Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following on from my Alfa thread.... 12:29 - Nov 7 with 3033 viewshampstead_blue

Mrs H and I bought an Impreza. Not that anyone cares, but a few did reply to my shout out on ALfa 3.2's so I thought I'd see if anyone had a Scooby.

WRX PPP. 2 litre on the blob eye. One of the last blob eyes apparently.
Light grey, black wheels, wagon version.
Prodrive exhaust, re-map, and other stuff.

Oh, it's totally stock and is properly quick on boost.

Any other Scooby owners here?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 15:00 - Nov 7 with 2949 viewsMJallday

father in law had a STI, WRX STI and Turbo. he's heere now actually so just asked him.

he said :-

prepare for your fuel bill to go through the floor and tyres to last 20 seconds
a set of tyres used to last 4000 miles. you have to replace all 4. theyre 200 a pop apparently.

for a blast, great fun. on the motorway doign a constant speed for 3 hours, you'll want to sell it by the end of it. itll drive you potty. the newer ones are much quieter, but the older ones are rubbish.
he reacons his averaged 18-23mpg normal driving. 25 if he feathered it.

hth

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 16:42 - Nov 7 with 2904 viewshampstead_blue

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 15:00 - Nov 7 by MJallday

father in law had a STI, WRX STI and Turbo. he's heere now actually so just asked him.

a set of tyres used to last 4000 miles. you have to replace all 4. theyre 200 a pop apparently.

for a blast, great fun. on the motorway doign a constant speed for 3 hours, you'll want to sell it by the end of it. itll drive you potty. the newer ones are much quieter, but the older ones are rubbish.

hth

thanks.

We had heard similar and had prepared for that.
It's only getting used for the school run and pottering around. A bit of middle aged fun.

I would never take it on a long run on a motorway, driving it back from where we bought it (90 miles in the motorway) gave me a headache.

Thank him for his advice.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 16:47 - Nov 7 with 2892 viewsSmithy

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 15:00 - Nov 7 by MJallday

hth

a STI is never nice
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 16:48]

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 17:10 - Nov 7 with 2860 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 16:42 - Nov 7 by hampstead_blue

thanks.

It's only getting used for the school run and pottering around. A bit of middle aged fun.

I would never take it on a long run on a motorway, driving it back from where we bought it (90 miles in the motorway) gave me a headache.

You bought a rally car for the school run? I'd have gone for a nice comfortable Mercedes myself
Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 19:32 - Nov 7 with 2805 viewsMJallday

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 16:42 - Nov 7 by hampstead_blue

thanks.

Will do. Funnily enough after the Imprezas he had a 350z then had an Alfa. He liked it but it kept going wrong . I’m sure he said he’s owned 90 cars over the course of his life

He advised me to chop in the ST for the pussy cat . I’ve got been disappointed

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 19:35 - Nov 7 with 2803 viewsMJallday

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 17:10 - Nov 7 by FrowsyArmLarry

You bought a rally car for the school run? I'd have gone for a nice comfortable Mercedes myself

Merck’s are ok but their design team have gaffed up . Have you seen what they’ve done with the interior? It’s like they forgot the stereo so got an iPad and glued it to the window , not embedded

It looks dreadful

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 20:01 - Nov 7 with 2781 viewshampstead_blue

we drove a load of CLK's but they are too heavy.

To get any fun out of one you need the AMG.

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 20:05 - Nov 7 with 2778 viewshampstead_blue

so this afternoon in the pouring rain our 4 year old experienced the Scooby for the first time....

"Daddy, I love it. You've gone fastly. "

Rally car is the perfect school run car.

Login to get fewer ads

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 20:13 - Nov 7 with 2770 viewsjeera

"so I thought I'd see if anyone had a Scooby."

I honestly thought you were asking if anyone has any idea.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 11:03 - Nov 8 with 2670 viewsNo9

I posted the problems I had with the clutch - all acknowledged by Subaru as their problem.
The other issues were the interior was cr@p and it isn't comfortable for a tall driver.

Road holding was excellent tho'
Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 12:24 - Nov 8 with 2634 viewshampstead_blue

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 11:03 - Nov 8 by No9

I posted the problems I had with the clutch - all acknowledged by Subaru as their problem.
The other issues were the interior was cr@p and it isn't comfortable for a tall driver.

Road holding was excellent tho'

You are right about the interior. Straight from the 80's.

Our daily is a new XC60. The Scooby feels like my mum's old Nissan from the 80's in comparison. However, on the way back from the school run this morning I took a much longer route to open it up a bit......

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 17:34 - Nov 8 with 2573 viewsNo9

Following on from my Alfa thread.... on 12:24 - Nov 8 by hampstead_blue

You are right about the interior. Straight from the 80's.

Our daily is a new XC60. The Scooby feels like my mum's old Nissan from the 80's in comparison. However, on the way back from the school run this morning I took a much longer route to open it up a bit......

The boxer engine in the Subaru is a pretty willing unti but it is very thirsty for a 2L unit.
I also found it expensive to insure compared to other 2L motors

The Original X60 is of course a Freelander by any other name = both Ford
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024