Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly 21:13 - Nov 14 with 4046 viewsJ2BLUE

because they missed out I hope it makes people appreciate England. I know we had an easier group but the England team get way too much stick. Qualifying is a thankless task for England. Most of our games have a 'par' of winning by 3 or 4 and if they do so, they get no credit and if they don't they get slated.

It's too fashionable to slate England and claim to 'hate' the players or not care but I bet 90%+ of English football fans will be very pleased we're there when it all kicks off.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how England are playing tonight, i'm watching ROI. Hoping for a miraculous comeback.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

England are hopeless. (n/t) on 21:15 - Nov 14 with 4027 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

England are hopeless. (n/t) on 21:17 - Nov 14 with 4015 viewsJ2BLUE

England are hopeless. (n/t) on 21:15 - Nov 14 by Bloots

We have no chance of winning it, but it's great to be there and hopefully get to the knockout stages.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 21:17 - Nov 14 with 4015 viewsjimsymBLUE

'but I bet 90%+ of English football fans will be very pleased we're there when it all kicks off.'
Hmmm, in Russia I'm not so sure

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

England are hopeless. (n/t) on 21:21 - Nov 14 with 3991 viewsgtsb1966

England are hopeless. (n/t) on 21:17 - Nov 14 by J2BLUE

We have no chance of winning it, but it's great to be there and hopefully get to the knockout stages.

England
Iran
Panama
Saudi Arabia

We might get to the latter stages. Then again....
With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 21:23 - Nov 14 with 3982 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

With Chile, Ivory Coast, Italy, Netherlands and USA all out before being in, it gives us an awfully good chance of finishing third in the group stages

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 21:45 - Nov 14 with 3935 viewsBent_double

It's just frustrating supporting England. The Germany game was entertaining and could have gone either way.

Tonight the Brazilians are bossing the game, we don't seem to know what to do with the ball or have the confidence to try things.

What was that stat someone posted earlier? England have won just 6 games in tournaments since 1966. You can see it now, 2 draws and a 1 or 2-0 win against the weakest side in the group next summer, then lose in extra time in the last 16, huffing and puffing all the way.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Hmmmm on 21:52 - Nov 14 with 3923 viewsDyland

The players are all pretty boring. The manager is likeable but unimaginative. The tabloid and even adult media coverage is a complete joke.

But yes, come kick off I'll be excited. For about a minute until I witness how inept we are.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Hmmmm on 21:58 - Nov 14 with 3889 viewsgtsb1966

Hmmmm on 21:52 - Nov 14 by Dyland

The players are all pretty boring. The manager is likeable but unimaginative. The tabloid and even adult media coverage is a complete joke.

But yes, come kick off I'll be excited. For about a minute until I witness how inept we are.

To be honest the next two world cups are so uninspiring in my opinion. No atmosphere in Russia and as for the one after that!!!! I always thought the Euros was harder to win, and more entertaining, but they've ruined that now too.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 22:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Hmmmm on 22:00 - Nov 14 with 3875 viewsDyland

Hmmmm on 21:58 - Nov 14 by gtsb1966

To be honest the next two world cups are so uninspiring in my opinion. No atmosphere in Russia and as for the one after that!!!! I always thought the Euros was harder to win, and more entertaining, but they've ruined that now too.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 22:01]

I think Russia will be alright. May even pop over as an excuse to visit, but not necessarily to watch England.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:02 - Nov 14 with 3865 viewsBlueinBrum

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 21:45 - Nov 14 by Bent_double

It's just frustrating supporting England. The Germany game was entertaining and could have gone either way.

Tonight the Brazilians are bossing the game, we don't seem to know what to do with the ball or have the confidence to try things.

What was that stat someone posted earlier? England have won just 6 games in tournaments since 1966. You can see it now, 2 draws and a 1 or 2-0 win against the weakest side in the group next summer, then lose in extra time in the last 16, huffing and puffing all the way.

"England have won just 6 games in tournaments since 1966"

What? That's not even vaguely close to being correct
With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:03 - Nov 14 with 3858 viewsbournemouthblue

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 21:45 - Nov 14 by Bent_double

It's basically just been 10 men behind the ball

We are desperately lacking Alli, Kane and Sterling

Our central midfield looks incredibly threadbare

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:06 - Nov 14 with 3839 viewsstrikalite

Yep, we're there, that's all that matters, nothing worse than watching other countries knowing we're not there...
With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:07 - Nov 14 with 3835 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:02 - Nov 14 by BlueinBrum

I think the star is 6 knockout tournament wins rather than total

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:10 - Nov 14 with 3823 viewsFtnfwest

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:02 - Nov 14 by BlueinBrum

Only lost 4 knockout games in 50 years as well though
With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:13 - Nov 14 with 3814 viewsFtnfwest

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 21:23 - Nov 14 by The_Romford_Blue

With Chile, Ivory Coast, Italy, Netherlands and USA all out before being in, it gives us an awfully good chance of finishing third in the group stages

Don't forget you hate international football and particularly the England team so you're not bothered anyway
With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:17 - Nov 14 with 3803 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:13 - Nov 14 by Ftnfwest

Don't forget you hate international football and particularly the England team so you're not bothered anyway

I still want us to win when it gets to major tournaments.

But we won't. We never will.

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:20 - Nov 14 with 3795 viewsgtsb1966

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:17 - Nov 14 by The_Romford_Blue

So when Ipswich finaly get to the play offs and everyone wants a ticket you won't complain when everyone comes out of the woodwork.
With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:26 - Nov 14 with 3778 viewsFtnfwest

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:17 - Nov 14 by The_Romford_Blue

Well maybe not but I'll be supporting them whatever, as I have all through qualifying
With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 19:12 - Nov 15 with 3563 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

With ROI/NI/Scotland/Wales all out and Netherlands/Italy hurting badly on 22:20 - Nov 14 by gtsb1966

So when Ipswich finaly get to the play offs and everyone wants a ticket you won't complain when everyone comes out of the woodwork.

That's hardly the same is it.

If Ipswich got to the playoff final, after I get my ticket, I wouldn't care who comes. In fact, id hope and expect the Town end is packed out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024