of the checks and balances on the Executive, at a time when the Great Repeal Bill will hugely enhance Ministerial powers and diminish Parliamentary scrutiny.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 11:32]
Good work Boris! on 12:46 - Nov 7 with 4667 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good work Boris! on 11:22 - Nov 7 by connorscontract

I think May should call a snap election to strengthen her position.

Patel will go, surely? I mean, come on! It's impossible for her to continue. Ken Clarke and a few other old school Tories need to bring this sh1tstorm to an end, because some things are more important in a democracy than short-term embarassment.

Bercow could effectively issue a proclamation of No Confidence in HM Government, over failure to be accountable to Parliament over Brexit. Could he go to the Palace and petition the Queen to dissolve Parliament? Is that allowed?

We're not talking political point scoring here, we're talking a fundamental collapse of the checks and balances on the Executive, at a time when the Great Repeal Bill will hugely enhance Ministerial powers and diminish Parliamentary scrutiny.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 11:32]

I don't think she will go tbh.

I don't see your point regarding "failure to be accountable to Parliament over Brexit".

Each stage of the process has been voted on by the HOC.

Iron Lion Zion

Good work Boris! on 12:58 - Nov 7 with 4629 viewsbaxterbasics

I like Priti Patel and hope she survives this one.

As for Boris, I would like to know where he got his info from, he could not have just made that up, unless he got confused with someone else. Maybe he was badly briefed?

As a side note, why would you holiday in Iran to begin with? Asking for trouble.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Good work Boris! on 13:08 - Nov 7 with 4612 viewsBlueBadger

Good work Boris! on 12:58 - Nov 7 by baxterbasics

As for Boris, I would like to know where he got his info from, he could not have just made that up, unless he got confused with someone else. Maybe he was badly briefed?

As a side note, why would you holiday in Iran to begin with? Asking for trouble.

Because the lady involved's mother is Iranian and she was taking their children there to visit them.

Good work Boris! on 13:08 - Nov 7 with 4611 viewsdickie

Apparently she was introducing her kids to their grandparents
Good work Boris! on 13:10 - Nov 7 with 4605 viewsWeWereZombies

I've been wanting to go there for a few years but that episode of 'Homeland' where Damien Lewis was hung from the jib of a mobile crane has put me off a bit...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Good work Boris! on 13:45 - Nov 7 with 4566 viewsconnorscontract

Good work Boris! on 12:46 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

I don't see your point regarding "failure to be accountable to Parliament over Brexit".

Re Brexit: Bercow has given a deadline for economic impact statements to be brought to the House today, covering more than 50 sectors of the economy and is reported to be willing to reprimand the Government if they aren't delivered on time, having already admonished them that it has taken this long.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/06/speaker-gives-government-until-

Leaving aside partisan feelings, that is extraordinary, isn't it? Effectively the Speaker being prepared to accuse the Government of having failed in the exercise of its role as the Executive of Parliament.

Add to that a clear breach of the Ministerial Code by a Cabinet Minister, Patel, and an act of flagrant irresponsibility endangering a British citizen overseas, by one of the most Senior Cabinet Ministers, neither of which May has acted on yet, and my argument is that the Executive is not functioning properly or appropriately and the supposed checks and balances are failing.

All that in the context of a Great Repeal Bill which will give hitherto unseen powers to ministers to strike out law without Parliamentary oversight.

It might be hyperbole to talk about the death of democracy, but it certainly isn't hyperbole to say that this marks a new low in lack of accountability for the Executive.

My question, which maybe someone will know the answer to, is whether the Speaker has the ability to petition the Queen to dissolve Parliament if cornerstones of accountability, such as the Ministerial code or proper reporting to (and respect for due process in) Parliament, are not being observed?
Good work Boris! on 13:50 - Nov 7 with 4553 viewsBlueBadger

Good work Boris! on 13:10 - Nov 7 by WeWereZombies

I've been wanting to go there for a few years but that episode of 'Homeland' where Damien Lewis was hung from the jib of a mobile crane has put me off a bit...

Mate of mine used to go there on business a fair bit. Said he generally felt safe in the big towns and cities but travelling in between could be a little dicey sometimes. He generally didn't regard it as a proper trip if his driver hadn't told him to hide at least one during his stay.

Good work Boris! on 13:56 - Nov 7 with 4534 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good work Boris! on 13:45 - Nov 7 by connorscontract

Re Brexit: Bercow has given a deadline for economic impact statements to be brought to the House today, covering more than 50 sectors of the economy and is reported to be willing to reprimand the Government if they aren't delivered on time, having already admonished them that it has taken this long.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/06/speaker-gives-government-until-

Leaving aside partisan feelings, that is extraordinary, isn't it? Effectively the Speaker being prepared to accuse the Government of having failed in the exercise of its role as the Executive of Parliament.

Add to that a clear breach of the Ministerial Code by a Cabinet Minister, Patel, and an act of flagrant irresponsibility endangering a British citizen overseas, by one of the most Senior Cabinet Ministers, neither of which May has acted on yet, and my argument is that the Executive is not functioning properly or appropriately and the supposed checks and balances are failing.

All that in the context of a Great Repeal Bill which will give hitherto unseen powers to ministers to strike out law without Parliamentary oversight.

It might be hyperbole to talk about the death of democracy, but it certainly isn't hyperbole to say that this marks a new low in lack of accountability for the Executive.

My question, which maybe someone will know the answer to, is whether the Speaker has the ability to petition the Queen to dissolve Parliament if cornerstones of accountability, such as the Ministerial code or proper reporting to (and respect for due process in) Parliament, are not being observed?

I can completely understand why the government would be reluctant to release this information. It weakens our negotiating hand. It's almost as if some people want the negotiations to fail.

I completely agree with you regarding Pritti Patel and Boris.

I can't answer your question. Guthers may be the man for that.

Iron Lion Zion

Good work Boris! on 14:15 - Nov 7 with 4502 viewsArcher4721

Good work Boris! on 10:35 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

That was my initial reaction and I think what he said is a sackable offence but it was weird watching her husband on Sky News last night saying how helpful Boris and the FO has been over the situation and how his comments gphavent made the situation worse.

Mr Ratcliffe hasn't "praised" BJ and the FO at all according to this on R4 today.

You don't half talk some shyte.

International Trade Secretary Liam Fox told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "We all make slips of the tongue", adding on Sky News that it wasn't "a serious gaffe".

But Labour's Tulip Siddiq, Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe's MP, said it was "unacceptable" for Mr Johnson to "lack a basic grasp on this important situation".

"A slip of the tongue in my books is swearing in front of your child by mistake - it's not condemning a British citizen to an extra five years in prison," she said.
Mr Ratcliffe told the BBC's Today programme that Mr Johnson should make a statement in the Commons, retracting what he said.

He added the "worst thing" Mr Johnson could do now was "suddenly go quiet and to create this problem without making any clarifications".
Good work Boris! on 14:21 - Nov 7 with 4491 viewsArcher4721

Good work Boris! on 12:46 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

She's going to go though,then it's bye bye May.

[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 14:23]
Good work Boris! on 14:28 - Nov 7 with 4475 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good work Boris! on 14:15 - Nov 7 by Archer4721

Mr Ratcliffe hasn't "praised" BJ and the FO at all according to this on R4 today.

You don't half talk some shyte.

International Trade Secretary Liam Fox told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "We all make slips of the tongue", adding on Sky News that it wasn't "a serious gaffe".

But Labour's Tulip Siddiq, Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe's MP, said it was "unacceptable" for Mr Johnson to "lack a basic grasp on this important situation".

"A slip of the tongue in my books is swearing in front of your child by mistake - it's not condemning a British citizen to an extra five years in prison," she said.
Mr Ratcliffe told the BBC's Today programme that Mr Johnson should make a statement in the Commons, retracting what he said.

He added the "worst thing" Mr Johnson could do now was "suddenly go quiet and to create this problem without making any clarifications".

Blimey. After you have been on the naughty step for 4 months and as soon as I give you another chance you start being abusive.

I do wish you had read what I posted rather than what the voices in your head told you I posted. I didn't say Mr Ratcliffe "praised BJ". I said that on SN last night Mr Ratcliffe had said "how helpful Boris and the FO has been over the situation"

This happens after 3.10 on this video.

Now if you are prepared to be civil then I'll not put you back on the naughty step.

Iron Lion Zion

Good work Boris! on 14:30 - Nov 7 with 4463 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good work Boris! on 14:21 - Nov 7 by Archer4721

She's going to go though,then it's bye bye May.

[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 14:23]

It's been bye bye May since June. The only thing keeping her in place is the fear of a Corbyn Premiership otherwise they'd have booted her out back then.

I don't think Patel will go. If she does then May is stronger than I thought.

Iron Lion Zion

Good work Boris! on 14:32 - Nov 7 with 4451 viewsTonyj

Good work Boris! on 14:28 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

Blimey. After you have been on the naughty step for 4 months and as soon as I give you another chance you start being abusive.

I do wish you had read what I posted rather than what the voices in your head told you I posted. I didn't say Mr Ratcliffe "praised BJ". I said that on SN last night Mr Ratcliffe had said "how helpful Boris and the FO has been over the situation"

This happens after 3.10 on this video.

Now if you are prepared to be civil then I'll not put you back on the naughty step.

All that proves is Mr Ratcliffe is being more diplomatic than the foreign Secretary.
Good work Boris! on 14:33 - Nov 7 with 4450 viewsSpruceMoose

Good work Boris! on 14:30 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

It's been bye bye May since June. The only thing keeping her in place is the fear of a Corbyn Premiership otherwise they'd have booted her out back then.

Don't fear it Glassers! Embrace it! BELIEVE!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good work Boris! on 14:36 - Nov 7 with 4434 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good work Boris! on 14:32 - Nov 7 by Tonyj

All that proves is Mr Ratcliffe is being more diplomatic than the foreign Secretary.

I haven't tried to prove anything. I said it was weird watching her husband on Sky News last night saying how helpful Boris and the FO has been over the situation. i would have been bloody raging at Boris.

Iron Lion Zion

Good work Boris! on 14:45 - Nov 7 with 4406 viewsm14_blue

Good work Boris! on 14:30 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

bye bye May since June sounds like a Beatles song....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024