Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Making of an American Nazi 14:40 - Nov 16 with 7943 viewsSteve_M

This is both excellent and deeply disturbing:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/12/the-making-of-an-american-n

It also manages to encompass nearly every TWTD trope, just missing flying cars, cheese and parking at Gatwick.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Making of an American Nazi on 15:09 - Nov 16 with 5864 viewsNewcyBlue

Just wow.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The Making of an American Nazi on 15:13 - Nov 16 with 5853 viewsNo9

"This is both excellent and deeply disturbing: "

It is but not surprising given the way in which America is going.
Watch & you may find Trump become more, not less popular in some American states
The Making of an American Nazi on 15:37 - Nov 16 with 5836 viewsfactual_blue

There's even a cheeky bit of veganism.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Making of an American Nazi on 17:00 - Nov 16 with 5784 viewsPendejo

This paragraph sums up this type of person perfectly...

Devon Arthurs, an 18-year-old former neo-Nazi who converted to Islam, shot and killed two of his three roommates in Tampa, who were still neo-Nazis

How on earth do you go from neo-Nazi to Islam? Let alone killing room mates.

As for Anglin, he seems a right charmer.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The Making of an American Nazi on 17:05 - Nov 16 with 5779 viewsblue_oyster

An excellent article, stuffed with a lot of detail. Two things I notice about the abhorrent Anglin :

1) The problem with the term 'alt right', a term that is difficult to define and may mean something like 'saying things similar to what the Nazis said'. The main component of his hate seems to be anti-Semitism, which today is more a problem for the left-wing, than the right.

2) The transformation of Anglin from hippy-style character, a withdrawn type and then to the current evil state. His drug use was well documented from school including LSD, cocaine and no doubt cannabis (although this is isn't stated). He's clearly psychotic, but are these power mind-altering drugs wholely or partly responsible for someone whose main desire just seems to be to hate, and will use any popular platform to achieve this rage?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

The Making of an American Nazi on 17:08 - Nov 16 with 5779 viewsfactual_blue

The Making of an American Nazi on 17:00 - Nov 16 by Pendejo

Devon Arthurs, an 18-year-old former neo-Nazi who converted to Islam, shot and killed two of his three roommates in Tampa, who were still neo-Nazis

All fundamentalists are essentially the same, so it's not that big a leap.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

on 17:08 - Nov 16 with 5771 views_

The Making of an American Nazi on 17:05 - Nov 16 by blue_oyster

An excellent article, stuffed with a lot of detail. Two things I notice about the abhorrent Anglin :

1) The problem with the term 'alt right', a term that is difficult to define and may mean something like 'saying things similar to what the Nazis said'. The main component of his hate seems to be anti-Semitism, which today is more a problem for the left-wing, than the right.

2) The transformation of Anglin from hippy-style character, a withdrawn type and then to the current evil state. His drug use was well documented from school including LSD, cocaine and no doubt cannabis (although this is isn't stated). He's clearly psychotic, but are these power mind-altering drugs wholely or partly responsible for someone whose main desire just seems to be to hate, and will use any popular platform to achieve this rage?

The Making of an American Nazi on 17:10 - Nov 16 with 5762 viewsblue_oyster

on 17:08 - Nov 16 by _

Do you have a clear and concise definition that you can offer?

Login to get fewer ads

on 17:31 - Nov 16 with 5741 views_

The Making of an American Nazi on 17:10 - Nov 16 by blue_oyster

Do you have a clear and concise definition that you can offer?

The Making of an American Nazi on 18:05 - Nov 16 with 5708 viewsjeera

Crazy stuff.

It seems madness this kind of hate still exists in the modern world.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Making of an American Nazi on 18:16 - Nov 16 with 5699 viewsBlueBadger

The Making of an American Nazi on 17:08 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

All fundamentalists are essentially the same, so it's not that big a leap.

Oh yes, look how keen the Being A Nazi Is Patriotic crowd on here are on, say, capital punishment are, for example. Or, in their broadly similar views about women, gay people and people who aren't People Like Us(whoever the 'us' might be).
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 18:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Making of an American Nazi on 18:16 - Nov 16 with 5696 viewsblue_oyster

on 17:31 - Nov 16 by _

I would say 'far right' suffers from the same problem I stated as with 'alt right'. As soon as you go beyond 'violence towards people you disagree with', you have problems. This is based on psychotic violent intolerance, and not politics.

The Making of an American Nazi on 18:33 - Nov 16 with 5671 viewsjeera

The Making of an American Nazi on 17:05 - Nov 16 by blue_oyster

"someone whose main desire just seems to be to hate, and will use any popular platform to achieve this rage?"

Agree. He certainly seems the type who needs to belong to some cause or other to feel self worth.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Making of an American Nazi on 19:30 - Nov 16 with 5631 viewschicoazul

The Making of an American Nazi on 18:16 - Nov 16 by blue_oyster

I would say 'far right' suffers from the same problem I stated as with 'alt right'. As soon as you go beyond 'violence towards people you disagree with', you have problems. This is based on psychotic violent intolerance, and not politics.

All Nazis should be punched in the face. They don't 'disagree' with some of us; they want to kill some of us. Punching Nazis is not psychotic but in fact wholly rational and something we gladly did for 6 years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 19:49 - Nov 16 with 5600 views_

The Making of an American Nazi on 18:16 - Nov 16 by blue_oyster

The Making of an American Nazi on 08:07 - Nov 17 with 5444 viewsblue_oyster

on 19:49 - Nov 16 by _

Let us know if you're able to deal with either point.

The Making of an American Nazi on 08:09 - Nov 17 with 5439 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Making of an American Nazi on 17:00 - Nov 16 by Pendejo

How on earth do you go from neo-Nazi to Islam? Unfortunately the link between the two would be antisemitism which is prevalent both in Nazism and Islam.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Making of an American Nazi on 08:13 - Nov 17 with 5433 viewsNo9

The Making of an American Nazi on 08:09 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

How on earth do you go from neo-Nazi to Islam? Unfortunately the link between the two would be antisemitism which is prevalent both in Nazism and Islam.

" How on earth do you go from neo-Nazi to Islam"
The story is here FYI

https://news.vice.com/story/how-devon-arthurs-went-from-neo-nazi-to-muslim-to-al
The Making of an American Nazi on 08:36 - Nov 17 with 5423 viewsSteve_M

The Making of an American Nazi on 08:09 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not sure that there is necessarily the case, perhaps more a manifestation of the necessary 'identity' to be part of each group.

It seems in the case in the article, and many others, that the driving force is a desperate desire to belong to something, to find some meaning. The constant moving between groups here a consequence of finding they don't meet the fantastical expectations. It seems more a random shuffling of beliefs rather than building a coherent worldview from the bottom up.

Add in a combination of social disengagement, hatred of outsiders, very selective use of the internet and a lack of empathy for just about anyone else and the pattern repeats.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Making of an American Nazi on 08:50 - Nov 17 with 5406 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Making of an American Nazi on 08:36 - Nov 17 by Steve_M

I'm not sure that there is necessarily the case, perhaps more a manifestation of the necessary 'identity' to be part of each group.

It seems in the case in the article, and many others, that the driving force is a desperate desire to belong to something, to find some meaning. The constant moving between groups here a consequence of finding they don't meet the fantastical expectations. It seems more a random shuffling of beliefs rather than building a coherent worldview from the bottom up.

Add in a combination of social disengagement, hatred of outsiders, very selective use of the internet and a lack of empathy for just about anyone else and the pattern repeats.

I completely agree that with many extremists it’s the desperate need to belong to something and perhaps in this case antisemitism wasn’t the driving force but I was answering Pendjo’s more general question on how one goes from being a Nazi to following Islam, and unfortunately the stain of antisemitism runs through both.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 09:15 - Nov 17 with 5387 views_

The Making of an American Nazi on 08:07 - Nov 17 by blue_oyster

Let us know if you're able to deal with either point.

The Making of an American Nazi on 10:07 - Nov 17 with 5355 viewsNo9

The Making of an American Nazi on 08:50 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

I completely agree that with many extremists it’s the desperate need to belong to something and perhaps in this case antisemitism wasn’t the driving force but I was answering Pendjo’s more general question on how one goes from being a Nazi to following Islam, and unfortunately the stain of antisemitism runs through both.

Wasn't the link betwen America & the nazis very strong? Does this mean Americans who supported the nazis (inc the Bush family & Exxon) are all antisemitic, has the hostotical link ever been broken?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/secret-history-the-u-s-supported-and-inspired-the-
The Making of an American Nazi on 10:08 - Nov 17 with 5355 viewsblue_oyster

on 09:15 - Nov 17 by _

You tried, but I looks as though i've ripped through them in 5 minutes. Unless you're able to counter the simple points? Go on, have a go at rational argument. I dare you.

on 20:03 - Nov 17 with 5197 views_

The Making of an American Nazi on 10:08 - Nov 17 by blue_oyster

You tried, but I looks as though i've ripped through them in 5 minutes. Unless you're able to counter the simple points? Go on, have a go at rational argument. I dare you.

The Making of an American Nazi on 20:20 - Nov 17 with 5176 viewsblue_oyster

on 20:03 - Nov 17 by _

I'm sure there is, I'm just telling you the problems with it. And why it's prefixed with 'so-called', in the video you posted. Try not to take it all so personally, sweetheart.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024