Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
23:50 - Nov 15 with 34198 views_

on 14:40 - Nov 16 with 4553 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:28 - Nov 16 by Bluesquid

Fair enough but even as individuals we shouldn't just take someones or some organisations word as the truth and instead work with solid proof and evidence. Don't you think?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:41 - Nov 16 with 4551 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

on 14:38 - Nov 16 by _

Because the likes or McDonnell and corbyn will delight at bankrupting the country while pouring money into the coffers of their union backers.
on 14:41 - Nov 16 with 4549 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:39 - Nov 16 by baxterbasics

The correct way to fight bad ideas is to counter with good ideas and win the argument.

Punching people isn't opposing, and is only justified if you are getting punched in the first place (or about to).

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:41 - Nov 16 with 4554 viewsbaxterbasics

on 14:38 - Nov 16 by _

Sure but the extreme end of it isn't exactly prevalent here like it is in other corners of Europe or the US. The far left however, is coming scarily close to hijacking a major political party.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:47 - Nov 16 with 4534 viewsSpruceMoose

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:41 - Nov 16 by baxterbasics

Sure but the extreme end of it isn't exactly prevalent here like it is in other corners of Europe or the US. The far left however, is coming scarily close to hijacking a major political party.

Absurd.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:48 - Nov 16 with 4530 viewschicoazul

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:03 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

Ok smartarse, explain to me exactly what the continent of Africa would be like now if no European had set foot on it.

Conversations arent distracting. It's really that simple.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:49 - Nov 16 with 4529 viewschicoazul

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:13 - Nov 16 by Herbivore

I see blue oyster has let you out of the gimp dungeon for the day.

Well done on proving his point though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:49 - Nov 16 with 4528 viewsnoggin

on 14:41 - Nov 16 by _

I would condone it and I would happily do it. He makes my blood boil.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:50 - Nov 16 with 4522 viewschicoazul

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:16 - Nov 16 by SpruceMoose

Trolls of a feather, flock together.

Imsure has posted here for years and years. I have argued with him many times about many things. He is not a troll, just because someone disagrees with your POV or politics doesnt make them a troll. Who are you again?

on 14:50 - Nov 16 with 4521 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:41 - Nov 16 by baxterbasics

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:51 - Nov 16 with 4512 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:48 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

Conversations arent distracting. It's really that simple.

Well let’s just say he got riled and didn’t do anything to pick apart the right wing nonsense. Which is a shame because it was a good ppportunity
on 14:54 - Nov 16 with 4503 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:50 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

Imsure has posted here for years and years. I have argued with him many times about many things. He is not a troll, just because someone disagrees with your POV or politics doesnt make them a troll. Who are you again?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:55 - Nov 16 with 4497 viewschicoazul

People will now argue with your definitions of far left and far/alt right making the conversation pointless. I agree with you. To wit, people will say "being anti immigrant is a far right position" as if Corbyn and McDonnell havent spent their political careers campaigning against the EU and free movement of people and capital.
Corbyn is a nice old boy but a significant powerful minority he is bringing with him are deceitful manipulative communist rseholes.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:58 - Nov 16 with 4481 viewschicoazul

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:51 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

Well let’s just say he got riled and didn’t do anything to pick apart the right wing nonsense. Which is a shame because it was a good ppportunity

How ridiculous of a black man to get riled by a Nazi and not argue with them in a coherent mannered way, eh? Spencer wants his head kicked in, like everyone else who marches under that flag.

on 14:58 - Nov 16 with 4480 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:55 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

People will now argue with your definitions of far left and far/alt right making the conversation pointless. I agree with you. To wit, people will say "being anti immigrant is a far right position" as if Corbyn and McDonnell havent spent their political careers campaigning against the EU and free movement of people and capital.
Corbyn is a nice old boy but a significant powerful minority he is bringing with him are deceitful manipulative communist rseholes.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:02 - Nov 16 with 4470 viewschicoazul

on 14:58 - Nov 16 by _

This is completely wrong. We don't need to define some e.g. Nazis, we all know and recognise them. But "left" and "right" are far more closely linked than you (probably) think. Hence Labour's heartlands voting in majority for Brexit for instance. Definitions are all-important hence conversations are all important.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:03 - Nov 16 with 4468 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:58 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

How ridiculous of a black man to get riled by a Nazi and not argue with them in a coherent mannered way, eh? Spencer wants his head kicked in, like everyone else who marches under that flag.

Yes, it is ridiculous. Spencer is a nobody in reality and not someone to be given so much respect. Younge should have pressed him on how he sees the future rather than the past. It goes to show how poor journalism is these days.
meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:06 - Nov 16 with 4458 viewschicoazul

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:03 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

Yes, it is ridiculous. Spencer is a nobody in reality and not someone to be given so much respect. Younge should have pressed him on how he sees the future rather than the past. It goes to show how poor journalism is these days.

Gary Younge is an excellent journalist. You are completely wrong. Try reading some of his articles or books, or don't, I could care less either way really.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:09 - Nov 16 with 4450 viewsNo9

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:30 - Nov 16 by baxterbasics

Much more worried about the rise of the left in the UK, tbh.

Is ther actually any rise of the left in the UK?
If you determine there is to what extent is it and to what would you assign the causes or reasons for such a rise?
on 15:12 - Nov 16 with 4444 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:02 - Nov 16 by chicoazul

This is completely wrong. We don't need to define some e.g. Nazis, we all know and recognise them. But "left" and "right" are far more closely linked than you (probably) think. Hence Labour's heartlands voting in majority for Brexit for instance. Definitions are all-important hence conversations are all important.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:20 - Nov 16 with 4425 viewsfactual_blue

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:09 - Nov 16 by No9

Is ther actually any rise of the left in the UK?
If you determine there is to what extent is it and to what would you assign the causes or reasons for such a rise?

Some of course see the EDL as marxists.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

on 15:22 - Nov 16 with 4418 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:03 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:34 - Nov 16 with 4392 viewsNewcyBlue

on 14:41 - Nov 16 by _

When you are quietly minding your own business, sitting on public transport, and your partner starts receiving racial abuse, you wouldn’t hesitate at using the required minimum force to stop said abuse. Although I lose my rag quite quickly too.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:37 - Nov 16 with 4385 viewsNo9

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:20 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

Some of course see the EDL as marxists.

Yes
meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:41 - Nov 16 with 4376 viewsvilanovablue

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:37 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

What I’m saying is that younge didn’t really have a counter argument. He should be focusing on the outcomes the likes of spencer expect from their movement and then tear that down.

Arguing some hypothetical argument that Africa would be prosperous now if there had never been any outside influences is distracting.

In fairness that response came about because the way the conversation went. I suspect Younge would have preferred a more far reaching discussion as he thought he was talking to an alt right intellectual as opposed to an idiot!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024