Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster 12:55 - Nov 17 with 6172 viewsdickie

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/16/brexit-netherlands-told-to-prep

Surely this idiocy can still be stopped?
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 12:59 - Nov 17 with 5393 viewsBadgerBajner

I think 1 way or another, the idiocy of the EU will be all over in the not too distant future.
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 13:01 - Nov 17 with 5382 viewsdickie

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 12:59 - Nov 17 by BadgerBajner

I think 1 way or another, the idiocy of the EU will be all over in the not too distant future.

Yes but at whose expense?
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:01 - Nov 17 with 5338 viewsRyorry

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 13:01 - Nov 17 by dickie

Yes but at whose expense?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:08 - Nov 17 with 5320 viewsSpruceMoose

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:01 - Nov 17 by Ryorry

Everybody knows that in a hostage situation, the best hostage to take is yourself... right?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:12 - Nov 17 with 5310 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I'm preparing for a Brexit party.

A nice clean Brexit will make the UK an economic powerhouse. More importantly it will make us a sovereign nation.

Once we are free from the EU we can ramp up the pressure and get PR installed as the system by which we elect our MPs. Then we can move to get a new, populist party in power within a decade, or at least to hold the balance of power. Neither Torys of Labour are up to the job.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:12 - Nov 17 with 5306 viewsDarth_Koont

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 12:59 - Nov 17 by BadgerBajner

The EU isn't idiotic at all. Makes perfect sense in a global economy to standardize with our neighbours on trade, customs and other regulatory issues not to mention allowing EU citizens and business the flexibility to work and sell services easily across borders.

No, what we're doing (for the reasons we've given) is rank idiocy.

Pronouns: He/Him

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:13 - Nov 17 with 5300 viewsDarth_Koont

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:12 - Nov 17 by The_Last_Baron

A nice clean Brexit will make the UK an economic powerhouse. More importantly it will make us a sovereign nation.

Once we are free from the EU we can ramp up the pressure and get PR installed as the system by which we elect our MPs. Then we can move to get a new, populist party in power within a decade, or at least to hold the balance of power. Neither Torys of Labour are up to the job.

Pronouns: He/Him

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:13 - Nov 17 with 5301 viewsSpruceMoose

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:12 - Nov 17 by The_Last_Baron

You had me until "Brexit Party".

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:18 - Nov 17 with 5289 viewsJ2BLUE

Doubt it. Will probably be stronger than ever with the UK still a member. I think this ends with another referendum, not that they would admit it just yet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:19 - Nov 17 with 5282 viewsNo9

The economic numbers released this week all tell a differtn story.
You have been asked many times to tell how the UK will propser outside the UK and have failed to come up with one thing.

The UK has never stopped being a siverign nation - the government had to admit that on the docs to lead up to A 50 - you must have missed it?

There is nothing in EU law to stop the UK changing its voting system

Wakey wakey
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:21 - Nov 17 with 5272 viewshype313

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:18 - Nov 17 by J2BLUE

Doubt it. Will probably be stronger than ever with the UK still a member. I think this ends with another referendum, not that they would admit it just yet.

How's Merkel getting on forming that government thingy?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:56 - Nov 17 with 5228 viewsSacrebleu

"British bad behaviour"? How dare we step out of line
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:57 - Nov 17 with 5224 viewsSpruceMoose

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:18 - Nov 17 by J2BLUE

I for one like this vision of the future.

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:02 - Nov 17 with 5217 viewsMattinLondon

Wasn't there a referendum on PR a few years ago - and its supporters lost
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:02 - Nov 17 with 5218 viewsStokieBlue

The CEO of Goldmans was tweeting for one yesterday:

Will leave some in a quandary, how can it possibly be the right thing to do if the CEO of probably the most hated bank in the world wants one....

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:04 - Nov 17 with 5210 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:12 - Nov 17 by Darth_Koont

The EU isn't idiotic at all. Makes perfect sense in a global economy to standardize with our neighbours on trade, customs and other regulatory issues not to mention allowing EU citizens and business the flexibility to work and sell services easily across borders.

No, what we're doing (for the reasons we've given) is rank idiocy.

.....but what about when that global economy is idiotic......or am I imagining the ecocide ? Ah the freedom to be used as cheap labour, deep joy !
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 15:07]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:04 - Nov 17 with 5203 viewsSpruceMoose

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:02 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

Wasn't there a referendum on PR a few years ago - and its supporters lost

I believe it was for AV, not full PR.

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:05 - Nov 17 with 5197 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....with the plebs feeling duly chastised.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:11 - Nov 17 with 5173 viewsMattinLondon

A Brexit party - lots of Union flags, lots of people shouting Royal Britannia and lots of people standing in the far-right of the hall.
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:13 - Nov 17 with 5161 viewsWeWereZombies

Perhaps if, when the United Kingdom exit the EU, the Netherlands and the Republic of Ireland joined us in a new customs union...

but then the Netherlands would probably need Belgium to join too...

and that would mean France would have to join us....

and if that happened then Germany, Italy and Spain would have to...

which would compel Portugal, Austria, Poland and the Czech Republic as well...

perhaps the whole point of Brexit has been to reform the EU without Denmark?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 15:28]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:16 - Nov 17 with 5147 viewsMattinLondon

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:04 - Nov 17 by SpruceMoose

I believe it was for AV, not full PR.

Was it - my mistake
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:53 - Nov 17 with 5079 viewscaught-in-limbo

Of course it'll be stopped, it hasn't started.

#LongLiveDemocracy

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 16:21 - Nov 17 with 5049 viewsStokieBlue

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 15:53 - Nov 17 by caught-in-limbo

Of course it'll be stopped, it hasn't started.

#LongLiveDemocracy

I actually agree bBut not for the reasons you keep telling us as we haven't signed up to Pesco and even if we did other non-members are going to be allowed to sign up (such as Norway).

https://www.ft.com/content/29f6fe76-c2eb-11e7-a1d2-6786f39ef675

"London has made it clear that it is keen to co-operate with the EU on defence after the Brexit date of March 2019. Details have yet to be settled for the possible participation in Pesco of non-EU members, including countries such as Norway, union diplomats say."

I suspect that support for a second referendum will gather and that will be a more comfortable decision with remain coming out on top.

SB
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:27]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 16:28 - Nov 17 with 5025 viewsLord_Lucan

I don't really think anyone knows what is going to happen, it's uncharted waters and no one from either side of the divide have the foggiest.

Strangely the Dutchies I know what their own Nexit

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 16:37 - Nov 17 with 5001 viewsartsbossbeard

I read this with the Dambusters theme going through my head at the same time. It kinda worked.

What a time to be alive.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024