Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC 16:57 - Nov 7 with 9051 viewsSwailsey

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/more-than-his-talent-colin-healy-bowed

I always rated him here and for £50,000 (which I've learned wasn't to bail out Cork, as the same fee had already been agreed with Hartlepool before we swooped in), he was good value for money, especially compared to the other players brought in for much more money.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 17:06 - Nov 7 with 8387 viewsLuk38644

He was worth the £50k alone for his performance against Arsenal.
on 17:07 - Nov 7 with 8384 views_

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 17:59 - Nov 7 with 8286 viewschicoazul

I wonder why Keane *really* signed him? Hmmmm.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:00 - Nov 7 with 8284 viewsSpruceMoose

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 17:59 - Nov 7 by chicoazul

Are you implying that they were having a torrid love affair?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:15 - Nov 7 with 8266 viewsRadlett_blue

He'd played about 100 senior games in 10 years when he came here. Admittedly, much of that was down to injuries but I did wonder why we signed a 29 year old who'd played so little football. I still do.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:42 - Nov 7 with 8220 viewsPhilTWTD

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:15 - Nov 7 by Radlett_blue

He'd played about 100 senior games in 10 years when he came here. Admittedly, much of that was down to injuries but I did wonder why we signed a 29 year old who'd played so little football. I still do.

He was considered the best player in the League of Ireland at the time, was playing regularly for Cork having got over his injury problems. He was set to join Hartlepool along with a team-mate as there was a firesale at Cork and Keane - who as far as I'm aware has never had anything to do with Cork City, he was involved with Cobh Ramblers and Rockmount as a young player - saw what he thought was a bargain signing. Was a bit in and out here with the Arsenal game his highlight, as mentioned.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:48 - Nov 7 with 8178 viewschicoazul

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:00 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

Are you implying that they were having a torrid love affair?

"It earned him 13 Ireland caps, and took him within a Roy Keane mind change of the 2002 World Cup"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:49 - Nov 7 with 8174 viewsMullet

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:42 - Nov 7 by PhilTWTD

He was considered the best player in the League of Ireland at the time, was playing regularly for Cork having got over his injury problems. He was set to join Hartlepool along with a team-mate as there was a firesale at Cork and Keane - who as far as I'm aware has never had anything to do with Cork City, he was involved with Cobh Ramblers and Rockmount as a young player - saw what he thought was a bargain signing. Was a bit in and out here with the Arsenal game his highlight, as mentioned.

Loved his performance that night at Doncaster too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:53 - Nov 7 with 8149 viewsjeera

I hope he said it was a pleasure.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 19:15 - Nov 7 with 8106 viewsEireannach_gorm

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 17:59 - Nov 7 by chicoazul

Maybe this has something to do with it.

http://www.soccer-ireland.com/saipan/colin-healy.htm
Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 19:34 - Nov 7 with 8074 viewshoppy

“Was a bit in and out her with the Arsenal“?

Have you taken over from Keno with the euphemisms, Phil?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 19:44 - Nov 7 with 8051 viewsfactual_blue

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:53 - Nov 7 by jeera

I hope he said it was a pleasure.

He was particularly struck by the training facilities.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 19:59 - Nov 7 with 8021 viewshampstead_blue

Reading the piece on his career I can only tip my hat to him and show respect.

He had a lovely touch. If he had not been injured he would have scaled greater heights no doubt.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 20:59 - Nov 7 with 7952 viewsIllinoisblue

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:15 - Nov 7 by Radlett_blue

we beat Hartlepool to his signature. #winning

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 21:13 - Nov 7 with 7924 viewsIllinoisblue

"When people ask me where I'm from, I always say Cork, never Ireland. It's always Cork first and Ireland second"

This quote from Roy Keane in an RTE documentary, Have Boots, Will Travel, says it all about Keane's relationship with his country. It also is very instructive about his relationship with the rest of the World in general. Very early on in his autobiography [Page 2] he reveals an antipathy towards anyone not from Cork and he states that "I am inordinately proud of my roots." Roy Keane was born at 88 Ballinderry Park in a north Cork suburb called Mayfield. In this working class environment Keane was taught that he was "Irish by birth: Cork by the grace of God" and that "...any poor fool not blessed by being born in the Rebel County" was to be laughed at and scorned. In addition Keane seems to have had a particular dislike of all things Dublin from an early age.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 22:33 - Nov 7 with 7831 viewsCurrie10

SUPERB v Arsenal
Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 08:02 - Nov 8 with 7661 viewsJimmy86

Remember there was 1 particular game under Jewell, where he took Healy off before half-time, which was an incredibly harsh decision, as he was nowhere near the worst midfielder on the pitch in that game.
Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 08:49 - Nov 8 with 7615 viewsRadlett_blue

OK Phil - he was a cheap punt who didn't really work out. Far bigger sticks with which to beat Keane.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 09:19 - Nov 8 with 7579 viewschicoazul

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 21:13 - Nov 7 by Illinoisblue

"When people ask me where I'm from, I always say Cork, never Ireland. It's always Cork first and Ireland second"

This quote from Roy Keane in an RTE documentary, Have Boots, Will Travel, says it all about Keane's relationship with his country. It also is very instructive about his relationship with the rest of the World in general. Very early on in his autobiography [Page 2] he reveals an antipathy towards anyone not from Cork and he states that "I am inordinately proud of my roots." Roy Keane was born at 88 Ballinderry Park in a north Cork suburb called Mayfield. In this working class environment Keane was taught that he was "Irish by birth: Cork by the grace of God" and that "...any poor fool not blessed by being born in the Rebel County" was to be laughed at and scorned. In addition Keane seems to have had a particular dislike of all things Dublin from an early age.

An Irish friend of mine always says everyone from Cork is like that.

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 12:17 - Nov 8 with 7470 viewsSwailsey

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 08:02 - Nov 8 by Jimmy86

Remember there was 1 particular game under Jewell, where he took Healy off before half-time, which was an incredibly harsh decision, as he was nowhere near the worst midfielder on the pitch in that game.

That was also the game that Priskin was handed his first start for months.

Bullard was far worse than Healy, but because he was Jewell's mate, he stayed on.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 13:01 - Nov 8 with 7411 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 18:49 - Nov 7 by Mullet

Loved his performance that night at Doncaster too.

Absolute pleasure that night

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 13:23 - Nov 8 with 7384 viewsEireannach_gorm

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 13:01 - Nov 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Absolute pleasure that night

Pretty pleasurable too
Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 13:48 - Nov 8 with 7363 viewsbluefunk

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 09:19 - Nov 8 by chicoazul

An Irish friend of mine always says everyone from Cork is like that.

still the only place I have been to where I was called an English C*** 4 times in an afternoon, and the rest of the weekend wasn't a lot better
Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 13:55 - Nov 8 with 7351 viewsPhilTWTD

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 19:34 - Nov 7 by hoppy

“Was a bit in and out her with the Arsenal“?

Have you taken over from Keno with the euphemisms, Phil?

Ahem, here.
Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 14:00 - Nov 8 with 7344 viewsPhilTWTD

Colin Healy retires..brief mention of ITFC on 21:13 - Nov 7 by Illinoisblue

Nothing to do with Cork City FC rather than Cork itself was what I was getting at. Rockmount is based in Cork and Cobh Ramblers just outside.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024