Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two minutes reflection 11:19 - Nov 11 with 2691 viewsDyland

You don't need to watch it on telly or clutch a poppy. I think it's sad if people don't even think on it all just for a moment though.

What makes me emotional is not so much to do with the two world wars, although that is of course the focus today with regard the armistice. It's a wider reflection on humanity and our ability to hate so much that we can hurt and kill each other. Throughout history and today; be it in wars, acts of terrorism, domestic violence and every time an argument turns physical. It makes me think about inequality, irresponsibility, selfishness and blind ignorance. It makes me incredibly angry but importantly this anger makes me want to hug someone, not hurt them. I don't mind admitting to a tear.

Stay safe. Be nice. And always speak kindly to your loved ones and strangers alike.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Two minutes reflection on 11:20 - Nov 11 with 2644 viewsDarth_Koont

Great post. Agree entirely.

Pronouns: He/Him

Two minutes reflection on 11:22 - Nov 11 with 2644 viewsJ2BLUE

Wherever I am it always amazes me how many people don't stop walking or talking. I'm talking about places that make it very clear in advance several times what is happening. Other people stand there grinning like they are kids at school who just need to obey the rules for a couple of minutes before they can go back to talking about something more important. It shouldn't bother me but it does.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Indeed on 11:27 - Nov 11 with 2630 viewsDyland

Two minutes reflection on 11:22 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

Wherever I am it always amazes me how many people don't stop walking or talking. I'm talking about places that make it very clear in advance several times what is happening. Other people stand there grinning like they are kids at school who just need to obey the rules for a couple of minutes before they can go back to talking about something more important. It shouldn't bother me but it does.

At the risk of being totally reductionist, nothing will change if people don't even think about all this stuff.

Two minutes reflection on 11:34 - Nov 11 with 2620 viewsClapham_Junction

Two minutes reflection on 11:22 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

In Israel people stop their cars on motorways and get out and stand for the silence on their rememberance day. The start of the silence is marked by air raid sirens going off all over the country.

[Post edited 11 Nov 2017 11:40]
Two minutes reflection on 11:37 - Nov 11 with 2607 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Two minutes reflection on 11:34 - Nov 11 by Clapham_Junction

In Israel people stop their cars on motorways and get out and stand for the silence on their rememberance day. The start of the silence is marked by air raid sirens going off all over the country.

[Post edited 11 Nov 2017 11:40]

Sadly if people pulled their cars over in this country, them jobsworth car camera ticket people would start snapping your number plate.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Two minutes reflection on 11:43 - Nov 11 with 2585 viewsWD19

Two minutes reflection on 11:37 - Nov 11 by The_Romford_Blue

Sadly if people pulled their cars over in this country, them jobsworth car camera ticket people would start snapping your number plate.

If you look closely you can see a cyclist weaving through traffic at the back trying to get a jump on everyone......
Two minutes reflection on 11:48 - Nov 11 with 2585 viewsGuthrum

Imagine how much the human race could have achieved if all the time, money and resources we have put into developing armaments had been spent on researching things like medicine or new energy sources. Yes, I know there have been benficial side-products, but they are just a fraction of the possible useful output.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Yep on 11:55 - Nov 11 with 2569 viewsDyland

Two minutes reflection on 11:48 - Nov 11 by Guthrum

Imagine how much the human race could have achieved if all the time, money and resources we have put into developing armaments had been spent on researching things like medicine or new energy sources. Yes, I know there have been benficial side-products, but they are just a fraction of the possible useful output.

And how lucky some of us are that we can warm ourselves up at the flick of switch and fill our bellies whenever we want to.

Login to get fewer ads

Two minutes reflection on 11:58 - Nov 11 with 2555 viewsRyorry

POTY

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Two minutes reflection on 12:07 - Nov 11 with 2540 viewsEastTownBlue

Indeed.

Having watched the recent impressive Vietnam series on BBC 4, it really was an awful reminder (if needed) of the the destruction and suffering that can be inflicted through war and through other situations.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024