Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
23:50 - Nov 15 with 34153 views_

on 15:41 - Nov 16 with 6884 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:34 - Nov 16 by NewcyBlue

When you are quietly minding your own business, sitting on public transport, and your partner starts receiving racial abuse, you wouldn’t hesitate at using the required minimum force to stop said abuse. Although I lose my rag quite quickly too.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:48 - Nov 16 with 6867 viewsNewcyBlue

on 15:41 - Nov 16 by _

MrsNewcy always tells me “they have a right to have their opinion” and it genuinely doesn’t seem to bother her. She will always have far more class than me.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:56 - Nov 16 with 6846 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 15:34 - Nov 16 by NewcyBlue

When you are quietly minding your own business, sitting on public transport, and your partner starts receiving racial abuse, you wouldn’t hesitate at using the required minimum force to stop said abuse. Although I lose my rag quite quickly too.

My Mrs isn’t beyond swearing at a five year old and threatening their parents for something she perceived as racism. Although I can’t remember what the child said now. That was a bit embarrassing
on 16:13 - Nov 16 with 6827 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 16:14 - Nov 16 with 6825 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 14:30 - Nov 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

I’m saying it’s not ok to go around killing and maiming your political opponents.

I am also not comparing the likes of far right groups to the far left. The far right are powerless irrelevant idiots. The far left are getting dangerously close to the levers of power in this country

Here, Here!! Spencer is a FAR RIGHT tit and should be called out as such. However, most of the 'alt right' like PJW, Ben Shapiro, Milo, even TR are not in the same category and have disassociated themselves from genuine hard right people like spencer. Its a bit like calling Frank Field or Kate Hoey hard left Stalinists when they are decent labour people unlike the leadership of the current liebour party who are worryingly anti semitic, pro terrorist supporting hard leftists. Politics isn't black and white and it would be nice if some of the left woke on this board woke up to that before tarring every one with 'right or conservative' views as a Nazi, fascist or some kind of phobe. Extreme left and extreme right are different sides of the same coin! If you are going to applaud the like of Spencer being hit then you are going to understand when conservative trump supporter hit rabid anti free speech antifa anarchists (fascists!) as we saw in Berkley. Both wings are extremists but free speech is essential regardless whether you agree with the other side or not.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

on 16:16 - Nov 16 with 6819 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 16:14 - Nov 16 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Here, Here!! Spencer is a FAR RIGHT tit and should be called out as such. However, most of the 'alt right' like PJW, Ben Shapiro, Milo, even TR are not in the same category and have disassociated themselves from genuine hard right people like spencer. Its a bit like calling Frank Field or Kate Hoey hard left Stalinists when they are decent labour people unlike the leadership of the current liebour party who are worryingly anti semitic, pro terrorist supporting hard leftists. Politics isn't black and white and it would be nice if some of the left woke on this board woke up to that before tarring every one with 'right or conservative' views as a Nazi, fascist or some kind of phobe. Extreme left and extreme right are different sides of the same coin! If you are going to applaud the like of Spencer being hit then you are going to understand when conservative trump supporter hit rabid anti free speech antifa anarchists (fascists!) as we saw in Berkley. Both wings are extremists but free speech is essential regardless whether you agree with the other side or not.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 16:19 - Nov 16 with 6814 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

on 16:13 - Nov 16 by _

excuse me..?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 16:20 - Nov 16 with 6810 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

on 16:16 - Nov 16 by _

never assume it makes an ass of u and me.

Login to get fewer ads

on 16:22 - Nov 16 with 6800 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 16:19 - Nov 16 by Jonnosdreadlocks

excuse me..?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 16:22 - Nov 16 with 6798 viewsSpruceMoose

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 16:20 - Nov 16 by Jonnosdreadlocks

never assume it makes an ass of u and me.

Well, mainly just you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 16:36 - Nov 16 with 6766 viewsBenters

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 09:21 - Nov 16 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, you only have to be brighter than Benters to realise that hanging around with nazis isn't in any way, shape or form a 'good' thing.

Another mention?

Do you fancy me or something?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 17:40 - Nov 16 with 6712 viewscaught-in-limbo

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 13:51 - Nov 16 by lowhouseblue

the 'anti-democracy, anti-west, the government and the press conspire to control us and lie to us' brigade are fellow travellers of the alt-right. they share common roots, and, as you say, the same tool kit. they all aim to spread confusion, fake news and mistrust - as does, coincidently, mr putin.

This has to be the best conspiracy theory of them all.

Remind me how it goes: A group of, I don't know, 400, 1000 perhaps 5000 Russians (all with apparently near faultless English) post round the clock comments from a big building in Saint Petersburg on Twitter and other social media sites spreading confusion, distrust in European democracy, fake news and wait for it, even turn elections in their favour.

That's remarkable! In fact it's unbelievable.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 17:44 - Nov 16 with 6703 viewsgiant_stow

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 17:40 - Nov 16 by caught-in-limbo

Remind me how it goes: A group of, I don't know, 400, 1000 perhaps 5000 Russians (all with apparently near faultless English) post round the clock comments from a big building in Saint Petersburg on Twitter and other social media sites spreading confusion, distrust in European democracy, fake news and wait for it, even turn elections in their favour.

You ought to read Steve's thread link about the yank nazi - there's some stuff on that in there, including the regular clocking-off time of the troll farm. Fascinating..

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 17:46 - Nov 16 with 6700 viewscaught-in-limbo

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 16:14 - Nov 16 by Jonnosdreadlocks

I'm not sure how you could downvote my first comment in this thread and then post all of that.

Like I said, this left/right nonsense plays out everyday here on this forum.

#toxic

on 18:02 - Nov 16 with 6677 views_

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 17:46 - Nov 16 by caught-in-limbo

I'm not sure how you could downvote my first comment in this thread and then post all of that.

Like I said, this left/right nonsense plays out everyday here on this forum.

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 18:26 - Nov 16 with 6656 viewscaught-in-limbo

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 17:44 - Nov 16 by giant_stow

You ought to read Steve's thread link about the yank nazi - there's some stuff on that in there, including the regular clocking-off time of the troll farm. Fascinating..

I've read it, albeit quite quickly.

This sentence stood out: "Anglin worshipped Putin, and seemed like exactly the type of online agitator Russia might use to sow chaos during the U.S. election."

It's starting to add up. I've always been amazed by the claim that so many Russians speak such good English to enable them to troll for Putin.

Now I get it, perhaps these excellent English speakers aren't Russian at all, perhaps they're all Americans like Anglin.

Perhaps the real story is this: American far right supporters go to live in Russia friendly countries. They post far right stuff (Putin is NOT far right at all) but Russian secret services watch them closely anyway.

The Americans claim Russian agitation and slap sanctions on them and get Europe to do the same.

I'd say all these supposed Russian trolls aren't doing any favours for Russia at all. They look more like America trolls in Russia to me.

#toxic

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 18:38 - Nov 16 with 6636 viewsgiant_stow

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 18:26 - Nov 16 by caught-in-limbo

This sentence stood out: "Anglin worshipped Putin, and seemed like exactly the type of online agitator Russia might use to sow chaos during the U.S. election."

It's starting to add up. I've always been amazed by the claim that so many Russians speak such good English to enable them to troll for Putin.

Now I get it, perhaps these excellent English speakers aren't Russian at all, perhaps they're all Americans like Anglin.

Perhaps the real story is this: American far right supporters go to live in Russia friendly countries. They post far right stuff (Putin is NOT far right at all) but Russian secret services watch them closely anyway.

The Americans claim Russian agitation and slap sanctions on them and get Europe to do the same.

I'd say all these supposed Russian trolls aren't doing any favours for Russia at all. They look more like America trolls in Russia to me.

False flag troll farming... I think my heads about to explode. Why would Russia allow that if it harmful to them though?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 18:41 - Nov 16 with 6628 viewslowhouseblue

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 18:26 - Nov 16 by caught-in-limbo

false trolls. your commitment to the cause is awe inspiring.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 18:53 - Nov 16 with 6618 viewsFootballpete

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 17:40 - Nov 16 by caught-in-limbo

It's not that difficult to believe at all, given that the president of Russia is a former KGB operative. The Soviet Union had the most paranoid and intricate espionage infrastructure of any state in history. It's more difficult to believe that said infrastructure was somehow dissolved in 1991.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 18:55]

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 20:34 - Nov 16 with 6564 viewscaught-in-limbo

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 18:53 - Nov 16 by Footballpete

It's not that difficult to believe at all, given that the president of Russia is a former KGB operative. The Soviet Union had the most paranoid and intricate espionage infrastructure of any state in history. It's more difficult to believe that said infrastructure was somehow dissolved in 1991.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 18:55]

OK, let's start from the top.

1) "operative" : a person who works secretly for an organisation (Cambridge online dictionary).
In what way was Putin a KGB operative? or are you just repeating what you hear in the media?

2) "The Soviet Union had the most paranoid and intricate espionage infrastructure of any state in history." How are you measuring that? or are you just repeating what you hear in the media?
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 21:23]

#toxic

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 20:49 - Nov 16 with 6547 viewscaught-in-limbo

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 18:38 - Nov 16 by giant_stow

False flag troll farming... I think my heads about to explode. Why would Russia allow that if it harmful to them though?

"Why would Russia allow that if it harmful to them though?":
Because it's much easier to spy on your your enemy if he's in your house.

#toxic

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 21:45 - Nov 16 with 6529 viewsm14_blue

Do you not think the kremlin attempts to interfere in the affairs and elections of other countries at all then? It's all just a myth deliberately perpetuated by the west?

Genuine question, I don't know enough to conclude either way.
meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 22:04 - Nov 16 with 6514 viewscaught-in-limbo

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 21:45 - Nov 16 by m14_blue

Do you not think the kremlin attempts to interfere in the affairs and elections of other countries at all then? It's all just a myth deliberately perpetuated by the west?

Genuine question, I don't know enough to conclude either way.

No. I think most countries* probably do what they can to influence things in their favour in foreign elections, but America is by far and away the biggest culprit.

Blaming Russia is a very convenient way to deflect attention from lower living standards, societal breakdown, unsuccessful wars fought in other countries and democratic elections not going your way.

Some of the claims are completely ridiculous:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/12/russian-hackers-used-pokemon-go-part-

In reality, Georg Soros has done far more to enflame racial tensions in the US:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/17/george-soros-transfers-18b-to-o

*I'm sure the British have their trolling department too. https://www.davidwolfe.com/leaked-document-reveals-internet-trolls-govt-agents/

As does Israel: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/jan/09/israel-foreign-ministry-me

EDIT: If indeed it is so easy to "hack" elections with internet trolling, I would expect and hope that all countries use internet trolling as a form of warfare/warfare against other countries.

I think all this is very very obvious.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 22:14]

#toxic

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 22:25 - Nov 16 with 6496 viewslowhouseblue

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 22:04 - Nov 16 by caught-in-limbo

No. I think most countries* probably do what they can to influence things in their favour in foreign elections, but America is by far and away the biggest culprit.

Blaming Russia is a very convenient way to deflect attention from lower living standards, societal breakdown, unsuccessful wars fought in other countries and democratic elections not going your way.

Some of the claims are completely ridiculous:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/12/russian-hackers-used-pokemon-go-part-

In reality, Georg Soros has done far more to enflame racial tensions in the US:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/17/george-soros-transfers-18b-to-o

*I'm sure the British have their trolling department too. https://www.davidwolfe.com/leaked-document-reveals-internet-trolls-govt-agents/

As does Israel: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/jan/09/israel-foreign-ministry-me

EDIT: If indeed it is so easy to "hack" elections with internet trolling, I would expect and hope that all countries use internet trolling as a form of warfare/warfare against other countries.

I think all this is very very obvious.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 22:14]

russia gets caught trolling and interfering in foreign elections. answer: throw some dirt at everyone else and hope some of it sticks. when none of it sticks you can then fall back to the 'no smoke without fire' line. easy peasy.

and that david wolfe link is proper mad - he's clearly just an anti-vacine nutter.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 22:46 - Nov 16 with 6484 viewscaught-in-limbo

meme wars, internet culture and the 'alt right' on 22:25 - Nov 16 by lowhouseblue

russia gets caught trolling and interfering in foreign elections. answer: throw some dirt at everyone else and hope some of it sticks. when none of it sticks you can then fall back to the 'no smoke without fire' line. easy peasy.

and that david wolfe link is proper mad - he's clearly just an anti-vacine nutter.

The way you magically appear to counter everything I say, moments after I say it is incredible. The way you don't deal with the content of the articles I post, but shoot the messenger is very telling. All you do is defame other posters and prejudice others against them

I really can't think of a bigger paid internet troll on this site than you to be honest. My only doubt is which other TWTD posters sit next to you at your work. That said, you and your aliases are by far and away the best at your job on this site.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024