Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
23:50 - Nov 15 with 34154 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 23:58 - Nov 15 with 10538 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Something tells me I don’t need to watch that to know it’s gonna say alt right is bad and only for thickos
on 00:08 - Nov 16 with 10511 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 23:58 - Nov 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Something tells me I don’t need to watch that to know it’s gonna say alt right is bad and only for thickos

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 00:17 - Nov 16 with 10506 viewsLankHenners

Coincidentally to you posting this Spencer (and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon) are whinging on Twitter that their blue ticks have been removed.

Did you see this last week where Gary Younge interviewed Spencer? Remarkable.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

on 00:28 - Nov 16 with 10481 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 00:17 - Nov 16 by LankHenners

Coincidentally to you posting this Spencer (and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon) are whinging on Twitter that their blue ticks have been removed.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 01:52 - Nov 16 with 10434 viewsSwansea_Blue

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 00:17 - Nov 16 by LankHenners

Blimey . Unbelievable stuff.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 01:57 - Nov 16 with 10434 viewsSpruceMoose

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 01:52 - Nov 16 by Swansea_Blue

Blimey . Unbelievable stuff.

I'm SpruceMoose, and I in no way approve of this message...

[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 1:59]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 08:33 - Nov 16 with 10293 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

on 00:28 - Nov 16 by _

Younges argument seems to be that you don’t know what Africa would be like now if all the blacks that left the continent had stayed there. Is that an argument worth making or should he be linking current events with the culture which allowed slavery in the first place, to show how dangerous it is to dance down this fascist road?
meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:21 - Nov 16 with 10238 viewsBlueBadger

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 23:58 - Nov 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

In all fairness, you only have to be brighter than Benters to realise that hanging around with nazis isn't in any way, shape or form a 'good' thing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

on 09:22 - Nov 16 with 10234 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 08:33 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

Younges argument seems to be that you don’t know what Africa would be like now if all the blacks that left the continent had stayed there. Is that an argument worth making or should he be linking current events with the culture which allowed slavery in the first place, to show how dangerous it is to dance down this fascist road?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:24 - Nov 16 with 10228 viewsBlueBadger

Ironically enough, 'a pair of ticks' is what crosses my mind when I think of Yaxley-Lennon and Crybaby Spencer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:29 - Nov 16 with 10208 viewsBlueBadger

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 01:57 - Nov 16 by SpruceMoose

Pretty much the dictionary definition of 'victimless crime', right there.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:37 - Nov 16 with 10188 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

on 09:22 - Nov 16 by _

What I’m saying is that younge didn’t really have a counter argument. He should be focusing on the outcomes the likes of spencer expect from their movement and then tear that down.

Arguing some hypothetical argument that Africa would be prosperous now if there had never been any outside influences is distracting.
meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:39 - Nov 16 with 10184 viewsfactual_blue

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 01:57 - Nov 16 by SpruceMoose

That's disgraceful.

He was able to get up afterwards.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:51 - Nov 16 with 10165 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:39 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

That's disgraceful.

He was able to get up afterwards.

No doubt you subscribe to the ‘one man, one problem. No man, no problem’ school of thought. That figures
meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:55 - Nov 16 with 10164 viewsBlueBadger

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:51 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

No doubt you subscribe to the ‘one man, one problem. No man, no problem’ school of thought. That figures

I think it's probably more the whole 'punching nazis is an entirely right and correct thing to do' school, I suspect.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 10:06 - Nov 16 with 10149 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:55 - Nov 16 by BlueBadger

I think it's probably more the whole 'punching nazis is an entirely right and correct thing to do' school, I suspect.

And communists like Jeremy corbyn who are just as bad? What would you do to them?
on 10:07 - Nov 16 with 10149 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:37 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

What I’m saying is that younge didn’t really have a counter argument. He should be focusing on the outcomes the likes of spencer expect from their movement and then tear that down.

Arguing some hypothetical argument that Africa would be prosperous now if there had never been any outside influences is distracting.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 10:07 - Nov 16 with 10147 viewsBlueBadger

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 10:06 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

And communists like Jeremy corbyn who are just as bad? What would you do to them?

Ah, the old 'opposing nazis is as bad as being a nazi' fallacy.

on 10:23 - Nov 16 with 10124 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 10:06 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 10:54 - Nov 16 with 10073 viewscaught-in-limbo

Thanks Libby, that looks very interesting. I've listened to the first 10 minutes and will listen to the rest this evening.

The comments on this thread have already started to polarise opinion on this topic. There are those that feel that this is an attack on the right by an increasingly permissive society and others who defend what are currently called "progressive" values who are standing up against what they see as intolerance.

Information about the alt-right seems to get all the air time because its supporters are so objectionable to the majority in western society today.

Being a mixed-race European teacher, I identify myself far more with the left than I do with the right - but I don't go for this "alt-right is evil, progressive is good" narrative which I believe is thrust upon us. "Progressive" power is far more soft and is entrenched far more deeply in our society by constant reinforcement by our media. The alt-right recognise this and respond in a very ugly and sickeningly intolerant way.

It's my view that both sides are being played by the same people. We as normal European citizens are being asked to decide which side we are on. The sensible answer is of course easy: we want to be on the side of tolerance, peace and equality, and although that is the view of the overwhelming majority, our society is moving in an increasingly unpeaceful, intolerant and unequal direction. The alt-right will argue that this is because of the left's excessively tolerant and forgiving attitude to real dangers, while the left blame the alt-right.

This game is played out here on this site every day.

I must have posted these types of quotes on this site 10 times in the last 2 years, but it sums up what is happening to our society:

#divide&conquer

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 10:59 - Nov 16 with 10065 viewscaught-in-limbo

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 10:54 - Nov 16 by caught-in-limbo

Thanks Libby, that looks very interesting. I've listened to the first 10 minutes and will listen to the rest this evening.

The comments on this thread have already started to polarise opinion on this topic. There are those that feel that this is an attack on the right by an increasingly permissive society and others who defend what are currently called "progressive" values who are standing up against what they see as intolerance.

Information about the alt-right seems to get all the air time because its supporters are so objectionable to the majority in western society today.

Being a mixed-race European teacher, I identify myself far more with the left than I do with the right - but I don't go for this "alt-right is evil, progressive is good" narrative which I believe is thrust upon us. "Progressive" power is far more soft and is entrenched far more deeply in our society by constant reinforcement by our media. The alt-right recognise this and respond in a very ugly and sickeningly intolerant way.

It's my view that both sides are being played by the same people. We as normal European citizens are being asked to decide which side we are on. The sensible answer is of course easy: we want to be on the side of tolerance, peace and equality, and although that is the view of the overwhelming majority, our society is moving in an increasingly unpeaceful, intolerant and unequal direction. The alt-right will argue that this is because of the left's excessively tolerant and forgiving attitude to real dangers, while the left blame the alt-right.

I must have posted these types of quotes on this site 10 times in the last 2 years, but it sums up what is happening to our society:

#divide&conquer

Of course holding such a view puts me in the smallest minority, and rather contradictorily the left will join in with the right in showing intolerance towards me with the standard name calling:

apologist
conspiracist
troll

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 11:02 - Nov 16 with 10061 viewsJ2BLUE

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 11:40 - Nov 16 with 10014 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 10:54 - Nov 16 by caught-in-limbo

#divide&conquer

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 12:12 - Nov 16 with 9976 viewsimsureazzure

Down will come the troop, mutually appreciating, condoning violence, name checking other posters and following that with a smug insult, the pack mentality burning any comparison of the hard right to the hard Maoist left that is invading Britain's culture under the banner of the once working mans political party.

It must be cathartic to screech about the same splinter under the nail every day, surely it must.
on 12:22 - Nov 16 with 9959 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 12:12 - Nov 16 by imsureazzure

Down will come the troop, mutually appreciating, condoning violence, name checking other posters and following that with a smug insult, the pack mentality burning any comparison of the hard right to the hard Maoist left that is invading Britain's culture under the banner of the once working mans political party.

It must be cathartic to screech about the same splinter under the nail every day, surely it must.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024