Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Making of an American Nazi 14:40 - Nov 16 with 7944 viewsSteve_M

This is both excellent and deeply disturbing:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/12/the-making-of-an-american-n

It also manages to encompass nearly every TWTD trope, just missing flying cars, cheese and parking at Gatwick.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 20:45 - Nov 17 with 2015 views_

The Making of an American Nazi on 20:20 - Nov 17 by blue_oyster

I'm sure there is, I'm just telling you the problems with it. And why it's prefixed with 'so-called', in the video you posted. Try not to take it all so personally, sweetheart.

The Making of an American Nazi on 20:50 - Nov 17 with 2000 viewsblue_oyster

on 20:45 - Nov 17 by _

I'm telling you what's wrong with it, and specifically why. You've not been able to reply to those reasons. You *say* you are capable of rational argument, so are you able to reply to them?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

on 20:56 - Nov 17 with 1989 views_

The Making of an American Nazi on 20:50 - Nov 17 by blue_oyster

I'm telling you what's wrong with it, and specifically why. You've not been able to reply to those reasons. You *say* you are capable of rational argument, so are you able to reply to them?

The Making of an American Nazi on 21:08 - Nov 17 with 1974 viewsblue_oyster

on 20:56 - Nov 17 by _

It's called 'alt-right' or 'far-right', but it's not only consigned to the right-wing, particularly anti-semitism. So it makes no sense. These labels are applied to people who violently want to kill or threaten to kill other people, usually in different ethnic groups. Then there is a discussion about a problem with people in these groups. There is no political analysis in the application of these labels, even though the name suggests one. This is a problem.

on 21:10 - Nov 17 with 1968 views_

The Making of an American Nazi on 21:08 - Nov 17 by blue_oyster

It's called 'alt-right' or 'far-right', but it's not only consigned to the right-wing, particularly anti-semitism. So it makes no sense. These labels are applied to people who violently want to kill or threaten to kill other people, usually in different ethnic groups. Then there is a discussion about a problem with people in these groups. There is no political analysis in the application of these labels, even though the name suggests one. This is a problem.

The Making of an American Nazi on 21:13 - Nov 17 with 1958 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Making of an American Nazi on 18:16 - Nov 16 by blue_oyster

I would say 'far right' suffers from the same problem I stated as with 'alt right'. As soon as you go beyond 'violence towards people you disagree with', you have problems. This is based on psychotic violent intolerance, and not politics.

I'd say his alignment with people and groups who identify themselves as right wing, the worship of Hitler, the tattooing of nazi-related iconography on to his skin, etc., is a clue that his current activities can safely be pigeonholed as right wing.

And he's obviously a highly impressionable, deeply disturbed individual.

It probably doesn't matter in this case anyway. There's enough there I'm sure to provide an understanding of how he came to be where he is. He's certainly had an eventful life so far!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Making of an American Nazi on 21:14 - Nov 17 with 1957 viewsblue_oyster

on 21:10 - Nov 17 by _

No, it's the same point, if you read it. But I know you're not interested, and it's very clear why -- it's a big problem for anyone trying to build an argument based on meaningless labels.

on 21:15 - Nov 17 with 1956 views_

The Making of an American Nazi on 21:14 - Nov 17 by blue_oyster

No, it's the same point, if you read it. But I know you're not interested, and it's very clear why -- it's a big problem for anyone trying to build an argument based on meaningless labels.

Login to get fewer ads

The Making of an American Nazi on 21:30 - Nov 17 with 1940 viewsblue_oyster

on 21:15 - Nov 17 by _

You haven't understood it. You only understand general consensus and have to go with the popular vote. The problem won't go away for you if you ignore it, so I'll keep it safe for you.

The Making of an American Nazi on 21:33 - Nov 17 with 1938 viewssyntaxerror

on 21:15 - Nov 17 by _

Cant believe you take him seriously, Libby.
The creation Blue Oyster exists only to fill the hole in some sad individual's lack of life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024