Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster 12:55 - Nov 17 with 6174 viewsdickie

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/16/brexit-netherlands-told-to-prep

Surely this idiocy can still be stopped?
At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 16:54 - Nov 17 with 764 viewscaught-in-limbo

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 16:21 - Nov 17 by StokieBlue

I actually agree bBut not for the reasons you keep telling us as we haven't signed up to Pesco and even if we did other non-members are going to be allowed to sign up (such as Norway).

https://www.ft.com/content/29f6fe76-c2eb-11e7-a1d2-6786f39ef675

"London has made it clear that it is keen to co-operate with the EU on defence after the Brexit date of March 2019. Details have yet to be settled for the possible participation in Pesco of non-EU members, including countries such as Norway, union diplomats say."

I suspect that support for a second referendum will gather and that will be a more comfortable decision with remain coming out on top.

SB
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:27]

Looks like you've got all your bases covered there.

PESCO negotiations is not the reason we're not leaving the EU, it's a clear indication.

I've said from the start that we would only ever leave in name only.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 16:56 - Nov 17 with 758 viewsblue_oyster

At least one country is preparing for a Brexit disaster on 14:12 - Nov 17 by The_Last_Baron

I'm preparing for a Brexit party.

A nice clean Brexit will make the UK an economic powerhouse. More importantly it will make us a sovereign nation.

Once we are free from the EU we can ramp up the pressure and get PR installed as the system by which we elect our MPs. Then we can move to get a new, populist party in power within a decade, or at least to hold the balance of power. Neither Torys of Labour are up to the job.

With PR, you go to vote, get a split decision, then the politicians decide who is going to be in power for you. You'll never be able to kick them out again.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024